Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Bring Back the PSO Warm Ups!

Old
Thumbs up
Bring Back the PSO Warm Ups! - Sun Mar 13, 2011, 04:39 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
I would like to see the Pso Warm up Tourneys back soon or even as a permanent tournament schedule to go along with the pso skill league. This was one of the best ways to get into the Sunday Million and I hope you guys bring it back.

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 04:42 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
i agree

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 04:59 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBoyGold View Post
I would like to see the Pso Warm up Tourneys back soon or even as a permanent tournament schedule to go along with the pso skill league. This was one of the best ways to get into the Sunday Million and I hope you guys bring it back.
Although some improvements may need to be made to the steep payout structure, I would agree...

Im just sayin...

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 05:01 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
What about only allowing those that qualify only to play?

JT

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 05:02 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
I agree they need to bring these back.

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 05:26 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
This was a PSO Promotion and I am sure that if the powers that be could make it a permanent thing they would.

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 06:36 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
My thinking is that when the School Staff sees how well this promotion ran, they will be starting another one in the near future. If they do bring back the Warm-up on a permanent basis, I would like to see a few changes:

1 --- Qualifying score increased to 1600, with a minimum of twenty games. Should get the more serious player.

2 --- The Sunday Satelite is via a non-transferable, non-redeamable ticket. This forces players to partake in the game. Receiving the VPPS should encourage many to seek active status.

3 --- Eliminating the "excess" as a cash award, and have it float to the next tournament. Eventually, there will be an extra seat awarded.

4 --- Players cannot enter the satelite by purchasing a seat. This will increase the competative level of the weekly warm-up games.

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 07:03 PM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
My thinking is that when the School Staff sees how well this promotion ran, they will be starting another one in the near future. If they do bring back the Warm-up on a permanent basis, I would like to see a few changes:

1 --- Qualifying score increased to 1600, with a minimum of twenty games. Should get the more serious player.

2 --- The Sunday Satelite is via a non-transferable, non-redeamable ticket. This forces players to partake in the game. Receiving the VPPS should encourage many to seek active status.

3 --- Eliminating the "excess" as a cash award, and have it float to the next tournament. Eventually, there will be an extra seat awarded.

4 --- Players cannot enter the satelite by purchasing a seat. This will increase the competative level of the weekly warm-up games.
Great thoughts! Totally agree...Although it would force me to play a few more PSO tourney's than I would like, I think you're totally on to something.

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 07:55 PM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post

I love #4 that rule should have been applied before. Can't say I agree with #2 though

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 07:57 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
#4 will never be an option. Alot of players don't want to waste their time playing to qualify. They would rather just buy in.

JT

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 10:05 PM
(#11)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
I would have thought it would be the other way around. I'd rather not waste my money on such a steep payout structure.

Old
Mon Mar 14, 2011, 03:40 AM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
I am a strong advocate for including the Warm-Up Sat. as a regular feature for PSO active members. I would even go so far as to up the standards:
1. 1700 min avg
2. 20 PSO Skill tourneys minimum
3. Active members only
By golly, we would have an excellent compliment of good players competing for the prize.
True, many would not qualify,,,but that only serves to fuel their fire to excell.
And for those who do qualify,,,somewhat of an elite status within the PSO community.
As a side note: Consider a Tournement of Champions at the end of the year. Perhaps the top 10 ranked players from each month, all compete for a top dog prize. PSOTOC Player of the Year
or something like that

Old
Mon Mar 14, 2011, 11:25 AM
(#13)
BronzeStar
I'll be the first to admit that item 4 wouldn't happen since the school's whole purpose is to encourage people to spend their money. Doesn't mean I agree, but that's fine.

The reason I said the tickets should be non-transferable, and non-redeamable for tourney dollars is because the warm-up structure would be a permanent thing. If the site is going to do another temporary promotion, then I would want this option available.

Demontis7 has a great idea for a year-end competition. If I can steal an idea from one of the home game promoters, have anyone who made the first page eligible for the yearly game. Since PSO has earmarked $17,500 per month, it could come from the funds not spent each month due to the whitestars who make it into the top thousand.

His other suggestions regarding the score and the status I would oppose. You do not want to eliminate so many that the additional game goes begging for players. At it was structured, the warm-up games averaged over 300 per game. Increasing it to my suggested level might reduce it to 250. Going up as high as 1700 could cut the number of players by half.

If nothing else, this thread offers some helpful feedback to the staff. Hope they are reading.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com