Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Poblems with the SNG Quiz

Old
Poblems with the SNG Quiz - Sun Mar 13, 2011, 05:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
I seem to be having problems passing this quiz. I have read the material several times, printed it out and re-read several times but can't seem to pass the thing. Does anyone have any advice concerning this quiz or maybe some tips on getting through it?

Old
Wed Mar 30, 2011, 11:42 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Just keep re-reading the course it will all sink in sooner or later and by the time you pass you'll be a better player. The main thing is to know all the knowledge before you pass the course.

Study hard - win hard!

Old
Relativity - Thu Mar 31, 2011, 07:45 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
As these are merely examples in a scenario, don't analyze the questions from a 'will this hand prevail?' perspective. What the instruction rewards is play over the LONG HAUL. Evaluate each question by re-asking yourself each part of the question. What's my position, relative stack-size and how many are left at the table? What are the pot-odds? Only then assess hand-strength and adjust accordingly. I don't think I'm giving anything away by saying that the quiz follows the instruction format 'in general', and as such questions in the early part of the quiz TEND to be from earlier in the lesson, but not always. Most importantly, the first responder is absolutely right when saying to take your time. Better poker is the goal, not test scores. I failed the first few times I attempted the quiz, so I know it's frustrating. The amount of times it takes to pass is the right amount. Do it a hundred times if necessary, and be the better for it.

Old
Mon Apr 04, 2011, 01:19 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
WhiteStar
TX I am having the same problem. Seems like good advice here.

Old
Mon Apr 04, 2011, 12:08 PM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2011
I had a terrible time trying to pass the MTT quiz, I could not figure out and kept wandering why these questions about the PSO league, then I realized I kept stopping after Final Table course, so make sure you take all courses.

I always re-start each example and weigh each option and how it responds to the action, I think this helped to understand all aspects of what they are trying to teach.

.....................kwik1

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com