Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

$0.25/$0.50 NLHE Cap Games

Old
$0.25/$0.50 NLHE Cap Games - Sun Mar 13, 2011, 11:30 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
So, I've been building my bankroll at the cash tables over the past week or so. So far, I've been succeeding, and it's been a lot of fun. I'm currently playing at the $0.10/$0.25 tables, which have a buy-in of $25 per table. I've noticed that the next two levels are the $0.25/$0.50 cap games (also having a $25 buy-in), and the $0.50/$1 tables ($100 buy-in). Since my bankroll can afford the $25 buy-ins, I'm considering moving up to the $0.25/$0.50 tables (since it's technically not a move up).

I'm wondering if anyone has any information on cap games that they'd like to share, and I'd like to know if people think it's a good idea to treat the different $25 buy-in tables the same way, with respect to bankroll management. I certainly want to make my way to the $100 games ASAP (which probably won't be that soon, but I can dream), so I want to max out the money I'm bringing in, so my bankroll can build as fast as possible.

Anybody have any advice? Thanks for reading.

Edit: There do seem to be $50 tables before the $100 tables. Just to point that out.

Last edited by PanickyPoker; Sun Mar 13, 2011 at 11:42 PM..

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 11:39 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2010
Was watching you from the rail
IMO you was pretty hot
Keep to what you are good at
If it aint broke don't try to fix it
I'm sure you will build your bankroll staying as you are
Don't try to run before you can walk

All the best at the tables

Old
Sun Mar 13, 2011, 11:45 PM
(#3)
Thanks spike. I'm certainly getting better at Hold'em, but let's just say I could still use a Live Training or two.

I accidentally sat at one of the $25 cap tables. Might as well give it a shot. I'll probably leave pretty quick.

Old
Mon Mar 14, 2011, 03:18 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
[QUOTE=PanickyPoker;261673]So, I've been building my bankroll at the cash tables over the past week or so.
I'm wondering if anyone has any information on cap games that they'd like to share, and I'd like to know if people think it's a good idea to treat the different $25 buy-in tables the same way, with respect to bankroll management.

i've had sucess by useing 1/10 of my bankroll on any one session. Each session has a goal, to win 10 percent. i.e.
$10 bank - so I go $1.00 on the .02/.04 limit cash game. Goal win .10
$20 bank - go $2.oo on the .05/.10 limit cash game. win .20
ect......
i am at the $80 dollar bank now, risking $10 on the .25/.50 limit games. win $1
The neat thing is that I always come off the table w/ a win of 20-30%.
If i play a .55 SnG,,,i'll go to the cash table, win my buy in and bank the rest.
In 6 weeks, my bank has grown from $4.00 to $83.00. And thus with bigger buy-ins, the bank grows faster. Add the VPP bonus, PSO monthly bonus, freerolls, it just keeps getting better.

and the $1500 i'm gonna snag the end of March will be so sweet,,,,,yeah right

Old
Mon Mar 14, 2011, 03:43 AM
(#5)
That's very interesting, D. I enter and play for a little under 50% (might change that up, though). Glad to hear you're doing well. The 10% system is definitely an interesting idea.

And the cap game didn't work out. Lost $20 within the first two orbits. Back down to the 10/25 games. I'm such a fish.

Old
Mon Mar 14, 2011, 03:49 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
lol,,,i heard that I did. I just try to stay within the confines of my bankroll, and try not to expose more of it than I have to. The variance of the limit struture is easy to handle. And the fishing is really good,,,and he waited,,,and he waited,,,,then bamm,,,,one hand, 10%, and gone

Old
Mon Mar 14, 2011, 04:12 AM
(#7)
I believe that's known as a hit-and-run.

Old
Mon Mar 14, 2011, 06:17 PM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Don't move up the limits too fast man. The faster you can make money, the faster you can lose it too. I've read advice on the PSO talking about moving up the limits fast and 'taking a shot' at it, even though your not 100% properly bankrolled. I guess if your feeling confident and lucky, you can try it. Just make sure your fully prepared to move back down the limits if your luck is no good.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com