Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Round Trip Airflight...

Old
Round Trip Airflight... - Wed Mar 16, 2011, 12:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Was curious if anyone knew of some reasonable prices for plane tickets to Las Vegas? I remember 3 years ago I went and it only cost "$110" roundtrip. Now, since gas prices are basically raising Im sure I wont come across a deal like that again, but was wanting to know if anyone here knew of some decent reasonable prices. Im leaving in September, but figured I might as well book my flight before they prices go up anymore.

Anyone....

Thanks!

Old
Wed Mar 16, 2011, 01:04 PM
(#2)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
what airport would you be leaving from? Let me know that and I'll give you the best options for airlines to use (forwarn you, my normal ticket there is $300 or so... it's in the mid 400's now).

I haven't seen any sales out that far yet, normally they don't come out until June or July.

Old
Wed Mar 16, 2011, 01:11 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
So, you think I should wait til around June or July to see if there's any deals?

Im planning on staying in Las Vegas from September 17th thru September 25th

Leaving from Columbus, OH airport since that's where I live.

Old
Wed Mar 16, 2011, 01:22 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
David Randall a poker player from around my area I know flies quite often due to traveling for poker tournaments and etc discussed with me and said the longer you do the booking in advance is best as long as I had my dates set and stone because changing flight days and etc could be pricey.

And I been looking at how all these flight prices seem to be going up rather than down.

Thanks!

Old
Wed Mar 16, 2011, 02:49 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
you want to look at them and book them as soon as any deal for your flight days would happen. Normally it's 3 months or so before (sometimes they put the sales out 4 months ahead). If you book TOO early, then the price could come down... and you'd be booked in at the higher price. I go to Vegas every year for 5 days sometime between Aug and Oct and in the past, the fare deals haven't come out until after Memorial Day for that timeframe.

My mom flies to Vegas out of Columbus and I've always done all the flight research for her... so that's a help. (I grew up about 50 min north of Col, went to OSU, and now live in Chicago). I've always gotten the best deals for her on either Southwest or US Air (the old America West flights). There aren't very many direct flights from Columbus anymore, so you're probably going to have to connect once.

First rule on airfares... try to avoid Fridays/Sundays if at all possible. It's normally better to go on Thurs or Mon and you can almost always save enough in the airfare by avoiding those days to cover an extra night's room. Also, I totally agree with your friend, that you do NOT want to change days.... it'll cost you at least $150 normally.

ex: 17-25th on SW... $475.40 .... 17-26th is $439.40
USAir is a little more expensive as of now.

Old
Wed Mar 16, 2011, 03:17 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
lmfao. Never was a comment in the chatbox more appropriate

Old
Wed Mar 16, 2011, 04:23 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Southwest Airlines is advertising cheap rates right now if bought online.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com