Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

Hello.

Old
Hello. - Thu Mar 17, 2011, 12:36 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
It's a pleasure to meet you all, I'm Near.

I've been playing poker real money now for a year and 2 months; all online. I've recently started to go to live tournaments and have got a lot better in the past 2 months. Have had a good run and bad run, cashed in a $1.10 tourney 15 guaranteed, got 12, but lost all of it in a month approx. I learnt from that, also generally ran bad.
I've proven to myself i can be a gd/very gd player if i keep playing/practicing and cashing (which i do do ). Also, i feel i've proven I can make gd decisions at the tables, but the cards haven't always come my way, but i'm not going to be right all the time. I try to keep all mistakes to a mininum.

My SN on Stars=INear (I=i)
See you at the tables.

Near

Old
Thu Mar 17, 2011, 09:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Welcome to the pso and the forum INear!
Well that is a good start because all we can do is try to make the right decisions. Variance is always going to have her way with us a little bit, but if we do make good decisions, we'll be ahead of the game.
Thanks for the intro! This group is more than helpful so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Have you looked through the tabs up top here? The league one explains the scoring and the leaderboard. Make sure to earn your 20 vpps every month in order to be eligible for the big payouts from the pso.
Look forward to talking to ya' soon.
Take care and best o' luck!

Old
Thu Mar 17, 2011, 10:14 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Welcome!
You are in a great place to practice and learn how to become the player you want to be. Also, there are a lot of helpful people on here that you can ask just about anything and get good feedback. Ignore the negative people, like anywhere else, there are some of those too.

I started playing back on 06' but was an epic fail. Had to get issues in my life straight before I wanted to dedicate to much to poker. After attending college for two years I decided it was time to get back in the poker scene. Last month I made a deposit for $50 and turned it into over $400 by playing $2NL and after building my roll to appr. $100 I began playing $2.20 MTTS.

I got a lot of support from fellow PSO members in here when I was running deep in the MTTS, there are some great people here. Hope you enjoy your experience here at PSO.

- AcE or Rob lol

Old
Thu Mar 17, 2011, 02:57 PM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2010
Welcome Near

GL and see ya at the tables

BULLS

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 09:55 AM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0o0AcEo0o0 View Post
Welcome!
You are in a great place to practice and learn how to become the player you want to be. Also, there are a lot of helpful people on here that you can ask just about anything and get good feedback. Ignore the negative people, like anywhere else, there are some of those too.

I started playing back on 06' but was an epic fail. Had to get issues in my life straight before I wanted to dedicate to much to poker. After attending college for two years I decided it was time to get back in the poker scene. Last month I made a deposit for $50 and turned it into over $400 by playing $2NL and after building my roll to appr. $100 I began playing $2.20 MTTS.

I got a lot of support from fellow PSO members in here when I was running deep in the MTTS, there are some great people here. Hope you enjoy your experience here at PSO.

- AcE or Rob lol
I am happy for you that you got your life straight and doing well in poker, i'm having a downswing atm, but to be honest recently the cards and my plays haven't fallen how i would have hoped. However, i remain optimistic i'll make money .

Also, i have my own Home Games club

ID: 5522
Code: thenextstar

Please do join, i run a $1.10 tourney every Sunday and have cash games open.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com