Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

pso 12000 poker package

Old
pso 12000 poker package - Thu Mar 17, 2011, 01:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
just a thought about the winner timmybwee. as fars as i can see he never played 1 pso skill league turney, ever. he comes 4th in sunday mill and he cash 140k. he wins 12000 package also. i dont think its fair that its a promo for pso members but the guy wins and has never played just registered. he won 140k does he need this promo package also? i would like to suggest maybe only an active skill league player qualify in future. like maybe 10 games minimum a month say

Old
Thu Mar 17, 2011, 03:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
Hey bud fan, welcome to the forum.
You're not alone in your thinking. Many, many players have expressed this sentiment. Pso admin and staff have commented that they will look at these qualifications a little differently if they run this again, or other promos.
The one thing is though, where do they draw the line? 2, 5, 10 games? I for one, feel it should be at least 5 games. But even at 5, how difficult would it be to just register for the pso tourneys and then just not play at all. Perhaps a qualification of the # of games played, plus a minimum score is in order. But I'm not sure...and really, I'm just grateful for the opportunity they presented.
By all means, put your suggestion in the pso suggestion box thread. It's a sticky, I believe in the general forum. The thread is reviewed by the "brass" and hopefully some of the great ideas there get picked up and used.
Hope to see ya' at the tables and best o' luck!

Old
Thu Mar 17, 2011, 04:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Don't forget a big part of the confusion was that the promo was specificaly for members of PSO, it was not exclusively for PSOers who play in the skill league. There are a lot of members of PSO that do NOT play in the skill league (myself for example).

Old
Thu Mar 17, 2011, 04:16 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
The moment I saw that the Warm-up Sunday Satelite did not require a ticket, I knew this would happen. The game offered everyone with the $3.40 a chance at the brass ring. Now I'll not knock the winner for finding a way to garnish all the goodies without getting himself dirty in our league, but it stinks.

As to the "suggestion box," forget that. Based on my experience, they have that thread on permanent ignore, or they have it relabled as the comedy shop.

If there is a future promotion, PSO should guarantee that only school members participate. That means the five games and X-points. Sure, it will result in some people playing until they meet the qualifications, but that I can accept as working the system.

However, that will never happen since it might discourage players from parting with their cash.

Old
opinion of someone new to the league - Thu Mar 17, 2011, 07:53 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
I have played on PS off and on over the years and just joined the league last month. I never realized it was targeted at PSO members. From an administration point of view, I think they would want as many opportunities as possible to get enough money in the pot to cover the guarantee. I bet a large number of the players are not in the league.

Old
Thu Mar 17, 2011, 08:59 PM
(#6)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Don't forget a big part of the confusion was that the promo was specificaly for members of PSO, it was not exclusively for PSOers who play in the skill league. There are a lot of members of PSO that do NOT play in the skill league (myself for example).
Yes ^this = me +1

Old
Thu Mar 17, 2011, 09:44 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
There are alot of people on that leaderboard for the promo who likely have spent ZERO time on any part of the PSO website after registering. I would not even be surprised if the guy who wins didn't even know about the promotion, but he will be one happy camper to take the PSO gift and be thankful he took a minute to become a "registered" member.

The skill league money is a great thing that the "learning" player can strive to win a piece of the pie. Promos like the sunday million contest? Total joke. Kind of like that suggestion thread.

Old
Fri Mar 18, 2011, 12:41 AM
(#8)
(Head Trainer)
I don't disagree with you guys... just being clear that the guy who won it did so perfectly legally and deserves his award. The way the rules were set up, certainly the door was open for this outcome. And I doubt this was the intent when the promo was conceived, I am sure the intent was for active school members to be taking this down (maybe not just league players, I think personally that's not a good requirement, but people who read the lessons or participate in the forums or play in the league or some/all of the above). I thought, and perhaps I'm mistaken, that pso staff addressed this... they would not change the rules mid contest (probably can't from a legal perspective), but acknowledged that the door being open for this was not the intent and they would take it into consideration in the future. Could have swore I read that somewhere, don't exactly remember now where.

If the guy that won is someone who spent all of a few minutes registering for PSO and never came back, then yeah, that kinda stinks. But it is what it is. Everyone who had a membership in good standing had a chance. They will learn from it and design stuff differently in the future. Or maybe not run any more promos that offer such a great opportunity for so many to get into the Sunday Mil or win a major event seat. That's a possible result of this too.

Old
Fri Mar 18, 2011, 01:09 AM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Or maybe not run any more promos that offer such a great opportunity for so many to get into the Sunday Mil or win a major event seat. That's a possible result of this too.
Is this Dave saying STFU?

Old
Fri Mar 18, 2011, 01:35 AM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Is this Dave saying STFU?
lol. I think he's saying that there have been a few, ummm, hiccups, in the way some of these promos have been rolled out.

From the start PSO-Staff has always asked for our input here, and while it seems he has been missing from here for a while, I still think he's somewhere trying to make this place better for all involved.

The new incarnation of PSO is still pretty young. They are giving away a pretty nice pile of free money every month. Yeah, there are things to complain about, but there's also a lot to be thankful for and to take advantage of.

So, much like poker; Be patient, don't let the simple things tilt you, and look at the long term results, not the free money they offered up fairly for anyone who played within the rules that you didn't win and you're all pissy about.

Old
Fri Mar 18, 2011, 01:58 AM
(#11)
Since: Sep 2010
I agree. I think there's a lot to be thankful for. And while that's not to say that all conversations about how PSO could be better should stop, I am pretty happy with how it is now. For one thing, you usually have to pay for training videos... And that's just one thing.

I think poker would be a lot more boring without this forum here to come to every day. And I really don't think I'd be as good as I am today without the constant feedback and conversation I get from PSO.

+1 my own post. (Is that allowed?)

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com