Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

When is it gonna be my turn?

Old
When is it gonna be my turn? - Thu Mar 17, 2011, 05:17 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
I have played this game for quite some time and I have never really had a big win. I have been close a few times but unfortunatly for me I either get out drawn or a plain and simple bad beat. How long does it take for everything to go your way and you finally break the tape? It seems like it is never going to happen for me no matter how good I play or how many right decisions I make something just takes it away. Is this a matter of waiting years or more? I ask myself ,"Are there people that will never get to that winning platform for the simple reasons it is not in their cards? it's a frustrating issue. I have been playing for close to five years, something should have happened by now, right?

Old
Thu Mar 17, 2011, 05:22 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
you've been playing a long time, but are you playing enough games?

volume is important to get through bad variance swings

Old
Thu Mar 17, 2011, 07:56 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL_McC View Post
I have played this game for quite some time and I have never really had a big win. I have been close a few times but unfortunatly for me I either get out drawn or a plain and simple bad beat. How long does it take for everything to go your way and you finally break the tape? It seems like it is never going to happen for me no matter how good I play or how many right decisions I make something just takes it away. Is this a matter of waiting years or more? I ask myself ,"Are there people that will never get to that winning platform for the simple reasons it is not in their cards? it's a frustrating issue. I have been playing for close to five years, something should have happened by now, right?
When you stop whining.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Whining? - Thu Mar 17, 2011, 08:02 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Thanks for your helpful advice and insight and by the way, " Do you have nothing better to do than scroll through the forum insulting people"? It's quite obvious though, wouldn't you say?

Old
Game Numbers - Thu Mar 17, 2011, 08:04 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Thanks for your insight. In your opinion how many games per day would be enough?

Old
Thu Mar 17, 2011, 08:21 PM
(#6)
i've been playing about 200 a month, mostly sngs

but i'm sorta new, been grinding for about 5 months, march has been pretty shitty so far... guess i'll just play through it

Old
Thu Mar 17, 2011, 11:02 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Thanks for your helpful advice and insight and by the way, " Do you have nothing better to do than scroll through the forum insulting people"? It's quite obvious though, wouldn't you say?
Considering every single post of yours has been whining about losing, I'd say you're not going to be receptive to constructive criticism.

So I won't waste the time.

But I do have a pretty lucrative cheese-selling business on the PSO forums if you're interested.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Fri Mar 18, 2011, 09:31 AM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
I have a few thoughts.

First, what is your definition of a "big win"? Are you talking about a big money day in a tournament? If so, you could be waiting a while. In games such as the Sunday 1/4 Million (or Sunday Storm now?), it can have 30,000 - 35,000 participants, and the real money doesn't hit until around the 1,000th spot. So I would start with defining "big win".

Second, do you have a gameplan? What is your bankroll and how are you planning on building it? It took me a long time, and finally I observed some of the better players here in PSO talking in the forums about what their plans are to build, be it 100 .25 MTT's or working the 50/50's. So make a decision about where you want your bankroll to be and figure out how to get there. On a side note, you may have noticed some talk in the last few days about how lucrative the 50/50's are. You might consider starting there.

Finally, us the PSO League to get some money. You need to finish in the top 1,000 and be active to hit some money, but the games are freerolls and having a goal of hitting the money in league is a good goal to learn patience in tournaments.

Hope this is helpful.

Old
Fri Mar 18, 2011, 11:01 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinthecount View Post
I have a few thoughts.

First, what is your definition of a "big win"? Are you talking about a big money day in a tournament? If so, you could be waiting a while. In games such as the Sunday 1/4 Million (or Sunday Storm now?), it can have 30,000 - 35,000 participants, and the real money doesn't hit until around the 1,000th spot. So I would start with defining "big win".

Second, do you have a gameplan? What is your bankroll and how are you planning on building it? It took me a long time, and finally I observed some of the better players here in PSO talking in the forums about what their plans are to build, be it 100 .25 MTT's or working the 50/50's. So make a decision about where you want your bankroll to be and figure out how to get there. On a side note, you may have noticed some talk in the last few days about how lucrative the 50/50's are. You might consider starting there.

Finally, us the PSO League to get some money. You need to finish in the top 1,000 and be active to hit some money, but the games are freerolls and having a goal of hitting the money in league is a good goal to learn patience in tournaments.

Hope this is helpful.

^all sound advice (and a good thinking question to start)^

Old
Fri Mar 18, 2011, 01:22 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Looked up your stats. Says you just started playing last month. Also you rank in the PSO says a lot about your play.

Seems like you are thinking you will be successful overnight....which is never the case. Pay your dues and hopefully one day you might be.

Old
Fri Mar 18, 2011, 01:49 PM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
I been playing off and on for about 6 years, but more off than on lol. I had to get my life straight before I could actually dedicate myself to poker. After my second year of college I figured I was on a good enough track to atleast deposit $50 and start to grind it out some, but not to much.

So I made the deposit in mid february and by mid this month I turned it into over $400. I started out by grinding $2NL and playing the $.25 MTTS and sometimes mixing in the $1.10 MTTS. Didn't really have much luck with the MTTs, however, I did grind my br from $2NL to approximately $95.

I then began playing the $2.20 MTTs and they seemed to be a lot easier than the $.25 and the $1.10. It is sort of hard to playing MTTs at lower stakes because players play hyper aggressive and suck out a lot.

It takes time man. You have to analyze your game and try to get a subscription to a site that has pro videos. This is a great place to start so you are in the right place. Actually, the PSO is what made me really want to get back into the poker scene. I have never been involved in anything like this before where I could chat with other players and make good friends.

Use the search feature and search ventrillo and there ventrillo room that you can go into and chat with all kinds of different PSO members that are doing exactly what you are trying to do. Some still grind out the $1.10 mtts and the $.25, and some are beyond that. But you can always get good instruction and advice, or just have somebody to chat with while you are playing.

Hope this helps man ...

- AcE

Old
Valuable Time - Fri Mar 18, 2011, 04:40 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Then don't waste your time and mine. Capiche?

Old
TY - Fri Mar 18, 2011, 04:43 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Thank you for your sound advice and I will give it some serious thought.

Old
I've asked this same question before...... - Sat Mar 19, 2011, 01:41 PM
(#14)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
It all comes full circle

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 02:04 PM
(#15)
Since: Jun 2010
aaa

Last edited by RedLetterman; Sat Nov 26, 2011 at 09:14 PM..

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 04:37 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLetterman View Post
You're cooked from the very start. No one with a nic beginning with a B has yet to win a tourney in 2011. Look it up. Probably part of the program. Try changing your nic. May also be your ISP. Some ISP's are favored by the program. Part of the PS plan to create excitement for poker in far flung places.

Get with the program.
This is a joke...right???

That's the funniest thing I ever heard!

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 04:44 PM
(#17)
I hope you are not referring to a UPPER CASE "B" it just so happens the guy who won the 5th anniversary of the Sunday Million name Bdbeatslayer.

took home 671K on top of a brand new LAMBO.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com