Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Graduation day?

Old
Graduation day? - Thu Mar 17, 2011, 06:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Does anyone ever graduate from Poker school?

If you get a passing grade, do you get a t-shirt or a trophy?

What if you flunk out?

just wondering...!

Old
Thu Mar 17, 2011, 06:57 PM
(#2)
i got my poker GED

Old
Thu Mar 17, 2011, 07:04 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiabrenda View Post
Does anyone ever graduate from Poker school?

If you get a passing grade, do you get a t-shirt or a trophy?

What if you flunk out?

just wondering...!

there ARE "old schooler's" who we used to (jokingly) say had "graduated"...

for the most part, those were folks who felt their games had gotten too GOOD for PSO; usually they were dead wrong of course!

but there are others who you can say "graduated with honors", and moved on to bigger things in the poker world...

PokerMats (Mattais Andersen): Final Table appearence at the 2004 WSOP Main Event, winning over $500k.

Oil Doe (Amy Callisri): original "bird on a wire" columnist for Bluff magazine, and co-author of a poker book (with Mike Matasuow I THINK...old schoolers help?).

Zeroth (Tim Lavelli): Poker Pages WSOP reporter.

TheHazyOne (Aaron Hendrix): A past PSO "mentor", Full time poker pro and coach (at last hearing), and authoring a poker instruction book. also a poker coach.

Siberianex (Yan <last name unknown>): consistent on line winner, Black card on full Tilt, and going for super Nova on Stars now.

HolpUpMan48 (Bill <last name unknown>): On line grinder who has NEVER deposited, and who has risen to over $750 on line starting out on Free Rolls,and using BR management to NEVER go broke in 5 yrs.

SailorMoe (Leon Morford): All time leading money winner on the heartland poker tour, with over $500k in life time earnings. Leon still pops in occasionally, but he can be said to have "graduated" PSO!

The Langolier/Hitman (Dave <withholding last name in case he doesn't want it out): Long term live and on line winner, and of course, a past and current PSO "teacher"...

so I guess you CAN say there are some "sucessful" graduates too!

Last edited by JDean; Thu Mar 17, 2011 at 07:10 PM..

Old
Fri Mar 18, 2011, 11:44 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Very interesting, JDean. Thanks for the info. I hope to graduate one day, but right now

I seem to take one step forward and three steps backward!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com