Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

BB attacks the limpers,you?

Old
BB attacks the limpers,you? - Thu Mar 17, 2011, 09:51 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
Been looking at a play lately that works in getting me a few chips.

A weak player limps into the pot and another random player limps behind.
You are in the CO and deicide to limp behind as well,BB raises 4.5xbb and it folds around to you.
You call with atc looking to exploit a player that thought they could take the pot down or get Hu
with the fish.

Now I find players that make this move are not ready for some one else to call and will cbet blindly
and give up on the turn.Thats why its important to make this play from the CO and not the SB.
As you need the position to make this play.

You can now stab at the pot 50-60% of pot depending on the quality of player you face.
I tend to increase the bet if they are more leaning towards above average.
More than not I have found they fold.

The villian will have stats like 5/2/80 or something that shows they are nitty.
So them making this play is so unusual for them to make,since they are also leaning towards the timid side post flop.I compare it to the player that cbets 100% because they are told it is the right thing to do and is lost on the turn.Well I guess you are facing a combo of this type of player since they do tend to cbet the flop.

I have experimented with this play lately fooling around at 6max and in SNGs.
Just tried the play in a MTT and it worked like a charm.
Especially since chips are so hard to come by in this tourney you have to get creative.

I have also tried 3betting light preflop but it doesnt play as nicely as just calling HU.

Thoughts?

I will try to get some hands to show what I am talking about later tonight.

Old
Fri Mar 18, 2011, 12:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
+1, it's a very nice play vs. the right players. If they are raising wide (squeeze) and will only fire one barrel but give up frequently on the turn when they've missed, you can exploit them all day with this and plays of a similar nature.

Old
Fri Mar 18, 2011, 01:56 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Are you saying that you call a flop c-bet and raise a turn c bet? Or are you saying you call a flop c bet and bet the turn if checked to? I think you are saying the latter. If so, do you fold to a turn c-bet if your hand does not have or develop sufficient equity to proceed towards showdown?

How many BB's deep do you need to be to attempt this play?

Old
Fri Mar 18, 2011, 04:51 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
I think you have a good idea there dirtyrubberz. I just want to add a second idea for consideration. You could consider raising from the cutoff yourself before the BB can try a light squeeze. This could prevent the squeeze while also putting you in control of the hand.

Old
Sun Mar 20, 2011, 02:14 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
I have no idea what you are talking about please explain so a regular player can understand.

Old
Sun Mar 20, 2011, 02:58 AM
(#6)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerguyAA View Post
I think you have a good idea there dirtyrubberz. I just want to add a second idea for consideration. You could consider raising from the cutoff yourself before the BB can try a light squeeze. This could prevent the squeeze while also putting you in control of the hand.
I am always looking for the profitable line and not always the best line to take.
Your play has less risk and there for the chips will be less than taking my line.
Using both though is great way to mix it up.

Old
Sun Mar 20, 2011, 03:00 AM
(#7)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerstar671 View Post
I have no idea what you are talking about please explain so a regular player can understand.
Give me a starting point and I will be able to explain to the best of my ability.
If its the slang I will post the short terms here.

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 10:40 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
ok what does this mean?
The villian will have stats like 5/2/80 or something that shows they are nitty.
how do you know what there stats are and what do those numbers stand for?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com