Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

Any Advice ?

Old
Any Advice ? - Fri Mar 18, 2011, 07:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
Could I have done anything else ?

Old
Fri Mar 18, 2011, 08:21 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Looks like classic results-based thinking setting in. This was a bad beat. Your opponent had an unlikely strong holding, their holding became second-best after the flop, and when all the money went in on the turn, they drew out on you. If you want criticism on your plays that go wrong, it might be best to start with the plays that you didn't lose because of sheer luck.

That being said, minraising is something that tends to project a lot of strength and might actually lead your opponent to find a way to get off their hand. Either they have an ace on the flop or they don't, so you might as well put them all-in there, I think. They should go all-in if they have one, and there should be no more money coming out of them if they don't.

Old
Fri Mar 18, 2011, 09:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2010
TY Panicky I'll bare your second paragraph in mind in the future

Old
Fri Mar 18, 2011, 09:10 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
** Moved **

Old
Sun Mar 20, 2011, 01:50 PM
(#5)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
I think I understand what you were thinking, I am going to call this min-raise because he is just trying to steal my blind.

The problem with that mind set, in these small tournaments IMHO, is there is no real meta game. Unless the guys name is Lars from Finland, he is probably starting out with a better hand than Q-10 os, so for me, at that part of the tournament with relative chip stacks and blinds, its a snap fold or a shove. Its never a call with Q-10os, it plays like a pig unless you get absolutely perfect cards on the flop, which you did, almost, and it has such a huge potential downside.

On this comp I have been dealt Q-10os 132 times, and I have won with it 11.36% with a tournament losing total of -31, 338 chips. Q-10s is slightly better at 46 times for a profit of 9.698 chips.

The point is, the hand is a total mystery, what can we beat? Did the cards that just made us two pair make the BB a straight or a draw?

I hate queens, because they are so difficult, postflop, to play correctly IMHO.

I turbo fold this hand pre.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com