Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

$22 Sunday Million Stakers Club

Old
$22 Sunday Million Stakers Club - Sat Mar 19, 2011, 05:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
OK I'm looking for 15 Backers to join my investment club.

1. There will be a Play money, Winner takes all Tourney every Wednesday at 7:30 PM PST. The winner of this Tourney will play the coming Sunday Million on behalf of the whole club. $20 shipped by each club member to the winner at end of tourney.

2. The split will be 20% for the players of the Sunday Million. 80% to be split 15 ways ( 14 remaining club member and 1 share to be held in reserve to run another player one week or to cover any shortfall of a short entry week.

3. All members must play the 1st 4 weeks after joining. (After the 1st 4 games, a member may sit out one tourney per month)

4. There will only be 15 standing members at any point in time

5. Any current member may leave whenever they choose to.

6. Current members can only be voted out by a 9 count or more vote in favor of voting out. (Club President vote counts as 2)

7. New member must be voted in by a majority vote.

8. President will be voted for after first 15 members have been set. Until then I'll pick the 1st 2 members and we will proceed from there.

Please post interest in this only. Hope to get the tourney for next week rolling. Good Luck all
-shark

Last edited by sharkatack89; Sat Mar 19, 2011 at 07:05 PM..

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 06:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post
OK I'm looking for 25 Backers to join my investment club.

1. There will be a $20 + $2 Winner takes all Tourney every Wednesday at 7:30 PM PST. The winner of this Tourney will play the coming Sunday Million on behalf of the whole club.

2. The split will be 20% for the players of the Sunday Million. 80% to be split 25 ways ( 24 remaining club member and 1 share to be held in reserve to run another player one week or to cover any shortfall of a short entry week.

3. All members must play the 1st 4 weeks after joining. (After the 1st 4 games, a member may sit out one tourney per month)

4. There will only be 25 standing members at any point in time

5. Any current member may leave whenever they choose to.

6. Current members can only be voted out by a 18 count or more vote in favor of voting out. (Club President vote counts as 2)

7. New member must be voted in by a majority vote.

8. President will be voted for after first 25 members have been set. Until then I'll pick the 1st 2 members and we will proceed from there.

Please post interest in this only. Hope to get the tourney for next week rolling. Good Luck all
-shark
Where's the extra money go?

JT

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 06:05 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Extra money to be held for 2nd runner or to make up short fall on a short fall week. All extra money to be shipped to club treasurer. I do not want this position. Treasurer will be by volunteer basis. JT, all yours if you want the position.
-shark

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 06:08 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Extra money to be held for 2nd runner or to make up short fall on a short fall week. All extra money to be shipped to club treasurer. I do not want this position. Treasurer will be by volunteer basis. JT, all yours if you want the position.
-shark
Interested in both. Put me on the thinking seriously about it list.

Thx
JT

Old
Interest List - Sat Mar 19, 2011, 06:13 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Members
Sharkatack89
PanickyPoker ( Good I can keep you in my club rooster )

Potential Members
JT_Sooooted (JT, you're in, as soon as you say yes. LMK)

Last edited by sharkatack89; Sat Mar 19, 2011 at 06:28 PM..

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 06:15 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
I think it's an interesting idea and I'm interested, but I think that for someone to enter a $20 tournament, win their stake in the Sunday Million (not be staked; they're technically winning it fair and square), there should be more than just a 20% share for the winner of tourney #1. Just my take. We're also paying minimum $45 weekly just in rake to get this ball rolling. That means we'd need some serious ROI for it to be a profitable venture.

If you want to keep the current payout structure, I'd advise making the qualifier tourney a play-money one, at the very least.

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 06:22 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
I think it's an interesting idea and I'm interested, but I think that for someone to enter a $20 tournament, win their stake in the Sunday Million (not be staked; they're technically winning it fair and square), there should be more than just a 20% share for the winner of tourney #1. Just my take. We're also paying minimum $45 weekly just in rake to get this ball rolling. That means we'd need some serious ROI for it to be a profitable venture.

If you want to keep the current payout structure, I'd advise making the qualifier tourney a play-money one, at the very least.
Good Idea. $20 shipped to the winner would work better. Less rake. Lets do that. I'll reset the qualifying tourneys to play money. -shark

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 06:26 PM
(#8)
Alright, I might as well jump in. It's probably the closest I'm going to come to playing in the Sunday Million any time soon.

And I might actually play in it!

I'm in.

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 06:29 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Play money tourney for $20 real. I am in. We all ship to whomever. Then winner gets the buy in and do whatever with remaining.

JT

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 06:36 PM
(#10)
We should probably set out now what happens with the remainder of the $500. Free prize money for the tourney winner? Seems kinda fair. Or should we ship it to a runner-up for a shot at winning us some money in a smaller tourney? Or should we just cut it down so that we're shipping $215 total? And did you call me a rooster, shark?

Edit: If we have 25 people backing for $20 each, that's actually $500, which is enough for two entries.

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 06:37 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Sooooted View Post
Play money tourney for $20 real. I am in. We all ship to whomever. Then winner gets the buy in and do whatever with remaining.

JT
Members
Sharkatack89
PanickyPoker ( Good I can keep you in my club rooster )
JT_Sooooted (PM sent w/ club details JT.)

Potential Members

Now that we have 3 members. All the new members will be voted in by the 3 current members w/ a couple exceptions. Fifty/50 backers are all welcome in right away.

JT. the extra funds will not be used by the winner for whatever. We will hold by treasurer for short falls and for 2nd runner when possible.

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 06:52 PM
(#12)
Here's a question: why not 11 members total? That would make our $20 contribution each total $220. That's $215 for the buy-in, and a nice little $5 congratulations for winning the qualifier. It would make voting easier, and it would keep the thread less cluttered. With 25 people, we're looking at two weekly entries into the Sunday Million, and a thread that will have massive clutter.

Also a qualifier scheduling nightmare.

Last edited by PanickyPoker; Sat Mar 19, 2011 at 06:55 PM..

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 06:56 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Here's a question: why not 11 members total? That would make our $20 contribution each total $220. That's $215 for the buy-in, and a nice little $5 congratulations for winning the qualifier. It would make voting easier, and it would keep the thread less cluttered. With 25 people, we're looking at two weekly entries into the Sunday Million, and a thread that will have massive clutter.
LOL, you are quite correct. Why did I not catch that. No, wonder JT asked what about the extra. LOL
Yes. Not 11 tho. I want to be able to sit a tourney out each month. And we need to have some flexibility. It will be 12 to 15 max member now. I'm a moron. Don't vote me president. -shark

Panicky, I've edited post #1. Please check to see how many more moronic mistakes you can find. There's a reason I can't beat that guy HU.

Last edited by sharkatack89; Sat Mar 19, 2011 at 06:58 PM..

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 07:17 PM
(#14)
This is the only thing I see that's questionable is this:

2. The split will be 20% for the players of the Sunday Million. 80% to be split 15 ways ( 14 remaining club member and 1 share to be held in reserve to run another player one week or to cover any shortfall of a short entry week.

It seems like, between the $85 surplus and the 20% savings plan, we're stocking up lots of spare money. Our treasurer might not want to be responsible for holding an extra buy-in or two per month. Can't speak for JT though.

Also, JT, you might want to increase your transfer limits again if you're going to be handling this much money.

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 07:22 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:

It seems like, between the $85 surplus and the 20% savings plan, we're stocking up lots of spare money. Our treasurer might not want to be responsible for holding an extra buy-in or two per month. Can't speak for JT though.

Also, JT, you might want to increase your transfer limits again if you're going to be handling this much money.

Don't want to hold money, We will run 2 runners whenever possible. This is a shot at the big $$. Want as many chances as possible on our $20 a week.

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 07:25 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Quote:

Limits are fine. However, I don't want to be holding $100.00 or more. If we do 15 players at $15.00 a week (which is more likely). Then we only ship $14.33 of that and keep $0.67 times 15 for alittle over $10 per week. Then we allow the runner up's for each week to run a stake for all of us.

JT

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 07:34 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Limits are fine. However, I don't want to be holding $100.00 or more. If we do 15 players at $15.00 a week (which is more likely). Then we only ship $14.33 of that and keep $0.67 times 15 for alittle over $10 per week. Then we allow the runner up's for each week to run a stake for all of us.

JT
Sounds like good numbers JT. Let's see if we can get 15 then. Tho, I'd like to do like $17 or $18 to make up for short entry weeks.

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 07:40 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Sounds like good numbers JT. Let's see if we can get 15 then. Tho, I'd like to do like $17 or $18 to make up for short entry weeks.
That's cool..........you will not get 25 players to pay $20 a week when only 1/25 gets rewarded. Only point I am making. The decrease will help but may not get you there. You may want to look at satty's for it and pay maybe 4 or 6 spots to them and increase the chances.

JT

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 07:45 PM
(#19)
Quote:
you will not get 25 players to pay $20 a week when only 1/25 gets rewarded.
I don't understand. I thought 80% of any cash made by the winner of the qualifier was to be split amongst all stakers, besides the runner. The actual runner only keeps 20%.

I think the satty idea is interesting. It definitely would require more of a time commitment, but if we're actually good players, it would increase out potential earnings.

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 07:49 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Quote:
I don't understand. I thought 80% of any cash made by the winner of the qualifier was to be split amongst all stakers, besides the runner. The actual runner only keeps 20%.

I think the satty idea is interesting. It definitely would require more of a time commitment, but if we're actually good players, it would increase out potential earnings.
One has to cash in the million for the others to get anything. The second place winner each week gets nothing. You could get second every week we run and the winner's never cash. You would get nothing. I promise you. A shot at 1/25 isn't going to interest anyone in here that knows anything at all.

JT

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com