Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Staking Runners in Sunday Storm Satellites (So Many S's)

Old
Staking Runners in Sunday Storm Satellites (So Many S's) - Sat Mar 19, 2011, 09:23 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
Here's the deal. I want to stake people to run in Sunday Storm satellites for a share in the T$ earned, and possibly for a share in money earned in the Storm itself. Pretty simple. This thread is intended to be for decent players who don't have the bankroll to run in the Storm on their own, but anyone can apply.

Here's how it will work. I will put up $50 in satellite tickets (50 tickets total). Anyone can apply for up to 5 tickets (to start). I want people who are interested to only take as many as they can use and play their best with (so if you can only play three satellites profitably, only ask for three tickets). If I pick you, then I'll ship you the money right away.

Here's how payout works: If an applicant wins any satellite, he/she can play in the Sunday Storm (he/she may choose not to, of course). They will use the remainder of their tickets to finish their satellite run. Anyone who makes it to the Sunday Storm will owe me 75% of anything they cash for in the Storm. If they win any satellites after their first one, they will owe me 75% of the T$ they earn from that, as well. If someone chooses not to play in the storm, they would ship me 90% of the money from their first satellite win, but they would only ship me 75% of everything they win after that one.

Satellites must take place before next Sunday the 27th.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by PanickyPoker; Tue Mar 22, 2011 at 01:50 AM..

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 09:23 PM
(#2)
Satellites must take place before next Sunday the 27th.

Applications CLOSED

Satellite Runners:

2 Tickets Played 2/2, Won 0 - EndlessMyk
2 Tickets Played 2/2, Won 1 - PaidInFull6
2 Tickets Played 2/2, Won 0 - pokerstar671
3 Tickets Played 3/3, Won 1 - kidpoker525
3 Tickets Played 3/3, Won 0 - stevenl83
4 Tickets Played 4/4, Won 1 - topthecat
5 Tickets Played 5/5, Won 1 - DEMONTIS7
5 Tickets Played 5/5, Won 1 - jonesse52
5 Tickets Played 5/5, Won 0 - mugabe101
5 Tickets Played 5/5, Won 0 - spike8998
6 Tickets Played 6/6, Won 1 - ericlee1984
6 Tickets Played 6/6, Won 2 - respcombck

March 27 - Sunday Storm Runners:

4592th Place - PaidInFull6 - Cashed!!
58467th Place - kidpoker525
83197th Place - jonesse52

Thanks to everyone who played, and congrats to everyone who won!

Last edited by PanickyPoker; Sun Mar 27, 2011 at 07:24 PM..

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 09:44 PM
(#3)
Amount Shipped: $48
Amount Spent: $48
Waiting On: $0
Amount Returned: $62.72

Total Profit: $14.72 (Positive numbers are good)

Last edited by PanickyPoker; Fri Apr 01, 2011 at 05:22 AM..

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 09:50 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
im trying to run deep with hipholives stake so im not gonna explain why i should get tickets. but im very sure i could profit by playing 5 of the sats. do i have to play them tonight?

p.s i would be very thrilled to play in the sunday storm, and would final table it for us.

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 09:54 PM
(#5)
Yeah, I won't take up too much of your attention if you're playing at the moment. You don't have to play them tonight, but I want to take advantage of the Storm being a $1Mil guarantee this week, so they'd have to be before tomorrow's Storm.

I'll mark you down as an applicant for 5 tickets.

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 09:54 PM
(#6)
Since: Mar 2011
Were you still looking for players to stake in this? If so, I'd certainly be interested. I haven't had any money to invest in online poker for some time, and freerolls are starting to get boring, mostly due to the difference in the way people tend to play when they have nothing to lose.

I've been playing seriously for about 8 months now, and very rarely finish outside the top 10% in tournaments.

Edit: I'd only be interested in playing one or two tickets, mostly due to the amount of time remaining beforehand. Also, due to previous responsibilities I don't think I would be able to be online during the Storm itself, sadly.

Last edited by kidpoker525; Sat Mar 19, 2011 at 09:56 PM..

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 09:57 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Yeah, I won't take up too much of your attention if you're playing at the moment. You don't have to play them tonight, but I want to take advantage of the Storm being a $1Mil guarantee this week, so they'd have to be before tomorrow's Storm.

I'll mark you down as an applicant for 5 tickets.
hey bro the storm is next sunday, this week its still the 1/4 mil or whatnot, im pretty sure....

but either way i would be glad to run in some sats for you

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 09:58 PM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2007
Ok Panicky I have a proposition.

I will take five tickets and play them on Monday and Tuesday as I am off work next week. I will send any winnings back to you and you can choose to back another horse or cash the winnings.

If you decide to back another horse should I get a ticket(s) then I will take 10% of what they earn in the storm should they cash. Since I fly back to Ireland for a holiday on Wednesday until Monday it is unlikely that I will compete in the Storm myself.

Reasons to back me, 3rd in PSO last night, chip leader in Storm freeroll after 1 and half hours on Thursday but had to sit out and leave due to some other commitments. What else? I might surprise both of us and get the ticket in one so therefore doubling your investment.

Thanks

TC

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 09:59 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlee1984 View Post
hey bro the storm is next sunday, this week its still the 1/4 mil or whatnot, im pretty sure....

but either way i would be glad to run in some sats for you
I just checked, the Storm is running March 27th, not this Sunday.

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 10:04 PM
(#10)
You're quite right ericlee. Nevertheless, I'd like to try this one for tomorrow's 1/4 Million. Looks like I made an error, though. If anyone wants to run in the Storm instead of tomorrow's 1/4 Mil, that's fine by me. I'll just separate the two lists.

And kidpoker, more applicants are welcome. Let me know how many tickets you'd like to apply for. I'll put you on my list. If you don't play in the 1/4 Mil, that's fine, but you do have the option of running in next week's actual Sunday Storm if you want.

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 10:06 PM
(#11)
Given that I now know the Storm is next Sunday, I'd like to go with 3 tickets, I'll play them throughout the week when I'm less tired, I just finished a 7 hour session. I'd probably get them played tomorrow night. As far as playing in the Storm, as long as I'm able to be home while it's running, I'd love to play in it.

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 10:08 PM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidpoker525 View Post

I've been playing seriously for about 8 months now, and very rarely finish outside the top 10% in tournaments.
really? under what name?

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 10:12 PM
(#13)
Thanks Panicky,

I will do my upmost to take down all five. My previous tournament and S&G results are crappy but I have some confidence that I can get something out of this for you. Thanks for the vote of support and keep up and exceed the high level of play that you are at.

Cheers Man

TC

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 10:12 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
panic i would be interested in both

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 10:16 PM
(#15)
I prefer playing live, and I was on Full Tilt under the screenname Pockets175. Generally whenever I can find a live game I play that over playing online. Unfortunately during the past 8 months I've also been earning less money, so I haven't had anything to set aside as a bankroll for online poker. I've been on PokerStars under this screenname for awhile, I just haven't had any money to play since I completely disregarded bankroll management about a year ago and busted out.

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 10:27 PM
(#16)
At the moment I'm shipping all tickets applied for. Don't see much reason not to at the moment. Applications will remain OPEN until further notice.

Please let me know now roughly when you plan to play, and please post results from your tournaments in one post. If you're playing at multiple times, then please edit one post with the results and number of each tournament at its completion.

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 10:46 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
received, i will be playing them tommorow morning ish

thanks you!

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 11:06 PM
(#18)
Alright. Run good, all. Still waiting on topthecat and kidpoker to give me a rough estimate of when I can expect you guys to play.

Also, ticket applications are still open. I'll leave this for the night so that anyone who wants to qualify early for the Storm can apply and hopefully run.

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 11:11 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
ok so to be correct in case i dont see u in the morning, i play 5-1 dollar storm satellites? or do i play 5-1 dollar 1/4 mil satellites?

Old
Sat Mar 19, 2011, 11:19 PM
(#20)
I will be playing Monday and Tuesday; probably early doors CET or forum time if i get up while on holiday, if not late afternoon and early evening CET. i will post tournaments numbers on the thread as soon as i register.

TC

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com