Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

New MTT Course and promotion launched

Old
New MTT Course and promotion launched - Mon Mar 21, 2011, 10:37 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
(Administrator)
Hi everyone, we have just launched the new MTT Course. At the same time we are running a promotion this week called "Swarm the Storm".

We want to help send as many PSO members as possible to the PokerStars Sunday Storm this weekend on Sunday 27th March at 15.30 ET.

We have set up 5 exclusive PSO member satellites to the Sunday Storm where we have added 10 seats to each satellite. The buyin for the satellites is $1.10 PLUS the ticket that will be awarded when you pass the MTT Quiz.

We hope you take the time to look over all the lessons and then take and pass the quiz so that you will be eligible to participate in the "Swarm the Storm" satellites which can be found in the PokerStars client under the tourney and private tabs.

Good luck to everyone and let's see if we can help a PSO member take down the best $11 tournament ever offered online.

Good Luck
PSO STAFF

Last edited by PSO-Staff; Thu Apr 07, 2011 at 03:25 PM..

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 12:19 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Very nice quiz Staff. Especially loved the WSOP main event scenario.

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 12:45 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
I didn't see this addressed in the article, so I'll ask here.

Do players have the option to take the T$$, as they do in the PSO Monthly satellites?

I ask because my work schedule prevents me from playing most weekend tournaments. So I play the satellites for the cash. If unregistering from the Storm gives me cash, I'll find time today to take the quiz. Otherwise, I'll just take it whenever it's convenient for me.

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes on the T$$, would just like clarification.

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 12:49 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post

Do players have the option to take the T$$, as they do in the PSO Monthly satellites?

I ask because my work schedule prevents me from playing most weekend tournaments. So I play the satellites for the cash. If unregistering from the Storm gives me cash, I'll find time today to take the quiz. Otherwise, I'll just take it whenever it's convenient for me.

I was gonna ask the same.

Gonna do the quiz now, thanks staff

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 12:59 PM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuglia View Post

YES

Only time you can not take T$ is will say so on the upper right box of the Sat as some sats require you to play the next round but i would say 95%+ will allow T$ to be collected

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 01:06 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO2COO View Post
YES

Only time you can not take T$ is will say so on the upper right box of the Sat as some sats require you to play the next round but i would say 95%+ will allow T$ to be collected

TY for the reply kind sir

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 01:22 PM
(#7)
CAN'T WAIT!!!

I need to find a picture of Mr. Scott so I can input it every time I wish to say that.
Thank you Bart Scott for a great sound bite.

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 01:37 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOO2COO View Post
YES

Thanks, that's what I was thinking.

I do know that some sats give tickets instead of cash. Tickets are pretty much worthless for me in this case, so I wanted to be sure.

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 05:03 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-Staff View Post

We have set up 5 exclusive PSO member satellites to the Sunday Storm where we have added 10 seats to each satellite. The buyin for the satellites is $1.10 PLUS the ticket that will be awarded when you pass the MTT Quiz.

What? No freerolling into the game? No incentive for the test.

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 05:11 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
I love that there are PSO Skill League specific questions.

Holding monsters at the bubble in Skill League? foldfoldfoldfold

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 05:41 PM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrissinger View Post
I love that there are PSO Skill League specific questions.

Holding monsters at the bubble in Skill League? foldfoldfoldfold
i remember that question and it couldn't of been more wrong
you're holding AA with 145 players left (144 for ITM) and over 8k in chips so you should fold????????

everyone here knows that the odds of you being #145 here are slim to none for surely someone with a shorter stack is also going to be out on this hand

the correct answer was stall call stall push all but a few so you can stall some more

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 07:00 PM
(#12)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairn Destop View Post
What? No freerolling into the game? No incentive for the test.
I hope you're leveling.

Old
mtt quiz - Mon Mar 21, 2011, 07:12 PM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Passedthe quiz great stuff only thing is lost my job recently and bankroll is empty so need help for entry. Also does the home game ticket have to be used for a $5.50 tourney, I only have a small membership in my home games and we dont play very often so anyone who would like to invite me to theirs would be appreciated very much

Old
T$? - Sat Apr 02, 2011, 08:42 PM
(#14)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
what the hell is a T$?????

Last edited by gammin4fun; Sat Apr 02, 2011 at 08:45 PM..

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 08:56 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammin4fun View Post
T$ is what you end up with if you win a seat into a tourney and un-register from it. It can then be used to buy-in to any other tourneys. It shows up in the bottom left of the cashier window.

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 08:59 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gammin4fun View Post

T$ is what you get if you unregister from a tourney you won a seat into.
Example ....

paid $2.20 to a S&G 6 seats awarded you finish top 6 win seat to $11.00 tourney. UNREGISTER and you now have T$11.00 , which can only be used to enter tourneys.

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 09:00 PM
(#17)
The Stick is Quick

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 09:07 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brkn80 View Post
The Stick is Quick
That's what she said!

Ohhhh. Burned myself there. Oops. :/

Old
Mon Apr 04, 2011, 05:08 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
I have tried to take the mmt test and the screen froze and timed out.
this has happened 4 times.

Can you help me

Old
mtt quiz - Tue Apr 05, 2011, 10:29 PM
(#20)
i passed the mtt quiz (just) but didn't get sent anything, not even an email.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com