Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Tips for the Billionth Hand Promo

Old
Tips for the Billionth Hand Promo - Mon Mar 21, 2011, 01:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Hey all, Looking for tips on the billionth hand promo? Any advice? When is a good time to play? ie how many hands before each million should I try to come it at? Any ideas? -shark

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 01:21 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post
Hey all, Looking for tips on the billionth hand promo? Any advice? When is a good time to play? ie how many hands before each million should I try to come it at? Any ideas? -shark
how many tables are you comfortable playing?

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 01:24 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by broahes View Post
how many tables are you comfortable playing?
I can only play 2 at a time on my netbook.

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 01:40 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Just play as many tables as you can for as long as you can. Try to not change tables if possible. Sounds like the 60 billionth hand winner wins atleast 60K regardless of how many VPP's they have at the table. Every millionth hand the more VPP's you have at the table the more you win if you are dealt the millionth hand.

This is kind of like playing the lottery. If you play 20 tables at a time you increase your odds 20x, but even then that is what, like 20/40,000 (00.05%) hands played every thirty seconds to a minute lol.

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 01:51 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
I did not read the promotion yet, but in the past the amount won was based on earned FPP's. So I would suggest playing as long as you can as many tables as you can and like other posted stated stay on the same tables it's gonna be like hitting the daily number just luck.

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 02:22 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
SilverStar
When do they expect the first milestone hand to be dealt?

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 02:40 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
I find Tigersblood and Redbull help but you might need something more extreme.
Remember last time a lot of the hands where on 50NL and up,so chasing it will cost you more than
anything.

Go one lvl below what you usually play and play as many tables as you can.
Im just going to continue on like normal.

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 02:53 PM
(#8)
At what level where the most wins?
At around what time were the most wins?

Was there a list somewhere?

I love to put all the stats and odds in my favor

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 03:07 PM
(#9)
Since: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by II CoTe ll View Post
When do they expect the first milestone hand to be dealt?
PokerStars is on the Road to 100 Billion hands and we'll be celebrating every 10 billion with a milestone hands promotion! The first stop on the way is hand 60 Billion, which will be dealt before the month of March is over.

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/100-billion/

BULLS

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 03:09 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
The majority of hands being dealt every minute seem to be play money tables. I wonder what happens if the 60billionth hand is dealt on a play money table?!?!?!

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 03:13 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerguyAA View Post
The majority of hands being dealt every minute seem to be play money tables. I wonder what happens if the 60billionth hand is dealt on a play money table?!?!?!

Play money don't count.................read the rules

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 03:40 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
I know you can't win the promotion prizes on play money tables. My question is, does pokerstars count real money hands AND play money hands equally? 45,000 tables playing right now and even more hands being dealt every minute... are all those tables and hands real money??? Or are they counting play money tables/hands dealt?

The promotion rules don't really clarify that as far as I can tell.

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 03:46 PM
(#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerguyAA View Post

The promotion rules don't really clarify that as far as I can tell.

To cash in a milestone hand you need to be earning fpp's, so cash tables would be the only place where such hands are dealt.

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 03:53 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brkn80 View Post
To cash in a milestone hand you need to be earning fpp's, so cash tables would be the only place where such hands are dealt.
What he said

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 05:10 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
You guys didn't answer my question...

When Pokerstars says 60 billion hands have been dealt, are they saying 60 billion REAL MONEY hands have been dealt, or do they mean 60 billion hands of any kind have been dealt including mtt's sng's and play money?

^Please someone answer this^

Below is an attempt to clarify the same question when I tried to ask it in my last post. Don't worry about it until you answer the above question please!

...does pokerstars count real money hands AND play money hands equally?...
What I mean by this question is are they both counted in the hand history #. The hand history # counts how many hands have been dealt. If your hand was the 59 billionth hand dealt, your hand history number would be 59,000,000,000. Play money tables have hand histories, and they have hand history numbers. So my question is, does pokerstars count both real and play money hands and combine both of them together to get the total number of hands dealt at Pokerstars? And if so, what would happen if the 60 billionth hand was dealt on a play money table... nothing? No prize for anyone?

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 05:36 PM
(#16)
BronzeStar
Yes both.

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 05:54 PM
(#17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerguyaa View Post
^ what would happen if the 60 billionth hand was dealt on a play money table... Nothing?
it ain't gonna happen on a play money table.

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 06:21 PM
(#18)
Hope this answers your question

Every single hand played on PS (cash, tournaments and play money are counted)
ONLY cash tables will count towards the promotion
The 60 billionth hand will NEVER be played on play money nor tournament

If you have any other questions ask support, instead of us doing your asking

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 07:12 PM
(#19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post

PLAY THE #*&^ING CASH TABLES

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 07:52 PM
(#20)
aaa

Last edited by RedLetterman; Sat Nov 26, 2011 at 09:06 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com