Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

SCOOP Training!

Old
SCOOP Training! - Mon Mar 21, 2011, 02:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
The powers that be have asked me to put together some trainings specifically targeting the upcoming SCOOP events. The SCOOP (Spring Championship of Online Poker) will be in the middle of May, and satellites are running now. The goal of these trainings will be to help PSOers who wish to play in some of the SCOOP events increase their chances of winning seats, as well as be better prepared with a sound game plan to attack the target events in May.

What to expect: Much of the live training to date already covers specific skill sets and topics that will be useful in your quest to take down an online major like a SCOOP event. So we've already got that covered. These trainings will rather focus on what differs in SCOOP events from what you are normally accustomed to. A big focus will be on the structure of various events. The main events in May often tend to have a slower structure than your normal MTT, and that can lead to some strategy adjustments for attacking them. Likewise with the Satellites, there are many different offerings and structures available at many different buy in levels from bigger buy in Sats down to "cheap seat" sats and even FPP sats.

WE WILL GET STARTED THIS WEEK! The focus will be on Satellite play.

Wednesday night's session will be a re-running of my original course on Satellite Play, which focuses on how Satellites differ from regular MTT's in terms of strategic approach and how that should impact your decisions at various stages of the satty.

Thursday night's session will be a review and discussion on some of the various types of SCOOP specific satellite offerings that are available to try and win your seat to your favorite target event.

These trainings will probably be rerun in 2-3 weeks as the SCOOP draws nearer, and we will also add a review and discussion of the structures of the main events closer to May.

We would like nothing more than to see some PSOers on the big stage of a major tournament series like the SCOOP! I hope you can join us.

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited by TheLangolier; Mon Mar 21, 2011 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: I can't spell

Old
Scoop Traing - Mon Mar 21, 2011, 08:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Look forward to the sessions. This is another example of very helpful classes for people to improve their chances of competing successfully in the various games offered by Poker Stars. Thank you Dave.

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 09:08 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
I can use some help in my satelite play,especially hyper turbos.Would love to improve in that area.
WIll sign up right now.

***Edit*****

I guess I will wait till tommorow to sign up...lol

Old
Tue Mar 22, 2011, 03:02 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Sounds interesting to bad my connection is to slow to see your lessons

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 09:56 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Thank you Mr. Langolier. I won a seat in a scoop event today. Also, I noticed you will be having training on Sunday on using the HUD in Holdem Manager. I played in a .1/.25 deep ante .05 last night and this evening and my HUD does not work in this type of game, although my database is still collecting data. In Sunday's live training session, maybe you know why this is happening. Thanks again for all your great training! I'm so glad I found you and the PSO!

Last edited by tenstiks; Fri Mar 25, 2011 at 10:01 PM.. Reason: the correct ante

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 10:20 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenstiks View Post
I played in a .1/.25 deep ante .05 last night and this evening and my HUD does not work in this type of game, although my database is still collecting data. In Sunday's live training session, maybe you know why this is happening!
No idea. First I would make sure you have the latest update of HEM installed. Also another thing you can try in game is completely shut down HEM and restart it, then restart your auto import... when I have trouble with the HUD not displaying this works for me. Failing those, check on their forum. GL.

Congrats on your seat!!!

Last edited by TheLangolier; Fri Mar 25, 2011 at 10:25 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com