Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

New to school??

Old
New to school?? - Mon Mar 21, 2011, 04:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
Hey all. My name is Cassie. I am 29 *almost 30 ugh*. I live in North Dakota. Born and raised. I am married, coming up on 10 years WOW. I am a mother of 4 daughters (15,14,8 and 4). When my day isnt consumed with the family I really enjoy playing poker. I Started playing about 3 years ago in free leagues. I play with the family on holidays. I really enjoyed the free leagues so I started to doing cash tournaments which I do ok in. Not a big fan of cash tables. I run a free league in my home town. I also travel dealing poker for a poker company, which I love. I love all aspects of poker. I love to draw, I love meeting new people. I came upon the Poker school and found it awesome. Doing ok for only 3 tournaments so far. Recently started watching the Live training and finding that very helpful and find myself doing some of the mistakes as mentioned.

Old
??? - Mon Mar 21, 2011, 06:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Welcome Cassie and good luck- lots of good info around here- you just have to weed through alot of bullpuckie-- am sure dan dan the welcome wagon man will be along shortly to say hello and a few heads up---Monk--

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 06:26 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Welcome to PSO!
Very fun place to learn, chat, and just hang out. There is a ventrillo server we all get on and chat about poker too. If you are interested just pm me and I can get you the details! Hope you enjoy the PSO, I know I have.

Old
Thumbs up
Welcome!!! - Mon Mar 21, 2011, 09:14 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Welcome to the pso and the forum Cassie! As you see, there's a lot of friendly, knowledgeable, helpful players here so don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.
Have you checked out the tabs above? The league one explains the scoring and the leaderboard. Be sure to click on the red word links there to get more in depth info.
The community tab will give tips on how to get the most out of the pso and stay involved.
Be sure to work on acquiring 20 vpps every month so you can receive the biggest payouts in the pso.
There's a new promo now called swarm the storm. Pass the mtt quiz after looking through the course and you'll be eligible to participate in these 10 seat added satellite tournaments to the Sunday Storm.
I'll be sending you a pm this week, but like i said, if you have any questions, you can put 'em here in the forum as this group is more than helpful.
Best o' luck and take care.
Dan

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Mon Mar 21, 2011 at 09:20 PM.. Reason: 1 word...storm!!!

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 09:53 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Yes i have been roaming around for a couple days to get a feel for things. I think i got most of it down, except for what are VPPs?? and how do I take the MTT quiz I saw it there but have no clue how to take it!

Yes very friendly people here even in the PSO League trny ive came upon some friendly people. I am really enjoying myself because of the friendly people. As i mentioned i love new people and am always out to meet some good people!

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 10:00 PM
(#6)
Here is the link that explains vpps.
http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/earn/
To see how many vpps you have, click on cashier, then the tab on the right that says vip status.
You'll see your vpps in the top left corner for the month and year. The month counter resets to 0 every month so you need to get 20 every month.
Check out the blue link in the middle of that window for all the explanations on the vip club. (That is where the link I provided came from.)

On the mtt quiz..once you have it up, down at the bottom there is a start tab. Hit that and you're on your way..don't go too slow, it has a timer counting down.
Be sure to read through the mtt course before taking the quiz as the quiz has info on playing pso games too and is quite different from normal mtt play.

If you need more info, let us know and best o' luck!
Dan

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 10:29 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
So for the VPP points, I got to deposit right? Well I can deposit electronically nor threw a walmart card. I am getting fustrated with it too grrrr.

Old
Mon Mar 21, 2011, 10:42 PM
(#8)
No, you don't have to deposit. However, you do have to play in real money games. There are plenty of freerolls in which you can win money and then use that to earn your vpps. Many people are having trouble depositing these days in the US as the laws regulating online poker are becoming more stringent. If you do decide to deposit, I suggest you look over the sitngo promotion for first time depositors. Many people like myself have never deposited. The pso is a great way to earn some money, along with the freerolls, and get your bankroll started. Then you can take the winnings to earn your vpps the next month.

I also just noticed the community tab is no longer a part of the tabs up top. Basically, you want to stay involved in the forum and blogs. It really enhances the community when players do this.

Hope this helps.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com