Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

US Buy In

Old
US Buy In - Tue Mar 22, 2011, 10:31 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
I have been on Poker Stars for a long time and use to be able to put money on the site. Now it isbanned for us.. sooooooooooooo how can USA be able to compete for the 1500 bucks on Pokerschool if we cant fully qualify and money on the site is a requirement

Old
Tue Mar 22, 2011, 10:48 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieChip View Post
I have been on Poker Stars for a long time and use to be able to put money on the site. Now it isbanned for us.. sooooooooooooo how can USA be able to compete for the 1500 bucks on Pokerschool if we cant fully qualify and money on the site is a requirement
Win money in freerolls.

Take that money and earn 20 vpp's.

Become active.

Pretty simple, really.

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Tue Mar 22, 2011, 10:50 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
When did this come about? Just wondering because I used Western Union in february without a problem.

Rosie

Old
Tue Mar 22, 2011, 10:53 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faery Tats View Post
When did this come about? Just wondering because I used Western Union in february without a problem.

Rosie
Not only that, but I know many people who still make deposits through echecks. Seems to be a state by state thing from what people have said though.

Old
Tue Mar 22, 2011, 12:05 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Last time I checked there were several legal (well more like legal loophole) options for US players to deposit onto Pokerstars... If your having issues depositing just contact support, I'm sure they will be happy to help you send them money!

Old
Tue Mar 22, 2011, 12:17 PM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2010
Went through all this, that is why I am a whitestar for the month
My state declined echeck transfers in January, took me all of feb to get it straighten out(could of been quicker, but i was not in a hurry to send wu) then all of a sudden in March they accepted echecks from my state again, yay. Also it has already cleared my account, so no worries, of going -10.84 and a deposit not going through. Anyways it just seems wacky the way the deposits are working. I called my bank of many many years, told them exactly what I was doing, they said no worries, it's your money. They said they would never decline anything I authorize. Anyways that's just what they said.
Best of Luck in all.

Hunt2day

Old
Tue Mar 22, 2011, 04:24 PM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2010
Biggie, have you resolved your problem? Transfer by Echeck worked fine for me back in January.

Two possible solutions (assuming they are legal):

1. Have a friend on PS transfer funds to you. Then you send him or her a personal check.

2. Try opening a small checking account at an out-of-state bank or credit union. Then transfer funds to your PS account via Echeck from that institution.

Good luck and hope to see you at the tables.

Old
Tue Mar 22, 2011, 04:55 PM
(#8)
What I did was purchase a I.C.E. loadable Visa card from a check cashing place. This was suggested by the Poker Stars Deposit Team. To buy the card and load 40 bucks, it cost me 45 total. The money was instantly deposited to my account with no hassles. It does cost 3 dollars plus whatever more I want to put on the card in the future. You can go on-line and look for I.C.E cards and where your nearest location of where they sell them. Hope this helps and good luck on the tables.
Drywallman3

Old
Wed Mar 23, 2011, 01:20 AM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
A surefire way to be able to deposit would be to move to England.

Old
Wed Mar 23, 2011, 11:41 AM
(#10)
Since: Dec 2010
netteller is a option I looked into, seemed like a pretty good deal, was about to go that route, than all of a sudden echecks began to work for PS again. All this time that PS would not take echecks, my wife was loading money on ftp, and I loaded money on AP. If you go to pocket 5's forum, they have a permanent thread for site to site money transfers. If anyone has ftp money or AP money I will make money transfers.
Good Luck

Hunt2day

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com