Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

Fairly New!

Old
Fairly New! - Tue Mar 22, 2011, 03:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Hey everyone I am fairly knew at poker and I've been picking up things here and there as I've been playing and it would be awesome if I could meet some experienced players that would be willing to teach me a few things here and there.

Hopefully I hear back from people!

Old
Tue Mar 22, 2011, 03:40 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2007
Hi Bmurff, (is that an Irish name?)

Welcome. First i would suggest that you read all the material available on the site and go through all the courses. There is a lot of information to absorb and I think that is the first step.

There are then the live training sessions from Dave (the Langolier) but it would be good to have the basics before moving onto that.

Then there is the forum itself where some really good players are willing to share their time and expertise. You can also put up hands for analysis.

I see that you are doing not too bad in the league, keep practising there and on the play money tables. if you have the funds to deposit take the SNG quiz as well as all the others.

All that will get you going in the right direction and if you have any questions just post tehm and someone will always answer.

Thanks

TC

Old
Tue Mar 22, 2011, 04:32 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Hi and welcome to the pso and the forums.

I think there are plenty of people here willing to help newer players, and I'm sure plenty of them will be here soon enough to greet you as well. I am willing to help in any area of the game that you are a little weak on, but there is a lot more experience in here than myself.

I suggest like the first poster, reading all the material here.. as there is a lot to keep you busy for a while.. and post hands that you win or lose if you have questions on hhow you could have played it even better to either minimize loss or maximize profit. Good luck, and again, welcome.

Brooks

Old
Tue Mar 22, 2011, 04:51 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
Hello and welcome to the forum!
Like you see, there are a lot of friendly, helpful people here. There is also a group that meets on ventrilo and they are great at coaching one another. They quite often review hand histories together and you get a lot of feedback on how you play while reviewing.
The library, live training, videos, forums and blogs are full of info..so take your time going through everything that the pso has to offer.
If you wish to join some other new members in a home game this weekend, please see my thread in the new members forum called "New Members Homegame..answer questions live."
I will send you a pm w/ some more info in a couple days.
Never hesitate to ask questions in the forum, you'll get good help here.
Talk to ya' soon and best o' luck!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com