Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Combinatorics - Is there any hope for me

Old
Combinatorics - Is there any hope for me - Tue Mar 22, 2011, 09:21 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
WhiteStar
I just listened to the lesson on Combinatorics. I don't think I will ever "get" it. I understand what it is about but I will never conquer it in a way that I can use it in a game with cards, bets and chips flying. Does that mean that I will never be able to win a tournament?

Old
????/// - Tue Mar 22, 2011, 09:52 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
oh my- what have you stumbled on-- dont be too worried about not grasping that kind of math or level of thinking right off the start- you are in the right place- have a little fun and learn a bunch before you start into that world-- !!!!!!!!!

Old
Tue Mar 22, 2011, 11:59 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Yes, Iike I said at the end of the live training, combinatorics is NOT an easy topic. Don't feel down about not getting it the first time... this is a topic that can take a while to get your head around. It is something you can learn to work with in time, but again this is a tool for situational analysis away from the table, not an in game tool... the application to game situations comes in examining situations combinatorically post game, so when you're in similar situations in the future you have a better idea of them.

As for winning tournaments, I'm pretty sure a lot of people who have won a tournament have never even heard of combinatorics, so no it won't prevent you from winning a tournament.

Dave

Old
Wed Mar 23, 2011, 01:36 AM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2011
WhiteStar
Oh, that is good to hear. At my age things swiftly run through my brain. I can learn it and forget it all in the same night.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com