Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

KK cracked with KQ off suit WTF????

Old
KK cracked with KQ off suit WTF???? - Wed Mar 23, 2011, 10:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Crucial stage of the tournament right before the bubble and someone with a kq sacrfices all of there chips...unreal. I can't seem to get any in tournaments lately because of these gawd awful bad beats. It was apparently like 92 to 8%..wow right when I didn't need it lol.
*********** # 3 **************
PokerStars Game #59700738765: Tournament #368728402, $1.00+$0.10 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XI (150/300) - 2011/03/23 23:30:38 ET
Table '368728402 8' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: tommym55 (10704 in chips)
Seat 3: elkcreek1 (2723 in chips)
Seat 4: weapons2185 (10185 in chips)
Seat 5: offoneskin (14162 in chips)
Seat 6: orchapple (7030 in chips)
Seat 7: BonerDoner00 (4612 in chips)
Seat 8: JTL127 (14580 in chips)
Seat 9: Soldierblue7 (3383 in chips)
tommym55: posts the ante 40
elkcreek1: posts the ante 40
weapons2185: posts the ante 40
offoneskin: posts the ante 40
orchapple: posts the ante 40
BonerDoner00: posts the ante 40
JTL127: posts the ante 40
Soldierblue7: posts the ante 40
weapons2185: posts small blind 150
offoneskin: posts big blind 300
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Soldierblue7 [Kh Kc]
orchapple: folds
BonerDoner00: folds
JTL127: folds
Soldierblue7: raises 3043 to 3343 and is all-in
tommym55: folds
elkcreek1: calls 2683 and is all-in
weapons2185: folds
offoneskin: folds
Uncalled bet (660) returned to Soldierblue7
*** FLOP *** [Jh Th 9s]
*** TURN *** [Jh Th 9s] [5h]
*** RIVER *** [Jh Th 9s 5h] [3d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Soldierblue7: shows [Kh Kc] (a pair of Kings)
elkcreek1: shows [Qh Kd] (a straight, Nine to King)
elkcreek1 collected 6136 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6136 | Rake 0
Board [Jh Th 9s 5h 3d]
Seat 1: tommym55 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: elkcreek1 (button) showed [Qh Kd] and won (6136) with a straight, Nine to King
Seat 4: weapons2185 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: offoneskin (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: orchapple folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: BonerDoner00 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: JTL127 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Soldierblue7 showed [Kh Kc] and lost with a pair of Kings

I wouldn't have played it any differently, honestly. Pretty frustrating though. I felt the need to vent this one out. Playing for two hours in a tournament only to be out just before the money on a bad beat. The swings in no limit holdem might be too much for me to handle....

I may just stick with cash games to build my roll.

Old
Wed Mar 23, 2011, 10:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
I feel your pain...

Whatever you do though, don't play KK scared next time. Just try and erase this crap from your memory.

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 07:53 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
at least the dealer made it "fun"...flush draw and a Q for a chop

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 09:54 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchup143 View Post
at least the dealer made it "fun"...flush draw and a Q for a chop
lol

This was an unfortunate situation for you, but it also was a common one. I have no clue how you were playing up until that point if you were playing super Lag or what, but either way, I think he made a very loose call. Although he had less that 10 big blinds, looked down at two broadway cards and called. They play wasn't to horrible, but I would rather be shoving in that spot than calling my chips off.

These things happen in MTTs bro, that is just something you are going to have to get used to. If you can't handle running that deep and getting donked out then maybe you should stick to cash games. Nothing wrong with that either. I can't count how many times I have ran deep and told myself this is going to be it, my big pay off this will be it! Then get my QQ cracked by A3o with a wheel draw or something.

Last edited by o0o0AcEo0o0; Thu Mar 24, 2011 at 09:58 AM..

Old
Pokerstars Dirty Secret /PSO Donk Hands - Sun Apr 24, 2011, 11:06 AM
(#5)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
First, the non-random poker shuffle will actually change cards to match the hands seeing the flop......it can only explain the multitude of stupid hands hitting (not referring to this hand.)

PSO Morons ...for those who believe KQ is a premium holding ...>>> KQ suited is a dog/ behind /loses more than it will win vs. A-2 off .Thus before you clowns get a big woody when U see KQs as your hand and can't wait to call raises with it ....better give your heads a shake.

KQ and J10 are the two hands I call the PSO donk hands ....they are the most overplayed/ calling raises hands in the pso......in fact if you all ever wondered how some people are in the Top 50 and you are in 5000-14000 th place ...its playing these type's of hands after raises.....

PS ( A-2 off is a crap hand.)

Old
Sun Apr 24, 2011, 03:17 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGBShooter View Post
First, the non-random poker shuffle will actually change cards to match the hands seeing the flop......it can only explain the multitude of stupid hands hitting (not referring to this hand.)
Care to show us your proof?

Quote:
PSO Morons ...for those who believe KQ is a premium holding ...>>> KQ suited is a dog/ behind /loses more than it will win vs. A-2 off .Thus before you clowns get a big woody when U see KQs as your hand and can't wait to call raises with it ....better give your heads a shake.

KQ and J10 are the two hands I call the PSO donk hands ....they are the most overplayed/ calling raises hands in the pso......in fact if you all ever wondered how some people are in the Top 50 and you are in 5000-14000 th place ...its playing these type's of hands after raises.....

PS ( A-2 off is a crap hand.)
I shouldn't waste my time with you... But here it goes.

KQ is actually a pretty strong holding (Group 2 I believe?). Obviously, you're not going to play it the same way every time you're dealt it.

It's pretty obvious that you haven't moved past "I have X hand, he has Y hand, so I should win because Y is a donkey hand.". There's much more to poker than your starting hands. Seeing how this is a school, it might be time to do some homework.

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited by ssuglia; Sun Apr 24, 2011 at 03:22 PM..

Old
Sun Apr 24, 2011, 04:29 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
Likely elkcreek was trying to make something happen for himself as he had less than 10 BB left and he probably doesn't care too much about min cashing and saw this hand as an opportunity to try and chip up. I have shoved such hands when short stacked as well. Especially if I had a long string of crap hands like 8-3, 7-2 etc.

Old
Wed Apr 27, 2011, 12:55 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Oh my.

First off, I once had AA all in pre-flop against A7o in a heads-up match. I was drawing to one out after the flop. It happens. And you need to learn how to deal with it happening instead of blaming the system. (That last bit isn't aimed at the original poster.)

Second off, KQ is not a bad hand. Even after a raise. If there was a raise and then a 3-bet, I would definitely be folding. All in in front of me, I'd most likely fold (unless I'm the big stack and the shovester has a really small stack, pot odds and all that).

Third, JT. Not the best hand, but playable in position. There are plenty of worse hands out there.

Calling someone a donk just because they play these hands is completely unwarranted. I was called a donk once because I raised with 87s or 76s or something along those lines, when I had good position and no one had entered the pot yet and proceeded to double up through someone who called my bet out of the blinds with with 44 or something. You need to cool the temper and roll witht he punches. I'll admit, I have the occasional outburst, but I'm making an effort to work on that.

If you want to play the aces and kings form of hold 'em, go right on ahead. You won't be winning anything anytime soon, because people will pick up on it surpringly fast.

Old
Cool
4 of kind betted by bigger 4of kind - Mon May 09, 2011, 12:11 AM
(#9)
Since: Apr 2011
I have had a four of a kind betted by higher one a few times, this was my last, time it happened

I had pair of pocket 44 and 44K came out on Flop, so i though id slow play and checked, he then raised half of pot so i called then Q on Turn, he went all in having KKK, i called All In to as having 4444, then K was flopped on River,
beepin shirt happens lol

Old
Tue May 10, 2011, 08:03 PM
(#10)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Take it on the chin mate. It's happened to us all but if you can keep them calling with KQ in that spot, it's got to be good for your bankroll.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com