Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

A Real Stake, A Real Tourney

Old
A Real Stake, A Real Tourney - Thu Mar 24, 2011, 02:48 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
aaa

Last edited by RedLetterman; Sat Nov 26, 2011 at 08:56 PM..

Old
Great idea - Thu Mar 24, 2011, 08:21 AM
(#2)
ChromeStar
Been wondering why no one has done this, I for one would be interested, tried my first two bigger buy in tourns the 40k and 20k and cashed in both, bankroll is building nicely but still not enough to enter the million comfortably but sharing is good. There are a number of players who could make a run, JT, Cheon, Hobo,Dirty, Sand, and many more, I certainly would love to play.

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 10:13 AM
(#3)
I was thinking of doing it for the SCOOP
Been playing some satellites and cashing T$
I've accumulated close to $600 and will be doing so until end of April
Then I will decide which tournament to play

I was going to offer, sell or ask for stakes for the games I would register to
I would put in 50% and the rest would be open to anybody willing to stake

But, don't know if I would be aloud to do so
I would do it like this existing staking site:
** Link to competing site deleted **

So maybe the mods or staff could let me know

Last edited by TrumpinJoe; Thu Mar 24, 2011 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: Unallowed link

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 10:14 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
I am definitely interested in this. Want me to shoot a PM?

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 11:28 AM
(#5)
aaa

Last edited by RedLetterman; Sat Nov 26, 2011 at 08:56 PM..

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 11:46 AM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2010
Interested in backing

Old
For your consideration... - Thu Mar 24, 2011, 12:05 PM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Would greatly appreciate any considerations,stkng....especially in this coming SS,I'm having moderate success,and have managed to keep my self afloat,for the better part of a mos and a half...having been stkd for a cpl dollars last mos.by 1stmate.....am qualified and look to get at least $15 or so from the league...and am qualified for next...Putting my last $1.10 out of a $1.12 in tonight's SwarmTS,but would like to get in that $1.10 ACP..I've been in all so far and am just outside the ldr brd for the US....WAIT A MIN...just checked and I am F'ing 4th BABY...C'mon Y'all gimmie some help here....i'm puttin the $1.10 in the ACP...wish me luck...thx....and if Anyone would stake me for the Swarm,I'd greatly appreciate it...I made it thru the 1st one,but piut those tourn $s into last nights ACP powerplay,which I guess paid off better than I thought...

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 12:11 PM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
I am also interested in backing.

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 12:37 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
I am interested in playing and maybe backing on a small scale (1% to 2% of my bankroll) if I can get my $77 bankroll up over $100.

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 02:15 PM
(#10)
aaa

Last edited by RedLetterman; Sat Nov 26, 2011 at 08:58 PM..

Old
Sunday storm - Thu Mar 24, 2011, 02:23 PM
(#11)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
I would love to play the sunday storm if anyone is willing to back me. I will pay back buy in plus 25 %. If I can get in and cash.

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 02:27 PM
(#12)
aaa

Last edited by RedLetterman; Sat Nov 26, 2011 at 08:57 PM..

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 03:11 PM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
I would do it like this existing staking site:
** Link to competing site deleted **
Sandtrap,

I signed up at chipmeup. If it is not too late I could try to specify you as a referrer. If you want to pursue this any further, PM me (I tried to PM you, but did not seem to be able to).

Last edited by TrumpinJoe; Thu Mar 24, 2011 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: Unallowed link

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 03:15 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
Almost like we need a sub section for people that have been here 6 months or more.
Would really go a long way in cutting the fat,so to speak.
I know 2p2 has a rule that you must be in the forum contributing for 6 months before you are allowed
to enter the marketplace.

Thank you Redletterman for the endorsement I have a tendency to want to min-cash when backed
and Im not sure if I have shaken that monkey.The way I have been running this week would scare me from taking up that offer.I like Sandtraps chances better to be honest.

Old
Hey,now - Thu Mar 24, 2011, 03:34 PM
(#15)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyrubberz View Post
Almost like we need a sub section for people that have been here 6 months or more.
Would really go a long way in cutting the fat,so to speak.
I know 2p2 has a rule that you must be in the forum contributing for 6 months before you are allowed
to enter the marketplace.

Thank you Redletterman for the endorsement I have a tendency to want to min-cash when backed
and Im not sure if I have shaken that monkey.The way I have been running this week would scare me from taking up that offer.I like Sandtraps chances better to be honest.
I'm not that fat...especially by Louisiana standards.....lol....I have been at ps for more the 6mos,but just found this pso last mos...and am happy to be here...

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 03:53 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesse52 View Post
Sandtrap,
I signed up at chipmeup. If it is not too late I could try to specify you as a referrer. If you want to pursue this any further, PM me (I tried to PM you, but did not seem to be able to).
I often go to the site, just to look around and see what people do. What are the stakes, what percentage, what are the results of some of the players, etc. Haven't registered and don't know if I would for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyrubberz View Post
Almost like we need a sub section for people that have been here 6 months or more. Would really go a long way in cutting the fat,so to speak. I know 2p2 has a rule that you must be in the forum contributing for 6 months before you are allowed to enter the marketplace.

Thank you Redletterman for the endorsement I have a tendency to want to min-cash when backed and Im not sure if I have shaken that monkey.The way I have been running this week would scare me from taking up that offer.I like Sandtraps chances better to be honest.
Yes we do need a section for this.
Hey Dirty, first thanks for your support...lol. I play a bit the same way, as I want to cash, once in the cash, I than open up to try for more.

I think that anyone willing to play with other peoples money, should at least be willing to invest a minimum of 50%. So if I'm to offer stakes in a $215, I should invest from my own money, $107.50 and then offer 50 shares of $2.15, which would total 100 shares. Then the amount won will be divided in 100 shares. If the 50 shares hasn't been reached, then the player should be ready to assume the rest.

Just my 2 cents!!

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 04:20 PM
(#17)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
I often go to the site, just to look around and see what people do. What are the stakes, what percentage, what are the results of some of the players, etc. Haven't registered and don't know if I would for now.

Yes we do need a section for this.
Hey Dirty, first thanks for your support...lol. I play a bit the same way, as I want to cash, once in the cash, I than open up to try for more.

I think that anyone willing to play with other peoples money, should at least be willing to invest a minimum of 50%. So if I'm to offer stakes in a $215, I should invest from my own money, $107.50 and then offer 50 shares of $2.15, which would total 100 shares. Then the amount won will be divided in 100 shares. If the 50 shares hasn't been reached, then the player should be ready to assume the rest.

Just my 2 cents!!
if you do that sand I will toss a few bucks your way

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 04:21 PM
(#18)
Deleted user
What I meant by that is the trust aspect.
I feel more comfortable with people I know,not a slag on new members just trust is earned and relationships are built over time.

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 04:26 PM
(#19)
aaa

Last edited by RedLetterman; Sat Nov 26, 2011 at 08:57 PM..

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 04:57 PM
(#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLetterman View Post
Also, a 2.50 stake is not what I had in mind. If it went that way I'd buy 10 shares myself. Was thinking if this were a monthly thing there are enough folk here who could pony up 10, 20 or even 50.
In any staking sites, you'll see that any number of shares can be bought. First come, first serve, if there's no more shares after 10 minutes, well to bad...lol I've seen people buy up the entire lot of shares, leaving nothing for the others..lol

I've been playing $3.40 18 man regular to see how i do in the Battle of the Planets
I'm satisfied with the financial results, but not for the battle..lol,
20 games, In the money 7 times (35% ITM) for a profit of $31.90 (46,9% return) but just 288 points. I'll be playing another 20 games (just to see if it wasn't just luck....lol) and might try a staking opportunity to test the waters and if it works, than will look at bigger stakes.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com