Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

Value in Langolier's effort

Old
Thumbs up
Value in Langolier's effort - Thu Mar 24, 2011, 03:24 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
All

I wanted to commend Langolier for the quality and value delivered in his efforts. This, I think, extends beyond the live training. He has many good lessons / articles for reading here.

I subscribed to Card Runners for almost 2 years. Lots of good stuff there, too expensive for the part that really applied to me, and where I was. I have never saw anyone dare to video the 1-2 cent NL tables at CR. Thanks for visiting the assylum Langolier.

Thanks again. I lost my poker buddy about 3 years ago and miss talking about our game and sweating each other. Has anyone here done this, or do it?

Stealing my own post.

Scruff

Last edited by notscruffy1; Thu Mar 24, 2011 at 03:27 PM..

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 04:30 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Thing that bugs me about these training sites is they have a turn over of good coaches and delete the
videos of those members.Or you are left trying to figure out what to watch and some times you are left wondering what the coach is thinking putting out garbage viideos.
A lot of the videos are also out of date.
Dragthebar,Deucescracked,cardrunners and a few others I have tired are useless to micro players.Good for the fundamentals but no strategy play.
They have lost touch of the play for these limits because they play so much higher.
Best option is to find some one one lvl ahead of you and feed off them.

TheLangolier is a great coach and I think people are missing great value by skipping his training sessions.

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 05:58 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
Due to time constraints, I have only been able to attend 2 of these.
I found both to be very informative.

The Langolier is a skilled teacher who explains everything clearly, encourages questions, and keeps the flow going without letting the chat get too far offtrack.

I look forward to attending any of these I can in the future.

Nice job, Mr. Langolier sir!

Old
Thu Mar 24, 2011, 05:59 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Daves dreamy, and a fine teacher too

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 08:20 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Thank you for the kind words and high praise.

I watch vids at other sites too and share some of the sentiment expressed here by the OP and dirty. I have no idea why they don't provide more micro material. The majority of my online NLHE experience is between 50nl and 400nl. I've occasionally played lower and higher but not for any significant volume, and I've never played 2nl - 10nl except for trainings. Why for the trainings? A lot of the membership is cutting their teeth in these games, or will be when they move to real money cash games, so that's the level most relevant for people in this category. And, it can be fun visiting the asylum once in a while too I guess.

Dave

Old
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 03:43 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2008
BronzeStar
I have listened to his trainings and found it very informative as well, I have actually learned lots of things. He doesnt only talk about the topic he also answers other questions as well. I also like to thank you Lango.

Old
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 03:52 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
tyty!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com