Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Milestone Hands

Old
Milestone Hands - Thu Mar 24, 2011, 11:53 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Milestone Hands are only dealt at Cash game tables. PS is dealing approximately 3 million hands an hour. I assume that the tournament hands are include in the calculation of hands played. Also tournament hands are on the same numbering system as cash table hand numbers.

Also I assume that in fairness the hand numbers are assigned automatically without preference to the next game starting in a chronological order in ensure no ethical violations take place with the assigning of hand numbers.

Then why does the milestone hand never hit the tournament table. You would think that if its truly automated that one of those numbers would have to fall on a tournament table. Now I can see that every milestone hand was exact hand number ending in all zeros.

The odds of one of those numbers never hitting a tournament table are astronomical. I'm sure that it is an impossibility that over thousands of milestone hands that without some sort of manipulation that that never occurs.

Then my question is? If there is some sort of system or filter, how can we be absolutely sure that It is truly fair and that no collusion is going to happen as to which tables (i.e. which people are selected) are chosen to receive the milestone hand?

Last edited by EA2USN; Fri Mar 25, 2011 at 07:40 AM..

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 07:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
i pointed this out a couple of days ago
didn't want to support theorist of the site being rigged
but i would like to say that it is all tables on the counter that is at the top left
cash ring and tournament and play ring and tournament and this also includes home games that don't win
so to see that the millionth hand doesn't land on cash tourney tables, no play chip tables both ring and tourney and no home game tables whatsoever one is only left with the conclusion that there is a selection process to influence the millionth hand onto a pokerstars cash ring table only

this does not mean that i advocate any preposterous theories of the site being rigged

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 08:09 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Most likely there is code in the hand # assignment routine that says if the next hand # is a milestone hand, then assign it to the next cash table hand that needs a new hand #.

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 08:34 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker41673 View Post
i pointed this out a couple of days ago
didn't want to support theorist of the site being rigged
but i would like to say that it is all tables on the counter that is at the top left
cash ring and tournament and play ring and tournament and this also includes home games that don't win
so to see that the millionth hand doesn't land on cash tourney tables, no play chip tables both ring and tourney and no home game tables whatsoever one is only left with the conclusion that there is a selection process to influence the millionth hand onto a pokerstars cash ring table only

this does not mean that i advocate any preposterous theories of the site being rigged
Yea, I didnt consider play tables and home games. Thanks for makeing that point.
I dont beleive that their is anything unethical going on just thought it was interesting to think about.

like Ironclad stats probably some code in the assignemt that wont allow milestone hands to be assigned to those tables and fall on the next cash hand being dealt.

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 09:12 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
When they had the 40 million milestone, I noticed the same thing. The big hand always hit the cash tables. After reading the rules and promotion material, I fired off an e-mail. Their response was educational, to say the least.

According to PokerStars response: We (PokerStars) game the results of the milestone hands so only the cash ring games can win. If a play cash hand, or a tournament hand is suppose to be the milestone hand, that game is paused long enough that a cash ring game will be selected.

Interesting fact: I must not have been the only person groussing. When it came time for the 50 million hand promotion, the material was reworded to indicate that only cash ring games are eligible for the prize. I would suggest rereading the material related to the promotion. I'm guessing there is some wording regarding them "gaming" the selection processs. People should have noticed PokerStars did say in their e-mail to me that they "reserve the right to manipulate any promotional outcome if it is to the benefit of PokerStars." Now I wish I saved that e-mail.

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 09:26 AM
(#6)
Good stuff Ol' Hedgehog.

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 10:01 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Interesting Cairn

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 10:19 AM
(#8)
Since: Apr 2010
Sent an e-mail to support@pokerstars and got this back

Hello John,

Thank you for contacting PokerStars with your question.

Milestone hands are not dealt in tournament games for a very important reason - to maintain the integrity of the tournament itself. If a milestone hand was to occur at a tournament table, the added value of winning that one hand would be so big that every player at that table would have no incentive to fold. The entirety of the event would be affected by that one external influence. For that reason, milestone hands will only be dealt in cash ring games.

When we run milestone hands promotions such as this one, our server recognises when the milestone hand is about to hit, and momentarily pauses tournaments and play money games so that the key hand is dealt at a real money ring game table. The pause is so short that player would not be able to notice it, so it doesn't affect their game play at all.

Other than this, we don't get involved in the selection of the lucky table at all. The server simply deals hand numbers sequentially to ring game tables until the milestone hand is dealt, then continues with all tables as normal. All real money ring game tables are eligible, and none are favored in any way.

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 02:24 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
cool thanks Murdock

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 02:58 PM
(#10)
Good info also Murdoch!!

Also..anyone see the one about 30 mins ago w/ two sitters and the guy who slow played KK in the hand...dimsum something was ticked that he slow played his KK by limping UTG....dimsum shoved 69....snap call..sitters thought they'd get paid too...too funny.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com