Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

hmmmm

Old
hmmmm - Fri Mar 25, 2011, 01:44 PM
(#1)
Astro705
(Odelay)
Since: Jun 2010
at a table and opponent has a star in the top center of their avitar - it is not a vip status star - they are showing at the bottom right - and it is definitiely part of the poker stars ring and not part of their avitar - any ideas what it is?

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 03:29 PM
(#2)
Just conjecture but I think it might indicate when PS is scanning that individuals computer to check for prohibited tools/software.

This is from the 3rd party tools and services FAQ.

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/

• What steps are you going to take to prevent players from using prohibited tools and services?
  • We are going to look to see if any of those tools or services is running on a player's computer. If we find one of the prohibited tools or services, we will alert the player that they are running a prohibited tools or service and tell them what it is. We will ask that they stop running the tool or service immediately. If they comply, fine. If not, then we will prevent the PokerStars client from running on their computer.

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 03:43 PM
(#3)
I had a star like this when I was played on the PokerStars.net software, every now and then it reappears - but only when I'm playing in play chip sit n goes. Sometimes when my other star was showing as well. So I'm not sure why it comes on.

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 03:45 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
I'm inclined to think you were playing in a FREEROLL and the star at the top of an avatar signifies the dot net client i believe.

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 03:47 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brkn80 View Post
I'm inclined to think you were playing in a FREEROLL and the star at the top of an avatar signifies the dot net client i believe.
I've seen it on my avatar and I only have the .com client.

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 03:59 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokyPokyToo View Post
I had a star like this when I was played on the PokerStars.net software, every now and then it reappears - but only when I'm playing in play chip sit n goes. Sometimes when my other star was showing as well. So I'm not sure why it comes on.
same with me only with play chips. i won a tourney on dot net and got the star it meant i won a tourney but that was like 10 months ago

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 07:26 PM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by brkn80 View Post
I'm pretty sure this is the right answer

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 08:48 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Yes...white star at top is dot net... play money only. Sometimes PS screws up and it is on a lot of players for some reason.

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 08:54 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
it means that they have won $$ in their account, but only playing on the .net client, not .com

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com