Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Thanks PSO and esp. Langolier

Old
Thanks PSO and esp. Langolier - Fri Mar 25, 2011, 04:38 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Just wanted to say thx to Pokerstars PSO and to Dave, while giving some encouragement to new players.
I really started getting into the nuts and bolts of hold em about 2 months ago, and am definetly a much more solid player mostly because of advice from the PSO (quiz) classes, the skill level tourneys and especially the video/live training classes from Dave.
I made my first real money deposit (apparently the pso promos work he he) yeasterday cause i wanted to pay in the sunday storm and hanvt won satellite. another month of solid training / practice would have been my preferance. but oh well.
i did manage to make it itm in a $11 tourney w/ about 800 or so players.
i placed 2nd in a $3 tourney about 45 players and won $30.
im still making tons of mistakes, but the difference between me and many of my opponents i think is i realize what im doing wrong, mostly due to some foementioned forums. now just to stop doing that!
Also wanna give a shout out to "panickypoker" who seems to be the most poker-technical and knowlegable member for someone who claims to be a relative newbie(like me). someone i admire for being very serious and studious about this "game.' Question, are you getting most of your tech. insight from hud or replayer, etc. or have you also read some good books. if books, do u recommend one?
anyway cheers and gl to u all and hope to see u on the final table sunday (just be short stacked against me if poss. lol)
johann.

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 06:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
great post, cheers

Old
Fri Mar 25, 2011, 06:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
ditto to eff.. great to hear!

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 07:37 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Good words johannfl
I'll be playing the Sunday Storm, got my entry via a 10 FPP qualifier ( 40,000 entries). I can give all the credit to PSO structure, resoruces, and members. I noticed you and your work for Panciky. GL, hope to run you over,,,i mean run into you Sunday....>Dem

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 11:49 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by johannfl
Question, are you getting most of your tech. insight from hud or replayer, etc. or have you also read some good books. if books, do u recommend one?
Hey johann! Thanks for the kind words.

I actually get no insight from a HUD at the moment. My computer doesn't have the RAM to support one. So I'm working on getting a new computer.

There are a number of ways I get my info. Live Training with TheLangolier, the Hand Analysis forum (I've been posting there for about seven months now), and I read any good resource I can get my hands on. I haven't read many books yet, but I hope to soon. Mostly, I think just surrounding myself with people to talk to has helped me a great deal. Without everyone here on the PSO forums, poker wouldn't be all that interesting, and I probably would have lost my way a long time ago. I've heard it said that surrounding yourself with players who are better than you is one of the best ways to improve your game, and that hasn't been a problem for me (since I only started playing recently).

Good luck to you! And if you come across any great new learning resources, I'd love to hear about them.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com