Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Kill Phil, Kill Everyone

Old
Kill Phil, Kill Everyone - Fri Mar 25, 2011, 06:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
Was just wondering if anyone has read these two books? I have just finished. I however believe the overall reference is to basically be a donk. I personally do not care what style anyone plays, nor have I ever called someone a donk etc. Whatever style works for a person, I have no problems with it. My question is, if you have read either of these books, especially Kill Phil, what is your take on the teachings of the book? I am currently reading Sit'n Go Strategy by Collin Moshman, have not read enough to determine anything from it, as currently I am 8/15 in the 50/50 arena, which should be better, but have tried a cpl diff new approaches to the game, which always throws me off when trying to learn a new playing style.
If anyone has any good tourney or sit' n go books they have read, would love to get some feedback. I have read the super system books, but have not yet read any of the books by Harrington on Hold'em, which will probably be the next book I read. Also has anyone read the book "Online Poker" by Doyle Brunson? Also one last thing in my novel, has anyone read " How to beat Sit' n go Poker Tournaments " by Niel Timothy?
Any advice or comments welcome, if anyone is debating the Kill series, and would likie some of the key points of the book, PM and I will give you the best points I took away from the books.
Thanks and GL to all, see ya next month in the PSO, since I am now a "qualified" player oposed to a good ol' Whitestar.

Hunt2day

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 12:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I have been meaning to read the Kill Phil series, I think they are a little more ICM based then the other books, so what seems donk like are really pushing your +ev spots to gain more chips.. also I have heard the moshman book is great although possibly a little dated for todays ultra aggressive game

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com