Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Old Hand Analysis Section /

OK I tride to adust a little and play these next hands for value

Old
OK I tride to adust a little and play these next hands for value - Fri Mar 25, 2011, 09:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
At least I think thats what I was trying to do, lol.

$5+.30 No Limit Hold em (fifty,50 new!)

Early in the tourney and didn't have any real read on any of these players but having just read the critique on my J,J thread from yesterday I decided to bet these a little different.
With K,K I re raised every bet till the river where I hoped I could squeeze him a little bit more. Over all this hand is a nice win.

A few hands later I get 10,10 and try a similar strategy since it was very successful the first time. So happens it's the same player. When the river turn hits I am first to act. I am afraid that if I check the hand and he bets with air I will have to decide weather to fold the 10,10 vs a possible set so I bet enough to run him off the pot or take him out. Of course he turns over a the nine to take down the pot. Should I have checked the turn and laid down the pocket pair if he bets, bet less to take his temperature with how he reacts to the bet, or did I make the right move?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com