Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Hot Then Not

Old
Hot Then Not - Sat Mar 26, 2011, 05:16 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Why does it seem like some days I can't lose and other days I can't win? I'll hit tons of pocket AA, KK etc one day and make sets, flushes, straights and the next day I only get small pocket pairs that never make sets, and flushes and straights never materialize.

Seems to break the laws of probability.

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 05:55 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienOvrlord View Post
Why does it seem like some days I can't lose and other days I can't win? I'll hit tons of pocket AA, KK etc one day and make sets, flushes, straights and the next day I only get small pocket pairs that never make sets, and flushes and straights never materialize.

Seems to break the laws of probability.
Nope,sounds just about right to me.....sorry to not offer some hope..for a better explanation.Kinda like flipping a coin....might come heads all day,maybe the whole frickin week...but track it over enough time....and.......yep,that's poker!.....What I think you're actually experiencing,is a combination of things.1 when we're hitting,on a rush,etc.,there's a tremendous amount of endorphines released,much like,the effect any # of exciting exp...might have on a human brain......this makes these exp's stick/stand-out.....2.Patience,is very difficult to endure,and everyone is where they are with that,and somedays it doesn't matter how patient you are,cards just don't come.....again...That's Poker!...As an admittedly(but always shifting gears)somewhat aggressive player...playing this league has been an adjustment,to say the least,and I have a good bit more to learn...TIMING is EVERYTHING!!!...Make the most of the Best(cards),and Grind,Grind ,Grind...till they come back....GL...

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 06:04 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
You know its funny that you brought that up. I just finished playing my 2nd day w/ real money. This last tourney I played I really played my best, but couldn't catch crap for cards. The rare occasion I did get something (once an AA) I did milk it well, and thats the whole tourney, like 2 or 3 decent hands that I played well. But I kid u not, if i showed u my last 60 hands u wouldnt believe it. nothing above a 9! i mean nonstop 27, 35, 34, 59, 48 on and on and on and then the jacks....j2, j3, j4, j5 j6, goooooooooooooooood! and there was no chance of stealing from this table, people were calling pushes all day long. and when showdown came and i saw others cards....aces and kings and paired 10's all over the damn place.
yeah whats up w/ that. what happened to the law of averages? its like flipping a quarter and it keeps landing on tails 50x in a row u know! god i almolst threw my laptop out the window! so yeah i know where ur coming from.

On a lighter note, I did ok in these tourneys just wanted to do better, especially the last one. there was $1,600 on the line and couldnt even get a ace rag dealt to me. practicing for sunday and here are some results from tonight.
Sat, March 26, 2011 6:21:42 AMResults for PokerStars Tournament 41301015

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PokerStars Tournament #413010156, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00 USD
920 players
Total Prize Pool: $9200.00 USD
Tournament started 2011/03/26 3:00:00 ET

Dear johannfl,

You finished the tournament in 80th place. A USD 17.48 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 68.19 tournament leader points in this tournament. For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tour.../leader-board/

Congratulations!

Thank you for participating.

Sat, March 26, 2011 5:41:59 AMResults for PokerStars Tournament 378969172
From: PokerStars Support <support@pokerstars.com>Add to Contacts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PokerStars Tournament #378969172, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $2.00/$0.20 USD
180 players
Total Prize Pool: $360.00 USD
Tournament started 2011/03/26 4:19:04 ET

Dear johannfl,

You finished the tournament in 9th place. A USD 6.12 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 60.47 tournament leader points in this tournament. For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tour.../leader-board/

Congratulations!

Sat, March 26, 2011 3:50:16 AMResults for PokerStars Tournament 378960639

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PokerStars Tournament #378960639, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $1.50/$0.25 USD
9 players
Total Prize Pool: $13.50 USD
Tournament started 2011/03/26 3:08:34 ET

Dear johannfl,

You finished the tournament in 1st place. A USD 6.75 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 45 Sit & Go Leader Board Points for the Mercury Division in this tournament. For more information about our Sit & Go Leader Boards, see our website at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/battle/

Congratulations!

Sat, March 26, 2011 2:23:00 AMResults for PokerStars Tournament 378949018
From: PokerStars Support <support@pokerstars.com>Add to Contac

PokerStars Tournament #378949018, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $6.00/$0.50 USD
9 players
Total Prize Pool: $54.00 USD
Tournament started 2011/03/26 1:40:47 ET

Dear johannfl,

You finished the tournament in 3rd place. A USD 10.80 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 18 Sit & Go Leader Board Points for the Venus Division in this tournament. For more information about our Sit & Go Leader Boards, see our website at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/promotions/battle/

Congratulations!

Thank you for participating

Sat, March 26, 2011 1:30:27 AMResults for PokerStars Tournament 368288744

PokerStars Tournament #368288744, No Limit Hold'em
Freeroll
1269 players
$10.00 USD added to the prize pool by PokerStars
Total Prize Pool: $10.00 USD
Tournament started 2011/03/25 22:00:00 ET

Dear johannfl,

You finished the tournament in 18th place. A USD 0.05 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations!

Anyway Im all pokered out for a while. if the cards sway my way hope its the next time i play , on sunday 15:30.

cheers and gl. j.

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 07:38 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
I don't know, one evening i had at least 10 hands of AA, KK or QQ over about 400 hands. Today I was winning maybe 5% of the hands, including the ones I folded. Just seems odd that they come in bursts instead of regularly.

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 07:44 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
nice run Johann

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 10:02 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Just wait until you get dealt pocket AA and KK like 6 times in one hour and lose 4 of the times and have everyone fold to you preflop the other 2. I think my AA has been cracked post flop (heads up) like 60% of the time this week and I absolutely never slowplay them.... good times! Some times you run good, sometimes you run bad. Lady luck is a !@#$%.

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 01:15 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerguyAA View Post
Just wait until you get dealt pocket AA and KK like 6 times in one hour and lose 4 of the times and have everyone fold to you preflop the other 2. I think my AA has been cracked post flop (heads up) like 60% of the time this week and I absolutely never slowplay them.... good times! Some times you run good, sometimes you run bad. Lady luck is a !@#$%.

I am still recovering(kinda)my the ridiculous whoopin my pkt As & Ks took last wk...about the same %losses..6or7 outa 10 or 11 pkt As crkd..Pkt K's a cpl more.....and i'm a litle more cautious playing them,this week(in skill lg gms)early at least....I've still got a lotta Love for Lady Lucky..though...lol.......Still sounds about right...I'm on the other side of cracking the better hand often enough,so.........damn..happened while i'm typing this..i had AQs hds up flop comes A T 7 other guy shvs w/KT i insta call he turns a T....i'm out...And That's F'ing POKER!.....I'm done now...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com