Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Earning VPP's

Old
Earning VPP's - Sat Mar 26, 2011, 10:07 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
I am new to PSO and have read several posts but nothing really pertaining to a specific question earning VPP's.

How and can you earn enough without depositing money or risking someelses? bankroll ~$2

I am not at this time wanting to risk my own money, as I go through what I will call the next phase of learning and trying to add depth to my game.

And second I read all the threads and was recommended to check out the Syndicate, but am not willing to risk others money, if not willing to risk my own.

Can someone transfer VPP's to another? or are these only for use by acquirer. Would make someone a deal to share whatever I rank next month. Do not understand how all this works yet.

Anyway my time here so far has been great, grinding into the leaderboard, meeting new friends and learning alot through all the lessons, videos, blogs...etc

When my confidence gets up a little higher I hope to participate more.

Thanks, kwik1

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 10:15 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
kwik-
if you have a $2 bankroll, play some $.01/$.02 Omaha Hi/Lo. There is always a lot of action and you can sit and acquire some VPPs. Only play made hands and don't try to chase things. Just let others do the work for you.

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 10:26 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
Welcome to the pso and the forum kwik!

[QUOTE=kwik1;266349]I am new to PSO and have read several posts but nothing really pertaining to a specific question earning VPP's.

How and can you earn enough without depositing money or risking someelses? bankroll ~$2
..........First, try to earn money where you can in freerolls. Get a ticket each week and do your best in the weekend tourneys. Take a look for freerolls all over.
I am not at this time wanting to risk my own money, as I go through what I will call the next phase of learning and trying to add depth to my game.........................Good.

And second I read all the threads and was recommended to check out the Syndicate, but am not willing to risk others money, if not willing to risk my own.

Can someone transfer VPP's to another? or are these only for use by acquirer. Would make someone a deal to share whatever I rank next month. Do not understand how all this works yet...................No...you can't transfer them. Look in the cashier ,,click on vip status..then the blue link in the middle for all the info on vpps.
Anyway my time here so far has been great, grinding into the leaderboard, meeting new friends and learning alot through all the lessons, .................Thanx for the intro and we look forward to seeing you around the community!
When my confidence gets up a little higher I hope to participate more.

Thanks, kwik1

Also..time is short, but if you want to play in a new member tourney at noon.. please read this. The first post has all the club info.
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...Questions-Live
Write back if trouble.

Last edited by !!!111Dan; Sat Mar 26, 2011 at 10:29 AM..

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 11:25 AM
(#4)
Thanks eric sat at .01/.02 NLHE last night for about an hour, how I got to $2 from $1, but only earned 1 pt. Are VPP's and FPP the same and transferrable, I do not see anything that actually says VPP>>>>>>>>>>>>Found it>>>>>>>>>>>they appear to be the same #

Last edited by kwik1; Sat Mar 26, 2011 at 11:35 AM..

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 02:21 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
They are not the same. Here is a post that explains it all....just a bit earlier today.

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...-Building-FPPs

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 02:41 PM
(#6)
Thanks, Dan

Think I got it, Buy-in with a rake or ring game with a rake, looks like whitestar status for me for awhile.

Are you having any play money games soon, have some more questions.

thanx, kwik1

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 03:05 PM
(#7)
Since: Dec 2010
I agree with all said beforehand, but it is also going to depend on how many VPP'S/FPP'S you are wanting to earn.

Old
VPP's enough to qualify - Sat Mar 26, 2011, 03:25 PM
(#8)
I was just trying to see if I could qualify to 20 VPP's and qualify for next month. As of right now I could potentially cash with my standings, and would not like to give up the difference if it happens again next month.

Thanx, kwik1

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 04:22 PM
(#9)
Since: Dec 2010
You want 20vpp's by 4/1? How many do you have right now?

Old
VPP's - Sat Mar 26, 2011, 04:30 PM
(#10)
Only 1.5ish, now see it to be an impossible task, 2 hours at 1c/2c table and that all I earned, but doubled bankroll, so maybe next month can start around $4-$7 in bankroll depending on my final standing.

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 10:36 PM
(#11)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwik1 View Post
I am not at this time wanting to risk my own money, as I go through what I will call the next phase of learning and trying to add depth to my game.

You have served up an attractive situation that I hope to exploit for my own selfish interests. I’m hoping you will give me the chance to make a few dollars off of you next month.

It looks like you will not have active status for April, and I think that is a shame. You will end up playing for 10% of the prize pool. You could come in 4th next month, grab the $50 and be on your way. It would be a shame, however to leave the other $450 on the table. I see a chance we could help each other.

I’m willing to put up $38.50 to get you 19.25 VPPs this month. My proposal is that you will play seven $5.50 Sit & Gos between now and Thursday. You can pick whether you want to play 9-player, 18-player, 27-player, 45-player or 90-player tournaments. Whatever you play is fine with me.

Terms of these S&Gs are:

I get entry fees back off the top and we split the profits.

Terms of me getting you to 20+ VPPs are:

If I lose $0 or make money with you this month, I get 25% of your Skill League winnings for April.
If I lose $0.01 to $19.25 with you this month, I get 50% of your Skill League winnings for April.
If I lose $19.26 to $38.50 with you this month, I get 75% of your Skill League winnings for April.

You are going to finish in the top 98 next month. Without the 20 VPPs you will get 100% of $5. If you take my offer you will get at least $25% of $50 ($12.50) and probably more.

This looks like a good deal for you, and I know it is a good deal for me. If you don’t feel I am taking advantage of you, I’ll be happy to ship you $11 tomorrow to cover your first two entries.

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 11:45 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
The $1.2 sng pays 1.1 VPP per game. 18 games net 19.8 VPP. 18 games fees total $21.60.

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 11:52 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Consider this first month a learning experience. Right now, you are number 82, which will entitle you to $5.00. My suggestion, try not to fall below the 200 mark and use the money in April to become active in May. You continue at this level, not only will you be earning money, but those syndicates might just come looking for you.

Most envious. Welcome and continued success.

Old
Thanks - Sun Mar 27, 2011, 12:05 AM
(#14)
Thanks for the kind words, Cairn, and all others responding.

Took a big hit today, was not sure if I should have rode it out and see where the chips fell in the leaderboard or keep playing, hind site 20/20, hopefully will finish in top 200.

Was going to pose this question in another forum after I see how big a drop it is.

I posted what happened in one of the games in another post.

thanx, kwik1

Old
Try the PLOmahaH/L .01/.02 tables - Sun Mar 27, 2011, 12:45 AM
(#15)
Since: Aug 2010
You have 5 days left. The last 5 days of January I went from 4.75 VPPs to 20.21.

For the 5 days
Cost $1.30.
Time 7.75 hours, mostly on one table at a time
Total cost for Jan $2.22. Would have been less but I didn't follow the advice and went all-in early in the month and lost.

Dec I made $0.30 but I spread it out over the month so I stayed away from the big pot tables, and actually played poker. That or I went brain dead in January.

Find a table where they are betting big, and only play monster hands unless you willing to bet a quarter of your bankroll on one hand. I look at it as buying my VPPS.

You can find threads on this, but they are back in Nov & Dec. The recommendations were to use these tables.

Old
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 01:05 AM
(#16)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwik1 View Post
Thanks for the kind words, Cairn, and all others responding.

Took a big hit today, was not sure if I should have rode it out and see where the chips fell in the leaderboard or keep playing, hind site 20/20, hopefully will finish in top 200.

Was going to pose this question in another forum after I see how big a drop it is.

I posted what happened in one of the games in another post.

thanx, kwik1
Kwik
A sticky in hand analysis for Points Positive and Negative by cyclist52 is probably the best source of info on PSO scoring.

2nd Take Fish's deal. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose. And fish is a good guy. Great mentor if you can get him to help.

Just my 2 cents. GL to ya.

Old
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 10:12 AM
(#17)
BronzeStar
When I posted my comment, I didn't see the offer Fish made. Take it. The guy is honorable and is sincere in his desire to help.

Old
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 02:15 PM
(#18)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
What I've done in the past is this:

Find the most aggressive, fastest, biggest pots table you can and buy in for the minimum. You should be able to buy in to a 2/5 cent table for $2. You're looking for a table that's playing 90-100 hands per hour at $1 a hand. Then just fold every hand and let the crazies shuffle their stacks around. You can get in at least 28 rounds of 9 hands for your $2. Hopefully the presence of a fold-station doesn't deter them from playing big pots. Just fold everything except in the free BB. Maybe limp a couple pocket pairs on the button behind some limpers. Really though your aim is to fold and let the maniacs build big pots so you get VPPs.

If you enter a pot make sure you have an absolute monster to continue postflop. Technically you are getting terrible implied odds because you are shortstacking, but maybe with a few fish in the hand you can get decent odds. If you flop a clean set or make a nice straight/flush in your free BB, try to get all the money in and pray that you are on the right side of variance. You can also go all in 1 on 1 preflop with AA and KK, and again, PRAY. Variance is a bitch, and you don't have any bankroll with which to absorb the blow. Once you're out you're done. No more money, no more VPPs.

Good luck!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com