Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

I'm surrounded by these idiots

Old
I'm surrounded by these idiots - Sat Mar 26, 2011, 04:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
PSO league of course. Early in tourney. I know what your going to say, you win more of these than you loose! In the long run you're going to come out ahead! All you can do is get all your chips in with the best hand! BS!!! I sure as hell feels like I get my chips in with best hand and I get donked most of the time! This is the exact reason they need a qualifier league to win your way in to playing in the "A league" for the money. Some donks will get through but if they keep getting bounced down to the qualifier league each month maybe they will, I don't know, read a book on poker, or watch some live training, or have a premonition, something. Hell come up with a program that when you make a bad play your keyboard zaps you. Kind of like an electric fence for dogs. I would like to think of it as positive reinforcement!

/rant

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 07:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
It's a rough one for sure,and runner runner beats are especially painful. But re-read the end of your post and ask yourself one question.............

Why would you want to play against mostly all good players? Be it here in the League or anywhere (I'll make an exception for the Home Games),I personally want as many bad players on MY table as possible.

Players that jam pots with Ace-x,any 2 suited cards and worse are your friends,they're who pay you off. It's like a good baseball team--you hold your own against the other good teams and pound the crap out of the cellar dwellers.

If I can make a suggestion--if you really and truly believe that your premium hands lose more than they win,then download a free trial of a tracking system (PT3 is great for this--60 day free trial equals a decent sized sample to look at) and examine your hold %'s per hand over a fair sized sample. I think you'll be surprised.

Remember,being an 80% favorite means that you're going to lose 1 of every 5 times on average.

Old
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 09:15 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
Hey Moxie I appreciate the reply. I'll look into the program for sure. I have not used anything like this before but from what I am reading it seems like the majority of players do. As for having these types of players at the table, I have mixed emotions. I feel that to be a better player you need to play against better competition. An occasional fish is nice but I don't want a table full of them at once.

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 09:21 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
there are definetly those donks/freerollers that try to double or triple up right away or bust. they think thats the only chance they have at the 2 bucks. besides those, no sarcasm here, i really believe there are a crap load of people that think a8s is a premium hand, also 10q, 44 etc. i mean they got through the core course, but nothin sank in. u know the same type of people that made it through high school, but cant tell you what century the civil war ended.

Last edited by johannfl; Sun Apr 03, 2011 at 09:25 PM..

Old
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 03:40 PM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2011
"I sure as hell feels like I get my chips in with best hand and I get donked most of the time! This is the exact reason they need a qualifier league to win your way in to playing in the "A league" for the money"

What should the cut off for this qualifying league be, 5000?

Old
?? - Mon Apr 11, 2011, 03:47 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
and where will you get your chips from????

Old
?? - Mon Apr 11, 2011, 04:00 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2010
and just so u know- i am not a poor sport-- heres my latest-- button raise with crap-- and i knew it-- have notes-- bb is tite-- and will fold--

I WANT THIS CALL EVERY TIME !!!!!!!!!-- ya i lost-- oh well-- ---i repeat-- i want this call EVERY TIME - form the LAG fool---- cheers-- monk...
Transcript for your last 1 games requested by monkeyskunk4

*********** # 1 **************
PokerStars Game #60680561119: Tournament #379718644, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2011/04/11 15:53:31 ET
Table '379718644 34' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: Kinda Sorta (1649 in chips)
Seat 2: Corey James1 (2395 in chips)
Seat 3: BJovan (2157 in chips)
Seat 4: jnyahn (825 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 5: BUZZLIYEAR (465 in chips)
Seat 6: jace033 (4700 in chips)
Seat 7: monkeyskunk4 (1320 in chips)
Seat 8: MrJCurry (1445 in chips)
Seat 9: 13vb (3419 in chips)
monkeyskunk4: posts small blind 100
MrJCurry: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to monkeyskunk4 [Ac Qh]
13vb: folds
Kinda Sorta has timed out
Kinda Sorta: folds
Kinda Sorta is sitting out
Corey James1: folds
BJovan: folds
jnyahn: folds
Kinda Sorta has returned
BUZZLIYEAR: folds
jace033: raises 600 to 800
monkeyskunk4: raises 520 to 1320 and is all-in
MrJCurry: folds
jace033: calls 520
*** FLOP *** [Jd Ts 8s]
*** TURN *** [Jd Ts 8s] [7h]
*** RIVER *** [Jd Ts 8s 7h] [4d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
monkeyskunk4: shows [Ac Qh] (high card Ace)
jace033: shows [Td Jc] (two pair, Jacks and Tens)
jace033 collected 2840 from pot
monkeyskunk4 finished the tournament in 579th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 2840 | Rake 0
Board [Jd Ts 8s 7h 4d]
Seat 1: Kinda Sorta folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Corey James1 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: BJovan folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: jnyahn folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: BUZZLIYEAR folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: jace033 (button) showed [Td Jc] and won (2840) with two pair, Jacks and Tens
Seat 7: monkeyskunk4 (small blind) showed [Ac Qh] and lost with high card Ace
Seat 8: MrJCurry (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: 13vb folded before Flop (didn't bet)

If you have any questions, please contact us at "PokerStars Support" <support@pokerstars.com>

Last edited by monkeyskunk4; Mon Apr 11, 2011 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: edit email

Old
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 06:26 PM
(#8)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerhoe View Post
Hey Moxie I appreciate the reply. I'll look into the program for sure. I have not used anything like this before but from what I am reading it seems like the majority of players do. As for having these types of players at the table, I have mixed emotions. I feel that to be a better player you need to play against better competition. An occasional fish is nice but I don't want a table full of them at once.

You would think so wouldnt you. Personally, i think that playing against ALL TYPES of players is what makes you a better player. Learning how to handle all from the LAG/maniac/TAG and the passives will make your game more well rounded IMO.

i usually end up cursing myself more than anything on some of those tough hands. wondering what i couldve done different to possibly have won or at least have lost the minimum.

In your case, would you have won the pot if played differently or is this one of those guys that live for that weak ace chase no matter what the flop is like. Tough to say.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com