Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

FLO Hi/Lo $1 MTT In 5 Minutes

Old
FLO Hi/Lo $1 MTT In 5 Minutes - Sat Mar 26, 2011, 10:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010
For anyone who's interested, there's a Fixed Limit Omaha Hi/Lo tourney happening in five minutes in the tourney lobby. Just thought I'd mention it, since these don't run extremely often, and I know some people want to give Omaha a shot. If you saw Live Training today, it's a way to practice. Extended reg. goes for 10 minutes.

Hope to see some people there.

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 10:37 PM
(#2)
Probably should have posted this earlier if I wanted anyone to notice it.

Late reg. is still open for over five minutes. We'll see if I learned anything this morning.

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 11:17 PM
(#3)
Shockingly, I'm not doing well in my first ever FLO Hi/Lo MTT. I guess it's true what they say about practice. You're awful if you've never done any.

Looking forward to practicing the game though. As soon as I get the basics down, and I've picked up the strategy, I'll be an unstoppable force. I really need someone with a Home Game club to run some games though. I don't think guitarplayer is yet.

Anyone up for Omaha?

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 11:47 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hoping to Final Table with ya.............guess that's out?

JT

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 11:51 PM
(#5)
Yep. Too bad. We can try another time.

I've watched a few of Dave's Live Trainings on FLO, but I think I really just need to read a hand selection chart at the moment. I'll find some articles and try again some other time.

Good luck JT! The prizes at the FT are actually pretty nice for a small $1 MTT. Hope you grab one.

Old
Sat Mar 26, 2011, 11:54 PM
(#6)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Ive tried omaha a few times and i really cant stand it.....just not for me i guess i would much rather play hi/lo stud....btw good luck jt.

Old
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 01:45 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
Min cashed for $1.80ish.................thx for the heads up about the game Panicky.

JT

Old
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 03:14 AM
(#8)
np

between the LT's and the few introductory articles I've read in the Library, I think I'm ready for more. Next time Dave does Omaha, I'll probably get more out of it. I'll post another time an interesting tourney comes up.

Old
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 01:14 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
np

between the LT's and the few introductory articles I've read in the Library, I think I'm ready for more. Next time Dave does Omaha, I'll probably get more out of it. I'll post another time an interesting tourney comes up.
Panicky, just thought I would interject and some of what I say may be what Dave already said. The key in O/8 is that you will have people raising like crazy holding A2 and AA. Pick your spots, I try not to get involved in pre-flop raises unless I have Ax suited with a low or high card run. The object in O/8 is to Scoop the pots. And remember, the pot is split 50% high, 50% low, so if you have 4 people hitting that low, you are only getting 12.5% of the total pot. I love it when I have a high and low, sharing the low with 1 or 2 other players. And remember, AA is not the best hand to hold in Omaha.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com