Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Collusion

Old
Collusion - Sun Mar 27, 2011, 09:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2010
Is this a clear case of collusion or is he trying to tilt me ?
Can really talk a good game for a player ranked 12.374th
I declined gracefully

PokerStars Game #59922413348: Tournament #368288702, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2011/03/28 2:03:30 WET [2011/03/27 21:03:30 ET]
Table '368288702 82' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: spike8998 (995 in chips)
Seat 2: alpontibaja (30285 in chips)
Seat 3: 2 Out Rally (3188 in chips)
Seat 5: kkkimkkk (860 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 6: ursherman83 (705 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 7: bestoboth (1163 in chips)
Seat 8: Atmohspheer (425 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 9: Toneloc77 (1590 in chips) is sitting out
spike8998: posts small blind 100
alpontibaja: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to spike8998 [6s Kh]
2 Out Rally: folds
kkkimkkk: folds
ursherman83: folds
alpontibaja said, "spike you can have my big blind"
horsewoman72 is connected
bestoboth: folds
Atmohspheer: folds
Toneloc77: folds
alpontibaja said, "lets check all the way"
alpontibaja said, "i swear"
alpontibaja said, "i wont bet"
alpontibaja said, "go all in"
spike8998: folds
Uncalled bet (100) returned to alpontibaja
alpontibaja said, "ill fold"
alpontibaja said, "i swear"
alpontibaja collected 200 from pot
alpontibaja said, "LOL"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 200 | Rake 0
Seat 1: spike8998 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: alpontibaja (big blind) collected (200)
Seat 3: 2 Out Rally folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: kkkimkkk folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: ursherman83 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: bestoboth folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Atmohspheer folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Toneloc77 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Old
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 09:22 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
it's not collusion, unless you agree and do what he says.... him insinuating that he wants you to collude with him, will eventually get him in trouble.. as soon as someone agrees.

Old
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 09:40 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
It's borderline on chatting in a way that would affect the tournament as a whole. JDean in the past has posted a very thorough explanation of why chat like this is frowned upon.

Old
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 09:46 PM
(#4)
Thanks JW & mc for your insight

Old
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 10:04 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
No this is not some evil collusion. This is someone trying to be helpful (or maybe just goading you into sending all your chips his way--unlikely, but possible since he should not really be folding anything with 30x your stack). Yes, it's against the rules, and you should let him know that, but this is not a sign that he is a cheating son of a bitch who needs to be dealt with. Just say "Hey man I appreciate the gesture but it's against the rules to talk about that" and make your play as you would have if he hadn't said that. This is why you want to be nice and make friends at the table. It may actually give you a strategic advantage later! Not specifically this, but maybe not making what they might consider a dirty play.

I was at a table once, short stacked, and DirtyRubberz was there. It was my BB and I had just 85 chips behind. This guy limped in early position and said hey everyone, let's limp in and fold when ori bets his last 85 chips on the flop. Half the table agreed to do it, and Dirty and I were like, no guys, don't. Anyhow, one of the limpers flopped two pair and shoved the flop, haha. So much for my unsolicited gift.

Old
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 10:10 PM
(#6)
Thanks ori
The guy was goading me for 2 hours till I was moved

Old
Mia culpa - Sun Mar 27, 2011, 11:35 PM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Think I was close to one of these situations(a cpl times) on both ends...realized the mistake...and the guy who offered to help, took me out as well(said he would fold,called my raise,and hit on the rvr)....lol....that's pkr...i don't really trust anyone's assurances @ a poker tbl...but that's just me....On my end i mentioned a desire to help a sht stk.survive a blind,someone called me on it/explained the colusion...Lesson learned...."Two ways to go through life...like everyone's your friend,or no one is"....Great western, movie line.......

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 01:16 AM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt.quiver View Post
Think I was close to one of these situations(a cpl times) on both ends...realized the mistake...and the guy who offered to help, took me out as well(said he would fold,called my raise,and hit on the rvr)....lol....that's pkr...i don't really trust anyone's assurances @ a poker tbl...but that's just me....On my end i mentioned a desire to help a sht stk.survive a blind,someone called me on it/explained the colusion...Lesson learned...."Two ways to go through life...like everyone's your friend,or no one is"....Great western, movie line.......

I just stuck to my way of playing did manage to take a few hundred chips off him before I was moved
Like Stone Cold said "DTA" , don't trust anybody lol

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 07:33 AM
(#9)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Since it wouldn't be necessary to go all-in in order to split the blinds he was trying to take you out with a monster hand.

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 08:44 AM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2010
Not collusion in any form as I can see Spike, that requires 2 individuals to agree to take actions in an attempt to effect the outcome of hands.

In this case you were put in awkward spot in that if you had genuinely had wished to check your hand it could have appeared to the other players or an observer as collusion, you made the right move by folding out of it.

Alpon was clearly in breach of PokerStars rules relating to chat during a hand in that their words were intended to influence the actions another player and the outcome of the hand.

Seem to see so many incidents like this, even remarks like "gla" before or during pre-flop betting are in truth violations of hand chat protocols by intimating an intention to go all-in and thereby influence other players in to a fold or call that they may not have made otherwise.

In all instances I would request politely that the offender refrain from such comments advising them that they are in breach of rules and if I get abuse back or they continue with hand chat I copy the chat log and send it to support with a report.

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 01:16 PM
(#11)
Thanks for the response bogweed
I said later as I was running my clock down , he kept telling me to fold btw , " to play your own game I don't need to be told how to play my game"
This kept him quiet for a few hands but not for long
I didn't really see it as a form of collusion I was gonna fold anyway but he was not to know that
What it may have done was influence the other players game before the ball was in my court

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com