Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

I need a shoulder to cry one

Old
I need a shoulder to cry one - Sun Mar 27, 2011, 09:36 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
First hand and limp in early with a two callers. A dream flop hits and with a big bet, Re-raise and I'm all in and counting my money. Of course the hammer gets dropped and I bounce out the fifty50 on the first hand. I can't fault the guy he had a better hand than I did. Maybe I should of just gone away before the flop but it was for that $30 call I was getting 10:1 on the call. What do y'all think?

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 09:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
That looks like something that happened to me.. and I actually would of played it the exact same way

I feel your pain

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 03:34 PM
(#3)
I keep rethinking this and can't come up with a conclusion that I am happy with. Similar situations show up all the time. I guess the best thing to do is put "feeler bets" out there and when you get strong reactions to them, do what your supposed to do, lay it down. In the PSO league more often then not you have a donk bullying his way around the table with his single Ace, and I get used to that. I feel these fifty50's are a tighter table. More so than the Sit'N Go's that I have mostly played up until this past week. I still see the occasional crazy better playing to many hands but for the most part it is a much better quality of player than I have been facing in the league play and need to adjust my play accordingly.

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 04:13 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
First of all, I would have never of opened up with QJo UTG especially for a min raise. Second of all I would have NEVER called a re-raise with QJo because more times than not your opponent is going to have a hand excactly like your opponent did. AK AQ KQ AJ KJ or even KK QQ AA JJ and things of that nature.

I think your mistake was opening the pot UTG with QJ in the first place. Once the flop hit, that was just an unfortunate spot for you. I know it would be very hard for me to get away from that hand to especially because of the two flush cards. Your opponent could have a WIDE range of hands.

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 05:05 PM
(#5)
Thanks for the advice. One of the things I have tried to work on is what hands to start with in early positions. Also what to bet in those instances. When I have pocket pairs or AK, AQ usually I come in 3x's or 4x's the BB. Its hard to say what was going through my mind then but I can only think it was something I was hoping to see a flop with that may have some potential but didn't want to commit a lot of money at the same time.

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 05:36 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
If you NEVER limp from EP you will seldom be making a mistake. Limping is best saved for a speculative hand (like QJo) in late position with other limpers already in the pot.

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 07:54 PM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
too bad u didnt hit a spade on the river.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com