Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

revenge!

Old
revenge! - Sun Mar 27, 2011, 10:56 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Sometimes revenge is sweet.

This guy to my left was awful, and he stacked me earlier in the session by cold calling a 3B with K5, calling flop and turn barrels with bottom pair and rivering another 5, weeeeeee.

His stack went up to like 4 buy ins, and was dwindling back down as the cards had stopped falling his way... got a chance to get a revenge hand in before he lost it all.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 11:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2010
nice

Old
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 11:01 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
How sweet it is!!

Old
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 11:02 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
I enjoyed that. Badass pot right there. I need to get me one of those.

Old
Sun Mar 27, 2011, 11:10 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2011
Thanks for the post! It nice to know that there are bad players affecting all of us and it is always good when the hero ends up with the chips!

Old
peeewwww! - Mon Mar 28, 2011, 12:30 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Now that's exceptionally bad....9s open ended, on the turn,bet at, another caller after,and an A on the rvr??????????Even I Know better than that.......lol....very nice...what was his name...again?....love to find that guy when i build a little more bank....great work....

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 02:03 AM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
He was something special.

For you stats folk, he was playing 52.5 / 7.4 with a went to SD % of 54.9!!! I'll say this for him, he won't be bluffed off a hand.

Last edited by TheLangolier; Mon Mar 28, 2011 at 02:08 AM..

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 02:19 AM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Sometimes revenge is sweet.

This guy to my left was awful, and he stacked me earlier in the session by cold calling a 3B with K5, calling flop and turn barrels with bottom pair and rivering another 5, weeeeeee.

His stack went up to like 4 buy ins, and was dwindling back down as the cards had stopped falling his way... got a chance to get a revenge hand in before he lost it all.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
LUCK BOX!!!!!

Not for spiking that turn (nice check/call on that ton of outs btw)...

Yer a luck box for finding that guy!

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 02:23 AM
(#9)
Deleted user
just curious about something since I have yet to play 6max this high.

-If he was running that high vpip would you switch to 4xbb preflop at this lvl or is that just work at lower limits?

-On the flop how often are you checking instead of betting with that flop?
I find fish like this are fun to float against since they tend to ignore turn and river cards if they have a piece of the flop and betting insures the building of the pot.

Just thinking out load and thinking if one line is better than the other in this spot.

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 02:27 AM
(#10)
Nice 4 callers,just like the PSO Skill League.

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 02:41 AM
(#11)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
Some folks have way too much money.
You did this guy a favor by relieving him of a few crack buy-ins,

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 03:21 AM
(#12)
BronzeStar
Newmen god bless him

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 07:00 AM
(#13)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Absolutely mind boggling. Searching for him now

Old
very nice - Mon Mar 28, 2011, 08:24 AM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Nice to see things like this. Karma eventually evens out and bad play gets its reward sooner or later. You can see it all around us these last few days. Thanks for the insight folks and as always, Have a good one!! Lasthippie

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 12:46 PM
(#15)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted user View Post
just curious about something since I have yet to play 6max this high.

-If he was running that high vpip would you switch to 4xbb preflop at this lvl or is that just work at lower limits?

-On the flop how often are you checking instead of betting with that flop?
I find fish like this are fun to float against since they tend to ignore turn and river cards if they have a piece of the flop and betting insures the building of the pot.

Just thinking out load and thinking if one line is better than the other in this spot.
Great questions, here's my thoughts:

1) I will 4x over a player like this who limps in an effort to iso them, sometimes even 5x. The difficulty here is both my absolute position being bad in this hand and the fish being on my immediate left. So I'm just making my standard open raise in this spot.

2) I didn't c-bet because it was a 5 handed pot. A bet here wouldn't really be for value or as a bluff. Worse hands won't call except for perhaps open ended straight draws, but those may raise as a semi-bluff and I can't really call any reasonable raise. With 6 outs to a reasonable hand and 4 outs to the nuts, I really don't want to be raised off my equity at this point. And a c-bet isn't a good bluff because better hands won't fold. Now technically that statement isn't entirely true, perhaps hands like 55 give up as well as A4, for that reason this would be a decent cbet spot heads up. But with 4 opponents it's just a lot more likely someone has connected with this board well enough to continue, quite possibly a couple people. So we may shake loose an ace high or small pair, but not likely to take it down without seeing a turn card, and risking being raised in a spot we really don't want to face a raise since we don't have anything yet but have some reasonable equity in this spot to see another card.

Dave

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com