Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

30 Day of PT3 Trial

Old
30 Day of PT3 Trial - Mon Mar 28, 2011, 05:42 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
So, where the heck have I been for the past 20 years of online poker? What did I ever do w/o this? Couple bad days near the end of my 1/2 way point. But, Here's my arse hanging out. Still need a clue as too how to work all the other stuff on this program. Any hints or help appreciated. -shark

Last edited by sharkatack89; Mon Mar 28, 2011 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: Punctuation.

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 06:44 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I don't have a HUD. My free trial expired a long time ago. Glad to see you're enjoying your HUD, though. They are little bottomless bundles of technological joy and confusion. But I hear they increase people's winnings. So that's good.

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 09:01 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2010
My PT3 trial ended a few days ago and in truth I'm glad to see the back of it, it was excellent for hand analysis and study work outside of games but I think I was beginning to become influenced by it during games, I also noted that my note taking and "hands on" reading of opponents were dropping away.

Strangely after an intial perceived improvement in my game when i started the trial I then noticed my results tailing away and a loss of game, this downswing/confidence crisis ended at the same time as the trial.

Back to manual note taking and researching opponents for me, if you work for the information you remember it better.

Other than it making me lazy I noted winnings from freerolls and satty ticket entries threw the ROI data out of the skew and it somehow created a tournament it said started in January 2022 and ended in January 1979, needless to say I didn't win anything in it.

If it works for you Shark good luck, but be wary and don't get too reliant on it.

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 10:42 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post
So, where the heck have I been for the past 20 years of online poker? What did I ever do w/o this? Couple bad days near the end of my 1/2 way point. But, Here's my arse hanging out. Still need a clue as too how to work all the other stuff on this program. Any hints or help appreciated. -shark
One of the most important elements of pt3 is the hud. It is vital to customize your hud to get the most out of the software.

Configure ----> Configure HuD
Drop Box option if you want to adjust your tourny hud or cash hud
Click the stats tab and adjust according to what you want to see (I prefer keeping mine to only 3 lines to keep it fairly clean)

Example on what you may want on your right box: (Tourny)

Hands
Player
M
New Line
Vpip
Pfr
Total AF
New Line
3bet%
Cbet
Atmpt To Steal Blind
Fold to steal blind

*Also choose a stat and have fun adjusting personal color ranges to make it look perty and easier for quick glance ranges
- under color ranges

Last edited by Da Sens Fan; Mon Mar 28, 2011 at 10:52 AM..

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 11:48 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
One of the most important elements of pt3 is the hud. It is vital to customize your hud to get the most out of the software.

Configure ----> Configure HuD
Drop Box option if you want to adjust your tourny hud or cash hud
Click the stats tab and adjust according to what you want to see (I prefer keeping mine to only 3 lines to keep it fairly clean)

Example on what you may want on your right box: (Tourny)

Hands
Player
M
New Line
Vpip
Pfr
Total AF
New Line
3bet%
Cbet
Atmpt To Steal Blind
Fold to steal blind

*Also choose a stat and have fun adjusting personal color ranges to make it look perty and easier for quick glance ranges
- under color ranges
I'm winding down my free trial with the NLHE aspect and have just begun the Omaha version (yes,you can download BOTH free trials and even run them at the same time if you want).

Sens is dead on about having the HUD properly configured for your personal "taste" as to what opponent tendencies that matter most to you. In an MTT/multi-table SNG I tend to stick with the default options: VPIP,PR (pre-flop raise percentage) and AG (aggression factor--how much will the player raise and KEEP raising in hands they play). On ring tables I tend to switch to keep VPIP and PR but switch out AG for fold to C-bet %.

I'm already regretting jumping the gun a little and maybe downloading the Omaha trial too soon,as I don't play much Omaha and therefore doubt I'll get a large enough sample to really learn anything,but maybe I'll play some more Omaha to make it worthwhile.

For the self-analysis features alone I recommend to anyone that they try the 60 day free trial of PT3. I don't want to purchase it quite yet due to the levels I play and also the fact that bogweed makes an excellent point,that the danger of becoming too reliant on it is very real--therefore I want to have a good period of time wherein I take what I gained from having the system up and get down to applying it in my game without the aid of the system running.

But down the road I definitely see myself purchasing either PT3 or Hold 'em Manager,as I've heard good things about their system as well (think langolier says that's what he runs,so pretty good endorsement--so to speak--right there IMO) and I'll for sure be trying their free trial at some point as well. I believe HEM's is for one week.

So to sum up,to me this is something you should definitely try and see if it works for you,if you're serious about growing your game. Some players hate these things,some can get trapped into being too reliant on them. See if it works for you,find a proper balance with it. You may only get a single,solitary benefit from it and that's all. But for 60 free days even that is a good deal if you ask me. And for sure play around with the features. You have 60 days,utilize that time.

Old
Mon Mar 28, 2011, 07:06 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
There is a Micro-Stake version for much much less cost. It will only track games played below a certain buy in level, or bb for cash games. I don't make full use of it yet, but have found it useful.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com