Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Mmmm Fish quits PSO - Who else and why ?

Old
Mmmm Fish quits PSO - Who else and why ? - Tue Mar 29, 2011, 03:04 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
aaa

Last edited by RedLetterman; Sat Nov 26, 2011 at 09:00 PM..

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 03:06 PM
(#2)
(Head Trainer)
Didn't see it... is he actually quitting PSO, or just quitting the skill league?

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 03:25 PM
(#3)
aaa

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 03:26 PM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Do you want his social security card and a summary of houses he has occupied in the last 5 years too?

He'll be back, he won't be back, he'll play poker he won't play poker,

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 03:59 PM
(#5)
aaa

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 04:34 PM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLetterman View Post
Making money at other tables?
That was my reason.

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 05:44 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
As people develope their game in the league and become better, they are able to make more money playing other tourneys. Eventually it becomes more profitable to play elsewhere.

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 05:46 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
That was my reason.
Mine too.

i'll be 100% honest, playing PSO in a monthly league became a DRAG.

This month I tried, I really tried...

I started off o.k., then took a couple hits. After that, I had a stack I could have moneyed (or at least plus pointed) quite a few times, but just could not summons up enough "caring" to protect the stack.

The fact is, PSO on Stars was nice when it was a "berry patch", but now far too many people have clued into the "system", and that is making the league very hard to money in on a monthly basis.

Kudos to all of you who do have the patience to go for the $1500, and month after month face the crushing realization you just played 100+ events to make $15...

Since I stopped playing PSO's, I've made about $30 (in around 10 days), with relatively little "risk" of going bust-o. Based on the time I've spent (about 1/2 what I spent playing 4x PSO's per night), I simply cannot justify continued PSO play.

Oh, I'll still be aorund the forums. And I may splash around a bit in an event or 2 per month, but I seriously doubt I will return to playing PSO "full time" until/unless I am in dire need of cash.

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 06:06 PM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
PSO league is a great place to help build a bankroll for free. Once you get a bankroll going, your time is better spent elsewhere (unless your planning on giving it 110% and trying to hit top 5).

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 06:11 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Noticed Fish saying this is his last month in PSO. Wondering who else has dropped off and why. Outgrew it? Not enough time? New job? New girl? Making money at other tables? Playing live?
This is the exact position I find myself in as of late. I'm on the first page, but, the time and effort to break T10 is a real drag this month. I think I may wait but, who knows. It is true I can make more money playing live vs. PSO Skill at this point in time. But, as I don't want to spend all my time playing live. I'm ok w/ having it up along w/ another MTT. So, I will stay. Also got a new system w/ a 23" wide screen now. So, Playing will be a lot easier than on my netbook.

-shark

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 06:17 PM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Noticed Fish saying this is his last month in PSO. Wondering who else has dropped off and why. Outgrew it? Not enough time? New job? New girl? Making money at other tables? Playing live?
I've taken the basics that PSO has taught me (patience, hand selection, position) and the cash I've won in the PSO and moved on to cash sng's, mtt's, and ring tables.

I have found it to be much more profitable (not to mention enjoyable) to play outside of PSO.

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 06:18 PM
(#12)
BronzeStar
he is just holding out for more money

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 08:13 PM
(#13)
Frankly I can't believe the amount of time many people put into playing Skill League. The tournaments are fun and a good way to improve your play, but in terms of $$$ there is not much reward for the hours invested.

I'm sure Fish has found a better ROI for his time. And best of luck to him!

Personally I'd like someday to make a serious run up the Leaderboard, but with little time to play I prefer cash games for growing my bankroll. You can find me at fixed limit 6-max micros.
I'll be the guy behind the big stack. lol

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 08:53 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore 59 View Post
Frankly I can't believe the amount of time many people put into playing Skill League. The tournaments are fun and a good way to improve your play, but in terms of $$$ there is not much reward for the hours invested.

I'm sure Fish has found a better ROI for his time. And best of luck to him!

Personally I'd like someday to make a serious run up the Leaderboard, but with little time to play I prefer cash games for growing my bankroll. You can find me at fixed limit 6-max micros.
I'll be the guy behind the big stack. lol
So, the $1500 isn't enough for ya huh?

Buy a clue........

JT

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 08:53 PM
(#15)
i hate to waste rungoodz on skill league tourneys

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 10:07 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT_Sooooted View Post
So, the $1500 isn't enough for ya huh?

Buy a clue........

JT
JT you Soooted marvel

Skill League is great. $1500 would be fine. But who has the time?.

Any other clues needed?

Last edited by Fillmore 59; Tue Mar 29, 2011 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: clues for JT

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 10:35 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore 59 View Post
I suppose it all depends on the reason you play the skill league. Personally, I see playing in the skill league as something akin to going to the gym and working-out on the heavy bag or sparring for a few hours. One gets to try different plays at different points and see what works when. One also gets to develop one's "poker muscles." If one sees the abundance of learning and training exceeding the worth of the potential $$, one can see the value...

Im just sayin....

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 11:03 PM
(#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz864 View Post
I suppose it all depends on the reason you play the skill league. Personally, I see playing in the skill league as something akin to going to the gym and working-out on the heavy bag or sparring for a few hours. One gets to try different plays at different points and see what works when. One also gets to develop one's "poker muscles." If one sees the abundance of learning and training exceeding the worth of the potential $$, one can see the value...

Im just sayin....
I could not agree more,Tazz!

I "work out" in Skill League as much as I am able. It is enjoyable and always instructive. I hope I am improving my tournament skills.

As to finishing in the "big money" atop the Leaderboard, that is a difficult thing to do. Those near the summit generally grind an incredible number of tournaments to reach a high ranking. As much as i might like to compete for those spots, I simply do not have that kind of time.

I find micro cash games a more dependable way to build my bankroll. I am working at it slowly, a few hours at a time, both to improve my game and to add a little cash to my account.

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 11:42 PM
(#19)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
I will play my last Skill League tournament on March 31st, but I really haven’t played one in earnest since February.

For me, the EV is simply not there. The time and effort needed to get to the top 98 for $50 ends up being a lost opportunity cost. I feel I have a better chance to make $50 easier other places on this site. The top ten spots in the Skill League are very competitive. The $1,500 top prize is attractive, but I can play three or four tournaments each week that would give me a better shot at $1,500 than the Skill League does.

I came to the league in October after knocking my bankroll down below $15. I made a commitment several years ago that I would not deposit money onto this site, so I appreciate the opportunity PSO gave me to stay in the game. It took me a couple of months to figure out the league, but the $50 I won in January was enough to get me rolling again.

Currently I’m flopping around like a crappie in a boat. I don’t have focus or a good game plan to build my bankroll, but for the moment, I’m not desperate. If I do get desperate, you might see me once again stalling before I hit the fold button.

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 11:58 PM
(#20)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Shoot Fish,,,Play 2,3,maybe 8 PSO tourneys a week,,,you got the skills to get $50. The rest of the time just make sure you fish on the right side of the boat

Have you considered a little craps to fill in some dead time?,,,,a true $$ maker
Don't be a stranger,,,I for one won't worry where you are or what you're doing, like a meddling wetnurse gossiping neighbor. I know you'll be around, and when you are,,,,I'll smile.
>Dem

Last edited by DEMONTIS7; Wed Mar 30, 2011 at 12:02 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com