Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

HUD's

Old
HUD's - Tue Mar 29, 2011, 05:55 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
I'm very much in the experimental stage with these. But having run one on another site for a few weeks now I'm almost certain it's beginning to improve my decision making. But that isn't really what this is about. My question is........

If you use one, do you continue to allow it to collect data while you're not playing? I don't. My reason being that I like to think my presence on a table will impact on how other people play. Am I kidding myself ?

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 05:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
yup

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 06:08 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
I'm very much in the experimental stage with these. But having run one on another site for a few weeks now I'm almost certain it's beginning to improve my decision making. But that isn't really what this is about. My question is........

If you use one, do you continue to allow it to collect data while you're not playing? I don't. My reason being that I like to think my presence on a table will impact on how other people play. Am I kidding myself ?
Yes, as you well know Dark. Habits are very hard to form and even harder to break. Any Aggro Player can and does use aggro on all players he/she plays against. But, I'd like to think if you were sitting out at my table. My play would not change, but, my mood would. -shark

Old
Tue Mar 29, 2011, 08:36 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post

Sometimes I do,and sometimes not. If I'm going to leave the site up whilst doing other things then yeah,why not? But I won't leave my computer up and running for the sole purpose of garnering more intel on other players.

As to the question of whether or not you're kidding yourself as to your presence at the table impacting the play of others I would say that yes,you are kidding yourself. As I would be,or pretty much anyone else in this League. For the simple reason that the vast majority of this League are bad to awful players who's thought process doesn't even consider the possible holdings or intent of you or anyone else on the table and just consider their hand---and such deep concepts as "Oooh,oooh--they gave me TWO cards this time,I'm raising......." or their default strategy,"Button....shiny....click."

And in cash MTT/SNG plays 80% of the time I see players repeatedly enough for them to maybe form an opinion of MY play and react accordingly,it's because they're Mega-grinders who are going to be playing a very ABC style of poker anyway.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com