Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Buh-Bye PSO "Skill" League

Old
Buh-Bye PSO "Skill" League - Wed Mar 30, 2011, 06:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I'm done with the PSO "Skill" League! Matter of fact I might even be done with Pokerstars all together!! Doesn't pay to play the league at all. Sick of being sucked out on on top of trying to stay awake for this boring game.

Dawn

Old
Wed Mar 30, 2011, 10:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
If you are willing/able to, make a deposit and play for some real cash. Makes things a lot more interesting... but the suckouts will still be there I promise you!

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 12:17 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Dawn if you want to be successful at the game you had to be able to take these beats. It is hard but every successful poker player has had to overcome this. Suck outs are always going to happen, even in mid/high stakes. Sometimes I watch high stakes players play and I see crazy people shoving hands like KT, just like at the 2nl levels.

Keep working hard to improve your game and you will win in the long run. I remember getting so irritated at the game that I wanted to quit, well actually I did quit, but I came back. Anybody that has a true passion for the game will come back. If possible, trying taking a small break. Take day, two days, a week, or even a month off it that's what it takes.

There are a lot of forums out there about the psychology of a poker player. Have you ever signed up for the 2+2 poker forums? They have a lot of nice threads on there that can help you. PM me if you need any help, I am here to talk if you need to.

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 12:37 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
aaa

Last edited by RedLetterman; Sat Nov 26, 2011 at 09:03 PM..

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 12:44 AM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewski68 View Post
I'm done with the PSO "Skill" League! Matter of fact I might even be done with Pokerstars all together!! Doesn't pay to play the league at all. Sick of being sucked out on on top of trying to stay awake for this boring game.

Dawn
Dewski, I'm sorry that you feel you must quit. A couple months ago, I would have posted here. Don't let the door hit you on our arse on your way out. But, unfortunately PSO has become family to me. And you are part of that family. Look, I've been playing poker for 20+ years.I just re vamped my game at the beginning of this year. As I write this a short stack min raised. I shoved w/ AQ off and he calls the rest of his 600 chips in a $31.80 Fifty/50 w/ T 6 Diamonds. And right on the flop T 6. LOL. Anyways, as I was saying I just revamped my game to a Tight/Super Aggressive game. I've loosened up my playables hands and I ask myself this question for all hands. Can I raise? If I can't raise I'm not calling. It's help a lot. See if you game needs to change. If it does, change it. Then get to winning the money. Be on the other end of the suck outs. There are no such things as bad beats. All beats suck. If I'm ahead. I want to stay ahead. If I'm behind. Chit, Come on river. Hope this helps and I hope you stay. -shark.

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 05:39 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
I'm done with the PSO "Skill" League! snip

Dawn
You joined about the same time as me Dawn. My game improved in leaps and bounds and I learnt a lot from the league tables and the peeps on this forum. It is fair to say, I think, that there is only so much the league tables can teach you. Then it is time to put that into practice.

As has rightly been said, suck outs are a part of poker life. If it can happen it will happen - I lost my total bank roll here ($4) on one hand - my full house was not quite as full as I had hoped. I have had trip A busted several times but in hindsight it is only trips and there are a lot of better hands).

I find playing between 4 and 6 tables at a time helps keep me on an even keel since I am too busy to worry about losing a hand and I can still take notes when it matters and keep an eye on the players that need keeping an eye on.

Just pop back on the odd occasion like I do (I think I missed something like 6 consecutive days this month and fell to something like 8k - so what? The last couple of games I played I was in the money). Don't worry about being 'active' and take poker for what it is - a game of cards - and just enjoy your play. See you on TV one day

It seems to be taking forever but PokerStars is beginning to develop the league and that can only be good.

Keep the poker faith.

MB

Last edited by wwwMBeecouk; Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 05:42 AM..

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 07:48 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLetterman View Post
Which do you subscribe to? Freud or Jung?
Maybe Dawns just realised theres more of Ivan Pavlov to all this

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 09:46 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Thanks for all the replies. I'm not quitting poker. I'm just fed up with the PSO league. Too many donks & you just can't play real poker, which is what I seek. I don't like to multi-table because I like to pay attention to the people I am playing against. PSO gets really boring & it's just not worth the time. Been playing mostly on PS & it's just time to move on to newer places, that's all.

Dawn

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 10:38 AM
(#9)
BronzeStar
[QUOTE=sharkatack89;267952]Dewski,
" But, unfortunately PSO has become family to me. And you are part of that family "

Shark I love you man but whats with this line? Not sure what's so unfortunate but I am glad to hear you have (reluctantly??) embraced this community. No doubt we are all better off when we help/support each other - and I for one have said many times the people in PSO have made my return to poker this time so much more enjoyable and profitable. For the record I want to say thanks to you and all those great players (so many I could name) who share their experience, advice, and journey on a daily basis. It helps us micro players and beginners a ton!!

So maybe as we all search and struggle with our own reasons for sticking around PSO , it turns out the best reason to be here and be a part of this community may have nothing to do with poker.
Just something to think about as another month winds down.

Dewski - btw LOVE THE DEW!!! I'm sure you know this and after a few days go by clearer minds will prevail. NOYONE got hit over the head and DONKED more in PSO in February than me - PERIOD. Did the whole done with PSO thing but guess what - came back for more abuse in March and lo and behold may this may be my best finish ever.

Last edited by freddysw; Thu Mar 31, 2011 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: spell

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 11:19 AM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLetterman View Post
Which do you subscribe to? Freud or Jung?
I haven't subscribed to either ... but I have read a few threads on psychology and they do help out a lot. I guess tilt is a major problem for a lot of poker players and actually causes them to quit the game. However, there are many different techniques to help with tilt.

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 12:17 PM
(#11)
Since: Sep 2010
dawn, see the league for what it is. a way to get money relatively easily
then play real poker with the funds you accumulated watching the clock tick down here and laugh
i still find myself actually playing hands in the first hour of a tournament sometimes.
crazy? self destructive? poker? the first hour is for clock killing and for donkey ducking
waiting for the donkeys to die
and you have to wait them out because they are calling you down with any two
and its just not worth it early
so you fold your queens and your AK
and you are almost strong enough to fold AA
but then it comes and of course the donk has q 4 sooted
but thedonk also has chips
and the donk is playing poker
while you watch the clock time down for the thirtieth time
thats ten minutes of clock you killed yourself in this tourney
you should be proud of that
ten minutes of survival
ten minutes of survival that equal 200 dead donks
and you are now 200 places higher on the board
and its not poker
but like charlie sheen YOU ARE WINNING
winning by playing like a loser
cleverly gaming a system
leaking the hours of your life away at a computer
while outside theres people to frolic in the sunshine with
sophomoric antics to mastermind
hotties of all shapes and flavors
so yeah, i get it
and spring cleaning doesnt have to just mean your apartment
you can clean up your thinking and re-evaluate whether or not its worth your time
read "winning poker tournaments one hand at a time" by apestyles, rizen and pearljammer
read how their minds work
all kinds of insights into playing tiny edges and guessing right and stealing tactics
ask yourself is that who i want to be?
do i want to analyze every little nuance of this and think and talk and act like some of those guys you see on tee vee who talk about triple range merging and independent chip models letting pharses live " positive EV" slip into their non poker related convos.
is your butt really that in love with your chair?
thats a real commitment there
your butt and that chair
do you think your chair and that butt can make it work?
if you really think that your butt and that chair can make it work then go ahead and give it a go girl
otherwise
enjoy the new season
theres always gonna be poker for rainy days and winter
and until they make a beach proof laptop im afraid that my butt and this chair are going to spend some time apart
see how it goes in the real world
play a really really tight nitty style at harrahs chester
wait for the donkeys to impale themselves on my huge hands
enjoy the banter of real people without the carpal tunnel and eye strain that chatting on the computer cause

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 01:31 PM
(#12)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Thanks for all the replies. I'm not quitting poker. I'm just fed up with the PSO league. Too many donks & you just can't play real poker, which is what I seek. I don't like to multi-table because I like to pay attention to the people I am playing against. PSO gets really boring & it's just not worth the time. Been playing mostly on PS & it's just time to move on to newer places, that's all.

Dawn
If you move to other online sites. Make sure to do yourself a favor and sign up for rakeback! it is crucial for beating the system. Also take full advantage of any and all deposit and redeposit bonuses. Good Luck

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com