Old
Exclamation
? about bubble HBH hand - Thu Mar 31, 2011, 12:40 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Here's one I've never seen before.
Was railing a friend of mine that was blinded in from the BB on the bubble hand in the late PSO. In the tourney lobby, it said smallest stack was 0 well BEFORE his hand finished..... and it gave him the bubble??????

WHY?????? It should be... first out to go out is the bubble, right?????

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 12:47 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
Here's one I've never seen before.
Was railing a friend of mine that was blinded in from the BB on the bubble hand in the late PSO. In the tourney lobby, it said smallest stack was 0 well BEFORE his hand finished..... and it gave him the bubble??????

WHY?????? It should be... first out to go out is the bubble, right?????
Nope. All bubble finishes are equal. Lowest chip stack is considered the bubble. Hope this helps.

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 12:50 AM
(#3)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
thx shark.. that makes sense on here. Never been that way in any live game I've played, figured it was the same on here (well, tried to make sense of it).

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 12:52 AM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
thx shark.. that makes sense on here. Never been that way in any live game I've played, figured it was the same on here (well, tried to make sense of it).
Live Tourney the same. If 2 player bust on the same hand. It goes by chip stack. If the whole tourney is on hand for hand. Then all players to bust that hand are considered to bust at the same time. Hope this helps. GL

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 01:02 AM
(#5)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
it makes sense... but the ones i've played in IN, IL, Vegas didn't work like that.

as a matter of fact, my friend Mike got ITM once from short stack due to it (lost HBH hand).

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 01:05 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
it makes sense... but the ones i've played in IN, IL, Vegas didn't work like that.

as a matter of fact, my friend Mike got ITM once from short stack due to it (lost HBH hand).
well don't know bout all that. But it in the Tournament Directors Rules. For that organization that was started by Matt Savage and the other guy who use to direct the WSOP in the old days. TDA I think it's called. Look up TDA n Matt Savage to find the site, if you are inclined to know the rules used by most Tourney directors.

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 01:07 AM
(#7)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I'll look it up tomorrow.... and want to know, since I'm playing a wsop circuit next week.

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 01:14 AM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Quote:
I'll look it up tomorrow.... and want to know, since I'm playing a wsop circuit next week.
GL to you in the circuit. Run GOOD Run DEEP. Fart SILENTLY. BTW, just a side note. Just cuz they say they use the rules, does not mean they follow em. I know many a director that says he's part of TDA n uses those rules, but, doesn't know all the rules himself. Just FYI.

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 01:16 AM
(#9)
(Head Trainer)
In hand for hand play the finish position is determined by who started with the most chips when 2 or more bust out on the same hand, standard TDA rules and it's always been done that way in live events in Vegas that I've played in... as long as they go hand for hand. If they don't actually go hand for hand you can run into this. Most TD's who have a clue go hand for hand on the bubble now though.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com