Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

whats the best way to up my bankroll

Old
Question
whats the best way to up my bankroll - Thu Mar 31, 2011, 03:10 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
WhiteStar
hey was wondering if anyone cld help me or give me info on increasing my bankroll i have about 30 bucks i have never deposited on here and took my winnnings from the pso skill tourney and played sit n gos i now enjoy playing the 1.40 bounty knockout tourneys single table and won some of my bankroll through there but i would like to increase it more and play some bigger tourneys if i cld increase my bankroll soo just wondering if someone cld point me in a good direction on how to increase my BR or give me some good pointers i would greatly appreciate it

Bigbenski

ty

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 03:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
play as many of the .25 45 and 90 games as you can... also there are .25 $100 added games, and dont forget the napl shootouts are free and the big games are pretty easy to cash in. Thats about the safest way to build on your $30... maybe once a week take a shot at something higher like the $1.40 KO games

Old
Question
whats the best way to up my bankroll - Thu Mar 31, 2011, 03:48 PM
(#3)
WhiteStar
where do i find the .25 100 added tourneys

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 03:58 PM
(#4)
WhiteStar
hey i found it and thanks for the info

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 08:34 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by roomik17 View Post
play as many of the .25 45 and 90 games as you can... also there are .25 $100 added games, and dont forget the napl shootouts are free and the big games are pretty easy to cash in. Thats about the safest way to build on your $30... maybe once a week take a shot at something higher like the $1.40 KO games

Now the old hedgehog is going to sound a note of disagreement here. These might help you build your bankroll, but I see these games as a win-lose combination. You already heard the win, it builds the money when you are successful. I believe what makes these games a losing proposition is the lack of vpps. No matter how good you are, they cannot help you become active.

Another consideration is the time element. I do the play money 27-man sit and goes as I practice for my run at the Mercury Division. Those games run around two hours to make the money. A 45-player game has to run between 2.5 to 3 hours. I wonder if these are a viable allocation of your time.

If you must play these, do so after achieving the needed points to become active. You are having success at the $1.40 bounty games, which gives you 0.55 vpps per game. Consider grinding these games out and once you have your 20 vpps, then go the other route.

It will do you no good if you end your month between 201 and 1000 as a whitestar. However, once you are active, consider anything below $15 as reimbursing your funds. Hit that amount, or more, and you could move up in price. Don't know what the next level for the Bounty-games are, but the higher payouts and vpps should help.

As always, this is strictly my opinion. All I am saying is consider both sides of that coin.

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 08:57 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
To me the skill league is not worth the time, I am not willing to put in 60 or 70 games to win 3, 15, or maybe 30 bux... If I had the patience and the time maybe going for the top 98 would be worth it...I feel that I can win 3-5 a night just playing a few games when I want now Bigben if getting qualified is your main goal follow the hedghogs advice for sure if just making more money is your goal follow mine lol Also dont forget about the cash tables you can achieve both goals playing them

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 12:22 PM
(#7)
WhiteStar
i understand both of you but i dont understand how to become an active player how do i get my vpps up

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 02:23 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
play games with rake... the more rake you pay the more Vpp's you get

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 03:39 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
Vpps are earned through cash games that have a fee or rake.

In tournaments:
$1.00 + .10 --------- the .10 is the fee and earns vpps (the fee is after the symbol)

In ring:
20 cent pot ---------- at this level, you earn vpps for that hand. Just a reminder, you earn vpps if you fold your hand. You earn nothing by sitting out the hand. Games below the 10 cent / 20 cent level can have pots below the 20 cent minimum for a rake. If that happens, you earn no vpps.

Old
?? - Fri Apr 01, 2011, 03:48 PM
(#10)
if u can afford it- the 2.20 sattys to the sunday swarm-- used to be the 1/4 million-- have a great payout- 36 man turbos- or the ones every 25 mins-- under- tourney/cash/satellite-- get ure ticket- unreg and use the T$ - or sell them on PTP-- many folks here will testify to the fact they are a little soft-- gl-- monk-------

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 03:52 PM
(#11)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Not to lose his thread,,,what is the best way to increase a BR.
Get out there and play poker,,,start small, study bankroll management, get better over time, don't over extend your bankroll, make it last a long, long time
>Dem

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 06:18 PM
(#12)
Since: Sep 2010
If Sit & Go's are working for you, then you should stick with them for now, imo. It's great that you've established a roll without depositing, and I think you should stick with what's working for you. It's very easy to lose all your money experimenting with different game types, but if you're winning at Sit & Go's, consider staying with them until you get a bit more money. The money added tourneys are a great way to practice and build your roll, but until you have $100 or over, it might be best to avoid bigger money MTT's, since they can hurt you pretty fast if you hit a losing streak.

Old
Mon Apr 04, 2011, 05:23 PM
(#13)
Since: Apr 2010
the $1.20 9man or 6man SnG's give you 1.10vpp, play 2 to 4 at a time, if your good enough you should consistently cash in them.

Last edited by Murdoch25; Mon Apr 04, 2011 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: missed a word

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com