Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / New Members /

New here.

Old
New here. - Thu Mar 31, 2011, 06:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
WhiteStar
Hi. I've come here to learn, as most do I suppose.

Played for a while a few years back, mostly freerolls. I had a disappointing experience so dialled it back a bit and recently reacquired the bug! I would be interested in any play money home games that may be running, but I work odd shifts so wouldn't necessarily be a regular.

Enjoying my time here so far........

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 06:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ramage View Post

Played for a while a few years back, mostly freerolls. I had a disappointing experience so dialled it back a bit and recently reacquired the bug! I would be interested in any play money home games that may be running, but I work odd shifts so wouldn't necessarily be a regular.

Best of luck,Lord Ramage....I do believe that !!!111Dan has a post referring to a home game tourny for new memebers in this section...see you at the tbls......Quiver

Old
Thumbs up
I'm loving it, thanks PokerStars!!! - Thu Mar 31, 2011, 07:59 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
i just recently joined pokerstars on march 22, 2011, after a friend told me about it. At first i was struggling with getting the hang of the game, because i was familiar with no-limit hold'em but didn't know what odds, outs and a few other things were, but now i'm starting to catch on and the poker school has been a big help with it all. I played a 0.25 multi-table tournament late last night and had my best finish ever. i was put all-in several times with under 495.00 in chips and the turn and river would pull me out of a jam 3 times before i finally lost to a fullhouse, against my 3 of a kind kings. But i am excited to make it this far and i hope to improve my game with more practice. I have big dreams of becoming pro some day and i know PokerStars will be there to help me every step of the way. Thanks again PokerStars for all your help. Good luck everyone. GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read more: Blogs – Poker School Online: Learn Poker Strategy, Odds and Tells http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blo...#ixzz1IE059no6

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 04:26 AM
(#4)
WhiteStar
Thanks Quiver, for the welcome and the info.

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 08:14 AM
(#5)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi Lord Ramage and mccauleyxry and welcome to PSO...GL and see ya's around

BULLS

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 11:13 AM
(#6)
WhiteStar
Cheers Bulls.

Old
Cool
Hello everyone!!!! - Sat Apr 02, 2011, 07:57 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
thanks for the welcome, BullseyeCoa. its been great here so far. I'm still learning the rules though. Got in trouble for cursing in my text at a table last night so i guess i better clean up my text a little, huh? lol. I am still very green when it comes to all the math thats involved in this game, with odds, outs, pot odds etc. kind of confusing. I'm surprised i passed all the quizes except the MTT Quiz. Playing poker online is alot different than at the table, as you can't read your opponent as easy, because you can't see there face or body. But i'm learning to read there betting style, bluff, reraise and such, so hopefully these tells will help me improve my game.. GL everyone, see ya at the table!!! P.S: sorry for cursing at the table PokerStars, it won't happen again>

Last edited by mccauleyxry; Sat Apr 02, 2011 at 08:01 PM..

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 11:05 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
welcome LR and MC

we have play chip tourneys on saturdays if you're interested

the invite is in the home game forums titled "joker's wild"
or you can pm me and i'll send the invite

and MC cussing is allowed as long as it isn't in a hostile manner towards others

Old
Mon Apr 04, 2011, 01:31 PM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ramage View Post

Welcome to the pso and the forum Lord!
Lots of great people in this community, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Be sure to look through all the tabs above to understand, and take advantage of, everything. ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt.quiver View Post
Best of luck,Lord Ramage....I do believe that !!!111Dan has a post referring to a home game tourny for new memebers in this section...see you at the tbls......Quiver
Look in the home games forum for this LR. To get there easily, click the gray Go To tab above here, and from the drop menu, select the Home Games forum. Look at the top thread that is "stickied" from JT Sooooted, called "All home games posted here" for a lot of games looking for players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccauleyxry View Post
i just recently joined pokerstars on march 22, 2011, after a friend told me about it. At first i was struggling with getting the hang of the game, because i was familiar with no-limit hold'em but didn't know what odds, outs and a few other things were, but now i'm starting to catch on and the poker school has been a big help with it all. I played a 0.25 multi-table tournament late last night and had my best finish ever. i was put all-in several times with under 495.00 in chips and the turn and river would pull me out of a jam 3 times before i finally lost to a fullhouse, against my 3 of a kind kings. But i am excited to make it this far and i hope to improve my game with more practice. I have big dreams of becoming pro some day and i know PokerStars will be there to help me every step of the way. Thanks again PokerStars for all your help. Good luck everyone. GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read more: Blogs – Poker School Online: Learn Poker Strategy, Odds and Tells http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blo...#ixzz1IE059no6
Welcome mc !!
Live training has been great, so if you can, be sure to attend these. Lots of friendly, helpful people here, so enjoy it!

I'll be sending you both a pm.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com