Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Why Run the Clock Out?

Old
Cool
Why Run the Clock Out? - Thu Mar 31, 2011, 11:00 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Is there a purpose for running the clock out every single time one folds? I don't get it......

Old
Thu Mar 31, 2011, 11:05 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
Its all about moving up the standings or maintaining your rank.

If you are stuck at a table with a player that is shoving and calling every hand,you time down to make your chips last longer.

Old
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
yes, especially if there are antes. Every place you get in these, you get more league pts.

Old
(#4)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
To do it from the start of the game to the end as some people do is foolish. But the clock can be your friend if you're understacked or near the button. It allows people at other tables to get knocked out, thus giving you a higher finish.

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 10:18 AM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by autodafe20 View Post
To do it from the start of the game to the end as some people do is foolish. But the clock can be your friend if you're understacked or near the button. It allows people at other tables to get knocked out, thus giving you a higher finish.
Absolutely Foolish I tell ya. Moronic I think. -shark

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 11:08 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post
Absolutely Foolish I tell ya. Moronic I think. -shark
As spoken by the master

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 11:19 AM
(#7)
BronzeStar
i run the clock down so i can have more time to drink.

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 11:22 AM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveArtist View Post
i run the clock down so i can have more time to drink.

lol.......hiccup....me also

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 12:16 PM
(#9)
Well last month I ran the clock down from start to finish and this month I didnt start running clock till after the first 30-45 min.

I believe my drop from 1st to over 300 is partially due to this experiment.

I will now run the clock from the begginning once again!

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 12:55 PM
(#10)
BronzeStar
It seems to make others on the table a little edgy....and that's always fun

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 01:11 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaCeK1cKeR View Post
It seems to make others on the table a little edgy....and that's always fun
I try to always apologize if possible. I once ran into a gentleman who told me he doesn't get to play very ofter due to RL obligations. So, this is a free poker fix for him. I can understand where he is coming from so, I apologized and let him know why I was doing it. Seemed to take it ok after that.

Old
?? - Fri Apr 01, 2011, 01:58 PM
(#12)
This is the deal- made fun of shark and others for succin the clock like Jenna Jamison- was a pride issue for me- and etiquette also-- most i made in the PSO- $50-- have won 4 tourneys- and many FTs-- decided to be a clock pimp this month after week 1-- look where i finished- i didnt change 1 thing about the way i play- EXCEPT if i was short- couldnt catch a double early-- i drained that clock like a dry desert-- not to make plus points-- to minimize the negative points-!!!

And thats all i have to say about that ! buch of CHICKENS - chicken salad--- chicken --------------------------------------------------

p.s-- i dont do it till first break- like to see as many hands as possible- before the antes kik in---

Last edited by monkeyskunk4; Fri Apr 01, 2011 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: ps

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 03:57 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
Well I will continue being a "foolish moron".

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 04:01 PM
(#14)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Suckin' the clock like Jenna Jameson.

Good one Monk!

And you don't need to suck clock to do well in this league. I made it to #20 without doing any of that (except when I was on my knees praying not to get knocked out).

I finished in 16th though...

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 04:09 PM
(#15)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
im a milker now 2 clock runners UNITE

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 04:43 PM
(#16)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Ahhhh, I see! Agree or disagree, all valid reasons I suppose.

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 10:51 PM
(#17)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
The way I understand it from the veterans is that the PSO League is the only form of poker that you want to see less hands so that your skill advantage cannot manifest itself.

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 01:47 AM
(#18)
Since: Aug 2010
You have to think of PSO's as a satellite tourney. Period. With the extra kicker that there is a points-based leaderboard for the month,so that EVERY PSO you play is intertwined with every other one,be the result good,bad or indifferent. And the simple truth is that every hand that you can stay in roughly 12.5 runners peel off on average,this number is higher early in the tournament and lower later but trust me on this--EVERY person that peels off before you in each tournament matters. There are players here who have missed a higher cash payout level (or on the other hand squeaked into a higher cash payout level) by less than .25 points. That can probably be broken down to outlasting something like 30-40 players over the course of the entire month,aggregate. Or to be literal,stalling 5 or 6 more hands. Over the course of the entire month.

Quite simply,given the parameters that PSO set up the league under players grind the clock for one simple reason-----

IT WORKS.

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 01:51 AM
(#19)
BronzeStar
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 02:01 AM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
You have to think of PSO's as a satellite tourney. Period. With the extra kicker that there is a points-based leaderboard for the month,so that EVERY PSO you play is intertwined with every other one,be the result good,bad or indifferent. And the simple truth is that every hand that you can stay in roughly 12.5 runners peel off on average,this number is higher early in the tournament and lower later but trust me on this--EVERY person that peels off before you in each tournament matters. There are players here who have missed a higher cash payout level (or on the other hand squeaked into a higher cash payout level) by less than .25 points. That can probably be broken down to outlasting something like 30-40 players over the course of the entire month,aggregate. Or to be literal,stalling 5 or 6 more hands. Over the course of the entire month.

Quite simply,given the parameters that PSO set up the league under players grind the clock for one simple reason-----

IT WORKS.
Yes.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com