Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

buying chips

Old
buying chips - Fri Apr 01, 2011, 12:21 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
I still cannot buy chips. The cashier won't let me use e-checks and I cannot use my Master Card in my state of Louisiana, USA. What to do? I need help, because I cannot play if I cannot buy in to a game. Can somebody help?

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 12:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by kings&que639 View Post
I still cannot buy chips. The cashier won't let me use e-checks and I cannot use my Master Card in my state of Louisiana, USA. What to do? I need help, because I cannot play if I cannot buy in to a game. Can somebody help?
Hi,,,I ran into the same situation here in upstate NY. I'll forward the Email info that PS sent me..I had to use Western Union. This is what they recommended:

Here is the information I promised to send you in our chat conversation earlier.

Before your start a Western Union deposit please take into consideration that:

-You may deposit from 100 USD to 1000 USD.

-Deposits must be made in cash; deposits made with cards will be rejected.

-Payments will be processed every day from 9:30am to 11:30pm ET.

Please follow these steps in order to complete your deposit:

o From our Cashier, click on "Buy Chips", select Western Union and click on
"Deposit".

o Click on "Request Instructions". We will send you an email with the receiver's
information. Every time you do a new deposit you must request new information.
This information will be valid for 48 hours.

o Take the instructions to the Western Union agency and send the cash. To find
the closest agency, please visit: www.westernunion.com/info/selectCountry.asp.

o Once the funds have been sent, go back to our Cashier, click on "Buy Chips",
select Western Union and click on "Deposit".

o This time select "Enter Western Union MTCN" and enter your 10-digit Money
Transfer Control Number (MTCN) that Western Union gave you.

If your deposit is made during the hours we previously mentioned, it will take
us approximately one hour to credit the funds into your PokerStars account.

Other players have found that it is easier to deposit with Instant eChecks,
which is an electronic check. It is done entirely online and it is free of
charge.

To learn more about Instant eChecks please visit:
www.pokerstars.com/poker/real-money/echecks/.

Please let us know if there is anything else we may assist you with. Thank you
for choosing PokerStars.

Regards,

Adrianna A.
PokerStars Deposit Assistance Team

>Dem

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 11:26 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
PS is really quirky about deposits, I deposited last yr, January of this yr, but February they would not accept e-checks from my state(Indiana) PS said it was their fault this happened blah blah blah...all the time i was allowed to load money via echeck on virtually any other site I wanted to play at, I skipped playing in February on PS, by the end of February, they took e-checks again, so i made a large deposit, and within 10 days it had cleared my bank, which was a record for PS taking money from my bank.
Good Luck with all.
Hunt2day

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 03:25 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Be careul with Western Union. They don't accept WU from all states. Last month they did, but this month. Things are different at this craphole.

JT

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 03:30 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Thanks,,,I deposited via WU in mid January,,,it went pretty smooth,,,,,still got my BR so I haven't deposited since then,,,,

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 03:49 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMONTIS7 View Post
Thanks,,,I deposited via WU in mid January,,,it went pretty smooth,,,,,still got my BR so I haven't deposited since then,,,,
Approved states changed in mid Feb. You had better check first if you ever need to deposit again.

Just a heads up.

JT

Old
Fri Apr 01, 2011, 03:54 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
approved for what,,,E checks? Is NY on that list?

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 04:32 PM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2010
I have had no trouble with Western Union deposits so far....knock on wood(my head) .I am not as good a player as most of you seem to be... my Bankroll is not stable and neither is my poker playing....lol ...have drastically changed from wanting to be a good player to just wanting to play for the enjoyment ...and yes that does happen more frequently than the winning.it's a good game!

Last edited by DaleEliz; Sun Apr 03, 2011 at 04:34 PM..

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 05:47 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMONTIS7 View Post
approved for what,,,E checks? Is NY on that list?
PS does not take E-checks from NY anymore

as for WU I think you can still use this option from NY but use cash a credit or debit card will cause you problems

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com