Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Rules Test- is it time yet??

Old
Rules Test- is it time yet?? - Sat Apr 02, 2011, 10:31 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
In light of the recent events-and the events from other months-- STAFF- do you believe YET -- that it it is to implement a test on the card room rules, to continue playing in this league???

And please everyone- if you respond to this thread- do not convolute it with trash as you may have an issue with me-- okay-- this is serious- and needs to dealt with---

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 10:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Do your chickens worship cyclops?

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 10:50 AM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
In light of the recent events-and the events from other months-- STAFF- do you believe YET -- that it it is to implement a test on the card room rules, to continue playing in this league???

And please everyone- if you respond to this thread- do not convolute it with trash as you may have an issue with me-- okay-- this is serious- and needs to dealt with---
Sadly, a rules test is long overdue around here.

Even though ignorance of the rules is no excuse for breaking the rules, a little reinforcement doesn't hurt.

Of course, I think you're wasting your time monk, though I applaud your effort. Legitimate suggestions, ideas, and constructive criticisms aren't exactly welcomed around here.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 10:58 AM
(#4)
I wonder if the PSO staffers have other jobs besides modding this site? I imagine they do. You could probably email PSO support if you think that the suggestions thread isn't getting enough attention.

Old
?? - Sat Apr 02, 2011, 11:29 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Do your chickens worship cyclops?
you have been absolutely- positively starin at the langoliers avatar - way toooooooo long-- if you picked up on the 1 eyed chicken Panicky-- omg-- imma laffin out loud as i type this-- u da best man-- Dave has ure # huge- dont be playin any pots with him in the near future--

And Suggs- what else can i do but try man-- so TY-- mod shut that thread down- so now i cant even post the results Pstars is gonna send me from their review-- And- i recieved yet another "infraction" in this forum-- which is apparently more severe than a "warning" - so like i said -- what else can i do but take the high road - and accept the fact- that many times - logic is left unheard by the few-- even when the masses say otherwise-- gl all-- Monk...

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 11:30 AM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Sure a rules test is long overdue, but I feel as long as they are getting the rake they could care less about rules... look at the post a multi here by cpt. quiver.... bogweed shows possible evidence of 2 pokerstars pros with dual accounts... and if you speak to PSO-staff like he is dirt under your fingernails you definitely wont get anywhere. The pso seems to be more interested in policing the forum posts than enforcing the rules on the tables... cause if we are banned from here we can still pay rake at the tables

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 11:51 AM
(#7)
I think it's like asking the chief of police to fire a paramedic. They show up to work in a lot of the same places, but they don't work for the same department.

And if I see Dave at any of my tables, I'm definitely not going gung-ho about playing pots with the guy.

Old
and again- - Sat Apr 02, 2011, 11:53 AM
(#8)
Staff-- wake up-- i went to see my friend Ringos67 at a table- to say hi- and ridicule him about his naked dog avatar- and offer him a gesture-- was there 2 minutes -- 2 fn minutes man--

indulge yourself-- maxthecat announces to the table that he/she folded the effective nuts-- comon man--------------------------

PokerStars Game #60214061179: Tournament #379718567, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level IX (200/400) - 2011/04/02 11:30:56 ET
Table '379718567 97' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: Blathain (5426 in chips)
Seat 2: maxthecat55 (6580 in chips)
Seat 3: PaidInFull6 (8056 in chips)
Seat 4: noles31750 (1640 in chips)
Seat 5: delgrafton (12290 in chips)
Seat 6: ringos67 (3565 in chips)
Seat 7: steppy117 (2890 in chips)
Seat 8: voodoo96 (850 in chips)
Seat 9: PROBOND (4067 in chips)
Blathain: posts the ante 50
maxthecat55: posts the ante 50
PaidInFull6: posts the ante 50
noles31750: posts the ante 50
delgrafton: posts the ante 50
ringos67: posts the ante 50
steppy117: posts the ante 50
voodoo96: posts the ante 50
PROBOND: posts the ante 50
maxthecat55: posts small blind 200
PaidInFull6: posts big blind 400
*** HOLE CARDS ***
noles31750: folds
delgrafton: folds
ringos67: folds
voodoo96 said, "lol"
steppy117: folds
ringos67 said, "lol u should see me now"
delgrafton said, "do it"
voodoo96: folds
PROBOND: calls 400
ringos67 said, "lmao trudat"
Blathain: calls 400
maxthecat55: folds
ringos67 said, "over compensation?"
PaidInFull6: checks
*** FLOP *** [Ah 3h 4d]
maxthecat55 said, "foled 2,5"
ringos67 said, "i do at that ; )"
PROBOND: checks
Blathain: checks
*** TURN *** [Ah 3h 4d] [Ts]
ringos67 said, "brb"
PROBOND: bets 400
PaidInFull6: folds
*** RIVER *** [Ah 3h 4d Ts] [Jd]
PROBOND: bets 400
maxthecat55 said, "hit return too soon"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PROBOND: shows [Ac Th] (two pair, Aces and Tens)
Blathain: mucks hand
PROBOND collected 3450 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3450 | Rake 0
Board [Ah 3h 4d Ts Jd]
Seat 1: Blathain (button) mucked
Seat 2: maxthecat55 (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: PaidInFull6 (big blind) folded on the Turn
Seat 4: noles31750 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: delgrafton folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: ringos67 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: steppy117 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: voodoo96 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: PROBOND showed [Ac Th] and won (3450) with two pair, Aces and Tens

excuse or not- hit return too soon- the hand was played slow-- DO SOME THING- or i stop playin and police this friggan place 4 you-- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 12:38 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Staff-- wake up-- i went to see my friend Ringos67 at a table- to say hi- and ridicule him about his naked dog avatar- and offer him a gesture-- was there 2 minutes -- 2 fn minutes man--

indulge yourself-- maxthecat announces to the table that he/she folded the effective nuts-- comon man--------------------------

excuse or not- hit return too soon- the hand was played slow-- DO SOME THING- or i stop playin and police this friggan place 4 you-- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monkey, you need to get one thing straight
PSO and PokerStar are 2 different things
PSO is responsible for what ever goes on here in forum, school, promotions etc
PokerStar is responsible for the game
Yes PSO is somehow related to PokerStar
Same goes for the staff, they take care of issues with the league, website, not PokerStar problems. They might assist you with an issue with PokerStar, but they can't solve those issues.
What ever goes on at a table or basically on PokerStar has to be taken to PokerStar. The latest example you just gave, PSO as nothing to do with it, only PokerStar can deal with it.
PSO can take a decision based on a PokerStar decision, for example, if a situation is found to be in violation by PokerStar and a player is banned, then PSO can take a decision on ranking, money and banning a player

As an ex PokerStar staff, I can tell you that we had rules to follow and they were very strict. Everything reported to PokerStar during a game is looked at and acted upon

In your complaints, you should add that a copy of the answer be forwarded to PSO. Also you got to understand that if PokerStar only gave a warning to the player because it was his first infraction, PSO can't give worst and if they aren't aware of PokerStar's decision, how can they act upon it.

All this to say, I agree with you that something as to be done and it's very frustrating, but PSO is not PokerStar. I think that PSO-Staff could do much much better, they could:
Implement a new course and exam for newbies on rules and ethics
Be more visible in forums and especially with the suggestion thread
Talk to some top players before inserting new promotions
and much more

Report any activity which goes against PokerStar rules immediately to support with a copy to PSO for follow up with PokerStar's response

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 12:42 PM
(#10)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
If nothing else. Edit the Core Quiz to have a couple ?? on rules and regs. It would be a quick and easy fix. Not perfect, but, hey what is. My 2 cents. (and I want it back) -shark

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 12:46 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Monkey, think you are over-reacting here. Rule breakers are EVERYWHERE on Pokerstars. You need to report the rule violations to pokerstars and let them deal with it or not deal with it as they normally do. Adding a rules test might change a few people in the way they play but either people will cheat or they won't, knowledge or not. They already make people take a core quiz to play in the PSO and many hundreds play as if they never saw one question on that quiz. I believe the same would happen with a rules quiz. People would pass it and do what they want. And pokerstars will give them a slap on the wrist if they are caught breaking one.

And thinking the staff will do something??? How long have you been in the PSO?? You have a better chance of Daniel himself entering and winning a month of the skill league before the staff will do something about rule breakers.

I am not condoning what some people say and do in this league and around pokerstars but I have been around long enough to know that as long as they are making money then a few rules violations do not matter in the grand scheme of things. Not the best system but it seems to work great for pokerstars. Complaining about in the forums will be as productive as that wonderful suggestion thread they have. Just a waste of time.

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 12:51 PM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2010
I think the crux of a lot of the problems that arise with regards to the Skill League and its administration is the lack of clarity as what it is and who's responsibility it is.

Because its full title is the "PSO Skill League" the majority assume that in its entirity it is part of PSO and therefore PSO Staff have some form of control and adminstration.

I think the reality is that PSO Staff are limited to managing the web-site and re-arranging the furniture, their input into the League being restricted to correlating results and posting the standings.

The League is nothing but a series of low prize freerolls run and adminstered like every other game on PokerStars, the results of these individual games are number crunched by PSO Staff into a monthly table.

Normally leagues, whether they be poker, basketball, football or tiddlywinks will have their own set of league rules, these league rules will normally have codes of conduct and details of disciplinary actions the league will impose for breaches of league rules.

The problem the Skill League has is that there are no league rules, only the PokerStars rules that apply across the board. As it is a league format the disciplinary actions that are normally adequate in the general scheme of things can be on occasions seen as weak and unsatisfactory as far as the league goes.

This I cannot see ever being resolved unless a seperate League Administration was established where all violations by players during Skill League games were reported to them to deal with in accordance with the league rules and not to PokerStars general administration.

The truth is that the time, effort and possible expense of creating such an administration is not viable to PokerStars and that the current imperfections of the present system are tolerable.

Unfortunately for players in the league who have large emotional investments in a months worth of play, not to mention potential significant financial gains to make, will view any breach of rules by another player that may result in them achieving advancement in the league with far less tolerance.

What I think has exasperated the situation further is the lack of a clear response on the whole matter and the closure of a thread that was opening up the wider issue for discussion.

It may be that PSO Staff are unable to give a definitve response because if they are not responsible for administration of the league and are indeed entirely powerless and have no answers to give, if this is the case then a clear statement to that effect would have been far more productive than skirting the issue before closing down the discussion.

Whilst I doubt that any change can or will be made to how the league is administered I sincerely hope that concerns and views of the membership are not discarded or treat with contempt and if nothing else a statement made clearly explaining how the league is indeed administered and the limitations of PSO Staff within that administration.

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 12:57 PM
(#13)
Since: Nov 2010
BronzeStar
Bogweed, Great Post.

Yes, a simple answer of, " We have no power, or authority over the league, and can only make suggestions to PokerStars" on the part of PSO Administration would help us understand exactly how to deal with issues to come.

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 01:01 PM
(#14)
Since: May 2010
BronzeStar
collusion is collusion and needs 2 be dealt with theres alot of happened again on my last table monk maybe post a simple rules violation list that are common mistakes by those who dont know any better gl with this

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 01:03 PM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkatack89 View Post
Bogweed, Great Post.

Yes, a simple answer of, " We have no power, or authority over the league, and can only make suggestions to PokerStars" on the part of PSO Administration would help us understand exactly how to deal with issues to come.
Wrong, They have power over the league, they DON'T have power over PokerStar
It's the same as the HomGames, you can have all the rules you want with your HomeGames, but since you are using PokerStar for the software, PokerStar rules apply first then yours.
The same goes for the Twitter League and Facebook league or any other league

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 01:05 PM
(#16)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
where did your star go?

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 01:12 PM
(#17)
I agree with the a section on the rules in the quiz.

Look at the (Possible) multi-accounters right now.

reddogg923 - reddogg953, mangos 171 - mangos 172, AKspade47 - AKspade47u

Cheers,

Email sent to support.

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 01:40 PM
(#18)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
Monkey, you need to get one thing straight
PSO and PokerStar are 2 different things
PSO is responsible for what ever goes on here in forum, school, promotions etc
PokerStar is responsible for the game
Yes PSO is somehow related to PokerStar
Same goes for the staff, they take care of issues with the league, website, not PokerStar problems. They might assist you with an issue with PokerStar, but they can't solve those issues.
What ever goes on at a table or basically on PokerStar has to be taken to PokerStar. The latest example you just gave, PSO as nothing to do with it, only PokerStar can deal with it.
PSO can take a decision based on a PokerStar decision, for example, if a situation is found to be in violation by PokerStar and a player is banned, then PSO can take a decision on ranking, money and banning a player

As an ex PokerStar staff, I can tell you that we had rules to follow and they were very strict. Everything reported to PokerStar during a game is looked at and acted upon

In your complaints, you should add that a copy of the answer be forwarded to PSO. Also you got to understand that if PokerStar only gave a warning to the player because it was his first infraction, PSO can't give worst and if they aren't aware of PokerStar's decision, how can they act upon it.

All this to say, I agree with you that something as to be done and it's very frustrating, but PSO is not PokerStar. I think that PSO-Staff could do much much better, they could:
Implement a new course and exam for newbies on rules and ethics
Be more visible in forums and especially with the suggestion thread
Talk to some top players before inserting new promotions
and much more

Report any activity which goes against PokerStar rules immediately to support with a copy to PSO for follow up with PokerStar's response

Old
?? - Sat Apr 02, 2011, 03:14 PM
(#19)
Sandtrap-- omg- ive repoted all- and ALL TIMES-- FN ALL TIMES- THE PLAYER HAS RECIEVED A WARNING-- ALL M F TIMES- U WANT MY EMAIL ADDY I FREELY GIVE-- these instances are worth more than a warining-- i respect your comments-- yet i doubt your vigor to follow though-- i on the other hand- am putting my name- my integrity-- and indeed my poker ability-- OUT there - for all to attack-- tell me i am wrong--!! go ahead -- tell me-- yet u better back it up man!!!!!!!!!-- gl -monk..................

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 03:32 PM
(#20)
Quote:
Sandtrap-- omg- ive repoted all- and ALL TIMES-- FN ALL TIMES- THE PLAYER HAS RECIEVED A WARNING-- ALL M F TIMES- U WANT MY EMAIL ADDY I FREELY GIVE-- these instances are worth more than a warining-- i respect your comments-- yet i doubt your vigor to follow though-- i on the other hand- am putting my name- my integrity-- and indeed my poker ability-- OUT there - for all to attack-- tell me i am wrong--!! go ahead -- tell me-- yet u better back it up man!!!!!!!!!-- gl -monk..................
Hey monkey, I never said you didn't send them an email and NO I don't need your email ADDY
WHAT PART OF MY POST DIDN'T YOU UNDERSTAND?????
PSO has no say on what happens on POKERSTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And like I said, they have rules to follow

If I remember right, here are the steps taken for POKERSTAR
Warning, Formal warning, then suspension for 3 hrs, 1 day, week, more weeks, month, etc
All this depends on the severity of the infractions

Your problem is with POKERSTAR NOT PSO

If POKERSTAR removes the 1 cent or 2 cent from the player for breaking a rule, then PSO would have to get involve in a decision

Hope you now understand

Last edited by Sandtrap777; Sat Apr 02, 2011 at 03:35 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com