Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Sit Outs

Old
Exclamation
Sit Outs - Sat Apr 02, 2011, 02:55 PM
(#1)
The Hab's Avatar
Since: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Hi all !!!
I don't know if this issue has been discussed before but I find that sit outs alter the game to a certain extent. People register in the tourney and don't play a single hand others accumulate a decent stack and then sitout for the rest of the tourney to finish in the pôints and sometimes in the money. I know because I tried it and made 9.55 pts.

So I suggest that sitouts be knocked out of the tourney after 10 minutes of innacivity; this would be showing respect for the grinders like myself and others who play for the duration of the tourneys.

Thank you

The Habumbup

Feedback is appreciated
 
Old
Default
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 02:56 PM
(#2)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,814
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
as soon as the throttles kick in..... they'll lose pts, not gain them.

you also can sitout as long as you want in live tournies too.
 
Old
Default
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 03:13 PM
(#3)
oriholic's Avatar
Since: Oct 2010
Posts: 751
BronzeStar
So what if I want to play but just show up late? Sometimes I'll register for the late night PSO, but I don't get home until 50 minutes in. I figure that the 300-500 chips I lose (highly variable and dependent on your tables) aren't always too much to sacrifice in effort to gain some points. And until that time, I'm dead money! Free for anyone to attack.

The old full proof PSO cashing strategy was to build a stack of about 7k and sit out. This was enough to make the money consistently. I used to enter PSOs an hour before I had to leave for work, build a 9k stack, sit, and come home to find my account balance had increased by 2 cents. Now you need more to make the 10% ITM especially with so many players stalling. Still, sitting out hurts no one, especially that deep, except the sitter. By sitting you miss out on opportunities to grow your stack, but at the same time have no risk of missing the cash.
 
Old
Default
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 07:35 PM
(#4)
IroncladMerc's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 581
Ok, how many other ppl besides me think that building a 7-9k stack is not that easy? 99% of games I play I'm lucky to double up. The other 1% I get lucky and get a big stack.
 
Old
Default
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 07:39 PM
(#5)
JWK24's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 24,814
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by IroncladMerc View Post
Ok, how many other ppl besides me think that building a 7-9k stack is not that easy? 99% of games I play I'm lucky to double up. The other 1% I get lucky and get a big stack.
it can be easy sometimes if you play OSM bingo and get lucky a couple hands in a row.
 
Old
Default
?? - Sat Apr 02, 2011, 07:39 PM
(#6)
monkeyskunk4's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hab View Post
Hi all !!!
I don't know if this issue has been discussed before but I find that sit outs alter the game to a certain extent. People register in the tourney and don't play a single hand others accumulate a decent stack and then sitout for the rest of the tourney to finish in the pôints and sometimes in the money. I know because I tried it and made 9.55 pts.

So I suggest that sitouts be knocked out of the tourney after 10 minutes of innacivity; this would be showing respect for the grinders like myself and others who play for the duration of the tourneys.

Thank you

The Habumbup

Feedback is appreciated
hey hab man-- if u gonna play in this league-- get used to it - deal with it-- and most importantly-- take ADVANTAGE of it-- honest !! gl -- MONK.........
 
Old
Default
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 06:22 AM
(#7)
wwwMBeecouk's Avatar
Since: Aug 2010
Posts: 690
BronzeStar
I had 16k chips in the last pso I played. She Who Must Be Obeyed 'asked' me to watch a film with the family. Cool by me. I sat out and enjoyed reading my congratulatory email a couple of hours later.

MB
 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com