Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

When will i learn?

Old
When will i learn? - Sat Apr 02, 2011, 11:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
BronzeStar
when will i learn that when i flop a straight ....DONT BET!!!!

i should be used to these RNG set ups. from now on i will check these to the river.

everytime this happens the another person has flopped the upper straight.

once i play on a site for a while i can get the feel of the RNG. PDC has their constant 95%-5% suck out wins that happen WAY TOO MUCH.

tilt has those weak all in aggressives that cant seem to miss no matter what they hold and so far...stars has got the flopped str8 curse...for me at least.

when will i learn to check my big hands. making money on them is futile.

i think most of those poker books are wrong sometimes. as its the loose weak players that seem to cash... or at least get set up to have a good shot at cashing...until they fall victim by chance to that aggressiveness.

playing tight has gotten me nowhere.

yes...this post was made as im on tilt.

Old
Sat Apr 02, 2011, 11:26 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by magunga_mike View Post
when will i learn that when i flop a straight ....dont bet!!!!

I should be used to these rng set ups. From now on i will check these to the river.

Everytime this happens the another person has flopped the upper straight.

Once i play on a site for a while i can get the feel of the rng. Pdc has their constant 95%-5% suck out wins that happen way too much.

Tilt has those weak all in aggressives that cant seem to miss no matter what they hold and so far...stars has got the flopped str8 curse...for me at least.

When will i learn to check my big hands. Making money on them is futile.

I think most of those poker books are wrong sometimes. As its the loose weak players that seem to cash... Or at least get set up to have a good shot at cashing...until they fall victim by chance to that aggressiveness.

Playing tight has gotten me nowhere.

Yes...this post was made as im on tilt.
so your telling me it's rigged ???

Go ducks

Old
holy moly - Sat Apr 02, 2011, 11:33 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
okay mike- or i will call u alicia from now on-- works better for me ok?--

Dude you absolutely and 100% correct - that you are tilted-- and it really doesnt matter that you flopped the idiot END of a str8-- what matters is why you got involved with that hand in the first place-- thoughts like- okay i will set mine-- or play suited connectors- are great pre flop-- yet with out a plan- and position-- well sir-- sounds to me like you are playing cards- NOT POKER- if you are relying on cards to make your money-- - well please come to my house-- -- honest dude-- poker aint cards-- it just isnt- !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 10:27 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemetdennis View Post
so your telling me it's rigged ???

Go ducks

NO not at all.

if you noticed the thread title. i was frustrated with myself in that i keep losing these kind of hands. Meaning basically, i shouldve seen it coming. Just like with the 95% advantages that to me, seem to hit too much and im not the only one there on that site who notices. thats all. was just venting a little frustration of why i keep doing this. ( isnt that what this section is for)?

All desicions and results are from MY actions. No matter what the site or hand im in.

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 10:36 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
okay mike- or i will call u alicia from now on-- works better for me ok?--

Dude you absolutely and 100% correct - that you are tilted-- and it really doesnt matter that you flopped the idiot END of a str8-- what matters is why you got involved with that hand in the first place-- thoughts like- okay i will set mine-- or play suited connectors- are great pre flop-- yet with out a plan- and position-- well sir-- sounds to me like you are playing cards- NOT POKER- if you are relying on cards to make your money-- - well please come to my house-- -- honest dude-- poker aint cards-- it just isnt- !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You may be right in that i may do this. i think sometimes i just get caught up in finally catching a decent hand to where i think i actually might make some money and then the heartbreak. was just frustrated because its happened quite a bit recently. So, in saying that. i came here vented and moved on. In fact, i put an end to the night shortly thereafter so as to not TILT my money away like i used to do.

It wont affect my next session... if it does come up again, i hope i will recognize the situation a little better to avoid the same result and just let the hand go if i feel im on the sucker side again.

Would LOVE to play "cards" or poker with you man...LOL. But you wolkd be able to outstake me and then i would have no BR.

Maybe you could teach me something ...BESIDES how to lose my bankroll.... hehe.

Anyways, i didnt mean it to sound like i was making another "site rigged" claim as that wasnt my intent. As i said above, its MY actions or lack of recognition in a particular hand that affects the outcomes or limits the losses.

Im trying to work on the mental game and being able to read players/betting patterns.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com