Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Students Required for the Fantasy League.

Old
Students Required for the Fantasy League. - Sun Apr 03, 2011, 07:05 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
How seriously do you take the PSO League? Do you give it your best shot but find yourself falling a little short of where you'd like to finish? Would you welcome a bit of assistance to get you over the line? If so, I have a proposition for you.

I'm looking for three people to include in my Fantasy Team for the league that ericnnancy will be running this month. You must have finished between 101st and 500th in March and be committed to playing at least 40 games in April. I am offering to shadow you in a number of league games and offer some guidance on what you may currently be doing wrong in order to get you into the $50 bracket for this month. You have nothing to lose and possibly, make that definitely, a good few $ to gain.

The team has to be submitted by Midnight EDT tonight. If you want to be considered for inclusion in the team, please post your details here by 7pm EDT so that I have time to consider the applications and finalise the line up.

Please don't apply unless you are willing to change your game, or it will be a pointless exercise for both of us.

Last edited by Darkman61; Sun Apr 03, 2011 at 07:07 AM..

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 10:20 AM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
I have set this up perfectly. However, I do not fall into your below 500 slots. But, if you are willing to field a person above the 500 slot. I may be your man. Past is the past and I am willing to learn anything and everything Sir. GL to you and your choices.

JT

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 11:00 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
BronzeStar
I will be the biggest surprise of April. The most improved player of the month. Pick me, and you won't be disappointed. However, i don't need help from you.

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 11:03 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
I would be down, always glad to try and improve.

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 11:05 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdTiger View Post
I will be the biggest surprise of April. The most improved player of the month. Pick me, and you won't be disappointed. However, i don't need help from you.
A man such as Darkman61 may have expected this kind of comment from me. GL with your chance.

JT

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 11:07 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaidInFull6 View Post
I would be down, always glad to try and improve.
I can see this building nicely Darkman61 and I am not doing the research you will be doing to see that.

GL Paid!

JT

Old
?? - Sun Apr 03, 2011, 11:07 AM
(#7)
edit--

Last edited by monkeyskunk4; Sun Apr 03, 2011 at 11:09 AM..

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 12:52 PM
(#8)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
What an opportunity!
I fit the criteria...except...can't commit to 40 tourneys.
My loss.

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 01:36 PM
(#9)
BronzeStar
put me down, i want to be in...no problem with being ur apprentice..i can use 50 bucks a month instead of 5 ..tx

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 02:03 PM
(#10)
im in

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 02:14 PM
(#11)
if you still have any room. im interested

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 02:39 PM
(#12)
Dman i always see you up there month after month so you must be doing something right and have something to offer

i would be willing to listen and play 40 games and i'm active this month (my 2nd since being here)
most of the games would be played towards the end of the month

january was my last time active and failed to make top 1k falling just shy at 1005 i think

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 05:11 PM
(#13)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
Hey Darkman,
I fit the bill if you will have me. My goal is to finish in the top ten, and any assistance I can get from a good player such as yourself would be appreciated.

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 05:30 PM
(#14)
Since: Nov 2007
Hi Darkman,

I hope that I have not left it too late to apply but I would really be up for this.

March was really my first month playing PSO seriously and I finished 283rd. I was really pleased with the result but know that it could have been much better. I had a mixture of luck good and bad but I know that I have some flaws in my game that need to be eradicated and areas that need to be improved.

Sometimes I know that I am beat, in many instances I virtually know the exact hand my opponent/opponents have but just cannot resist going on to see what they have.

I am weak on odds, probabilities and EV and really need to improve in this area. Knowing people's cards is one thing but being able to classify an opponent's style is quite difficult for me. I end up having "be careful" in so many player's notes that I am in danger of becoming a complete nit and only playing premium hands. Fear is another factor that complicates my decision making. there are many times i know that I should bluff the pot but the fear of being called nullifies what would be the correct play.

Finally consistency is a really weak area: one hand I call or raise immediately, others i use as much of the clock as possible. It may confuse my opponents but it confuses me as well.

There are a lot of leaks in my game but I would give 100% to apply any knowledge that you deemed worthwhile to pass on.

And I would just like to add that it is very decent of you that you are willing to offer your advice and experience to other members of the league and forum whether I make the cut or not.

Thanks,

TC

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 07:08 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
That's it. Time's up.

Thank you to all those who applied here or via pm. I'll be sorting through the applicants over the next few hours to establish who most closely matches the profile of who I'm trying to help.

If you're not chosen, please don't take it personally. There are only three places available and it may well come down to the proverbial coin flip when deciding on the final line up.

I'll post details of the successful applicants on here before midnight EDT, as well as the full team on ericnnancy's thread.

Old
?? - Sun Apr 03, 2011, 07:11 PM
(#16)
please explain the word -- team-- in any poker related issue-- i am curious-

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 07:18 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Easy. Something you're not in. Now go away.

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 07:39 PM
(#18)
Since: Mar 2011
WhiteStar
what is this a joke i only played 4 tourneys last month and finished 1252. so far this month though i have been donked out of most tourneys early. however saw some vengence with 34th place finish earlier today

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 07:54 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman61 View Post
That's it. Time's up.

Thank you to all those who applied here or via pm. I'll be sorting through the applicants over the next few hours to establish who most closely matches the profile of who I'm trying to help.

If you're not chosen, please don't take it personally. There are only three places available and it may well come down to the proverbial coin flip when deciding on the final line up.

I'll post details of the successful applicants on here before midnight EDT, as well as the full team on ericnnancy's thread.
GL with your choices. I love how you are applying logic to this.

JT

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 07:55 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
Best of luck with the apprectice thing Darkman. I am sure many of us will be keeping an eye on your pupils to see their progress. And who knows, this may be the next logical move of the site. The best players training those with the desire to do well here. I am just glad to see there was a healthy response.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com