Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Chatty tables or Quiet tables

Old
Chatty tables or Quiet tables - Sun Apr 03, 2011, 01:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Apr 2011
I don't know if it's just been the people I have played against in PSO tourneys... but (and call me crazy) I can not physically be at a table (whether real life or online) and not at least try to have a conversation with the other players... In the last two PSOs I've been in, 90% of the players are just the clicking dead...

So, what do you all think... do you talk at the tables, do you prefer it quiet... do you wish Pokerstars did away with the chatbox completely? Let me know!

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 01:59 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
I love it. You can talk to me until the cows come home. Tell me everything

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 02:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
Sometimes I wish I could disable my chatbox... Don't know how to do that.

Personally, I like chatty tables (not the kind of chat that involves the word 'donk' or comments about my mother), but with so many people multitabling online, it's pretty hard to get anyone to pay attention to their chatbox.

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 02:09 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
So, perhaps it's because I usually on only two tables at a time... it allows me more room to chat with others... whereas, they are busy with 4-7 other tables and thus can't be bothered...

Eh... I dunno... maybe I don't take it as seriously as others do... have fun people!

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 02:42 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
Alot of the times while I play I have it on stats not chat so I don't see people chatting.

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 02:53 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirshot View Post
Alot of the times while I play I have it on stats not chat so I don't see people chatting.
Clever. Maybe I'm just so tilted whenever I want to block my chat that I can't think of that.

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 03:38 PM
(#7)
Since: Jul 2010
tile 9 tables and see how much you're chatting

Old
Sun Apr 03, 2011, 08:07 PM
(#8)
Since: Feb 2011
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by john.duce View Post
lol...7's my limit,,and no chatting past 4.....hehe.......And JR,look for my tbl....there's usually chatting there...whether they appreciate it or not.....Argh!!!!.....Quiver

Old
Mon Apr 04, 2011, 02:49 AM
(#9)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanickyPoker View Post
Sometimes I wish I could disable my chatbox... Don't know how to do that.
Click on the chips in the middle and theres a tick box to show Observer or Player chat. Not sure if this is what you meant or whether you wanted the chat box completely gone sometimes.

Old
Mon Apr 04, 2011, 03:24 AM
(#10)
Yep, that's what I was looking for. I'll check on that, thanks.

Old
Mon Apr 04, 2011, 03:26 AM
(#11)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by john.duce View Post

The duce hasn't chatted since 1973...............

Old
Mon Apr 04, 2011, 08:14 AM
(#12)
Since: Jan 2011
BronzeStar
In the PSO tourneys, I generally run w/ the stats box on, so i don't see any of the banter. Then there are times when I'm bored and go to the chat box to see what i missed, I like to pick up info that others are dropping too. I'll gain some info on a player if they get too loose w/ their chat. Sometimes i'll throw a question out there and see if I can get a bite...kinda like fishing

>Dem

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com