Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

RIGHT to Complain?

Old
Angry
RIGHT to Complain? - Mon Apr 04, 2011, 11:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
What is a Forum for, if people cannot speak their mind and Yes! even complain about things
that are "bugging them".

But it is getting to be a habit of: (Moderators or ?) to REMOVE TOPICS.
Even if the topic has opposing view points ( ie: controversy); that is an insulting dis-service
to the regular members who post here.

Old
Tue Apr 05, 2011, 01:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
What was removed?

Old
Tue Apr 05, 2011, 09:55 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
What was removed?
The last topic was "my x beagle you can't do this" or similar title. The subject was asking people to use their clock. There were alot of posts. I do not necessarily agree with a lot of it. But never-the-less, I believe they have a right to speak.

The former "Controversal Topic; was about a player who made Bets; and then "welched" on them; I do not know the title. But I believe more than one rant on the subject was removed.

Old
Tue Apr 05, 2011, 10:02 AM
(#4)
I'm pretty sure those type of posts are allowed to run on to an extent. However they eventually always run into the same group of people insulting each other and trying to one up each other through verbal diarrhea. I personally have no problem when this happens, its their time and can sometimes be entertaining. Having said that, I also understand why the mods shut them down.

Perhaps we should be focusing on the immature individuals who wreck solid posts instead of blaming mods. Just my 2 cents.

Old
Tue Apr 05, 2011, 12:28 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Sens Fan View Post
I'm pretty sure those type of posts are allowed to run on to an extent. However they eventually always run into the same group of people insulting each other and trying to one up each other through verbal diarrhea. I personally have no problem when this happens, its their time and can sometimes be entertaining. Having said that, I also understand why the mods shut them down.

Perhaps we should be focusing on the immature individuals who wreck solid posts instead of blaming mods. Just my 2 cents.
very good points sir.........as to the ones that wreck solid post i think a good way to handle it would be to ban the person that starts to wreck the post for 1 day from the forum and keep the post open and take no action with anyone who responds to him/her just ban the one that starts it.1st time 1day ban 2nd time 2 days and so on we all have seen sold post get closed because of just 1 person.and the mods should post in that same thread that the person just got banned for the day.i dont know if the mods can do this or not but it should solve the problem.i would really like to here what the mods think about this.P.S. no warnings 1st offense 1day.

Old
Tue Apr 05, 2011, 12:34 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahmani381 View Post
very good points sir.........as to the ones that wreck solid post i think a good way to handle it would be to ban the person that starts to wreck the post for 1 day from the forum and keep the post open and take no action with anyone who responds to him/her just ban the one that starts it.1st time 1day ban 2nd time 2 days and so on we all have seen sold post get closed because of just 1 person.and the mods should post in that same thread that the person just got banned for the day.i dont know if the mods can do this or not but it should solve the problem.i would really like to here what the mods think about this.P.S. no warnings 1st offense 1day.
I'd like to hear what they think about that too.

Old
?? - Tue Apr 05, 2011, 12:45 PM
(#7)
I wish i could comment on this issue- yet i cannot- valids point made by all-- i wish you good runnin< monk................

Old
Tue Apr 05, 2011, 01:05 PM
(#8)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandPat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier
What was removed?
The last topic was "my x beagle you can't do this" or similar title. The subject was asking people to use their clock. There were alot of posts. I do not necessarily agree with a lot of it. But never-the-less, I believe they have a right to speak.
The thread was not removed. It's right here:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...u-cant-do-this

I think they remove very few threads, if any.

Old
Tue Apr 05, 2011, 02:04 PM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2010
True. It did take a ridiculously long amount of time before "Live Training Tonight at 9PM" came down.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com