Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Aces Cracked, the saga continues...

Old
Aces Cracked, the saga continues... - Tue Apr 05, 2011, 01:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Check out this hand. Let me know what you think, this time I just shoved it all in preflop. This was from the 1pm Game of your life 10FPP today. All I can say is, thank god there was a side pot. Anyone is welcome to convince me how much a donk I am and that those players made solid calls.

Last edited by IroncladMerc; Tue Apr 05, 2011 at 01:31 PM..

Old
Tue Apr 05, 2011, 10:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
Nope,obviously 2 "If they're suited,I'm shipping it" donks here.

God bless their pointy little heads.

Old
Tue Apr 05, 2011, 10:23 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
I didnt know these where running already.

Sucks but the shortstack is shipping any suited cards,Ace rag, and connected cards in this spot.
K5 suited is just a bad play and donks get me with those kinds of hands all the time if I dont note them for that kind of hand.

Old
Tue Apr 05, 2011, 11:15 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2011
I'm wondering why you would put in 1400+ pre-flop to win 125? Wouldnt a raise be a better move? Maybe gives you a chance to push after the flop and take the pot. I can't see the short stack re-raising with his hand pre-flop otherwise he'd have pushed initially. It seems you wanted a caller or 2 to get maximum value with your aces, got them and ended up being a little unlucky

I don't know coz I'm learning, just a couple of thoughts really.

Good luck

Old
Thu Apr 07, 2011, 07:31 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Tried just raising on my earlier thread in a PSO, I was told I should just ship it with Aces, so I decided to try it. I normally do just 3x raise it. Both approaches ended with a loss.

Old
Mon Apr 11, 2011, 03:32 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by IroncladMerc View Post
Tried just raising on my earlier thread in a PSO, I was told I should just ship it with Aces, so I decided to try it. I normally do just 3x raise it. Both approaches ended with a loss.
Yes I saw the other thread, in that situation you should've shoved because a min raise looks very much like a weak attempt to steal and you don't leverage your fold equity. Here you are putting in everthing to win very few chips.

I don't think it's as simple as one or the other, it depends on the situation.

But you have to take what I say with a very big pinch of salt because I'm just learning myself. I could be completely wrong lol

Good luck.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com